Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Gaming (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Silent Hill series? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gaming/6962-silent-hill-series.html)

thesaunderschild 10th October 2011 09:37 PM

The Silent Hill series?

Anybody from the lab a fan of Silent Hill?

I own / love the entire series, but cannot complete Homecoming on the Xbox 360. I tried to just get a game save, but that proved to be awkward.

Anyway, I hear Downpour has been delayed in Europe until possibly March. While this is annoying to impatient people, I think it'll gimme a chance to get those other top games that are due out this fall. :)

Saunders.

gag 11th October 2011 09:57 AM

I think they are fantastic games...i played them all on all versions wasnt keen on forth one and never botherd to finish it.. saying that i tried 3 times and always got low on energy and could never advance further without dying, i got shatterd memories on wii but havent played it for a while, but deffo games worth playing...

Demoncrat 11th October 2011 10:01 AM

aye, mate still wants to play the 1st because i raved about it that much at the time. 2nd is easily one of THE games of all time. 3rd i felt tried too hard, 4th a silly and difficult mess....havent played one since due to not having the machines, but one of these days.....

i take it we all agree that the film was shit apart from pyramid head then??:lol:;);)

Baseball Fury 11th October 2011 11:34 AM

I used to be a big fan of Silent Hill, cleared the first two umpteen times to get all the different endings and what not, but never managed to complete the third! I got to the last boss, but had no ammo at all, so I lost interest and never picked it up again!

The Room was an interesting idea, but poorly executed to be honest. I can't get on with Homecoming because you CAN'T INVERT THE CONTROLS, which is cocking ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to the HD reissue of 2/3 on the PS3/360, so maybe I'll finally complete 3 then.

Rassilon 11th October 2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaunderschild (Post 188996)
Anybody from the lab a fan of Silent Hill?

I own / love the entire series, but cannot complete Homecoming on the Xbox 360. I tried to just get a game save, but that proved to be awkward.

Anyway, I hear Downpour has been delayed in Europe until possibly March. While this is annoying to impatient people, I think it'll gimme a chance to get those other top games that are due out this fall. :)

Saunders.

I am a huge fan of these games and have completed them all. Shattered Memories on wii I thought was better than homecoming. It used such great ideas like using the wii remote as a flash light and phone. The second part worked great as the remote rang, you answer it with A and then hold the speaker to you ear to hear a static noise before a ghost. amazing and scary. Like Baseball I look forward to the HD verisons but think they could have easily included Silent Hill 4

Rik 11th October 2011 03:19 PM

Love these games, at the minute the only ones I own are Homecoming for Xbox 360 and the excellent Origins for PSP. Film isn't too bad either

Violence is Italian Art

Rassilon 11th October 2011 03:59 PM

Oh yeah I forgot origins. That game is awesome with headphones in. very scary. looking forward to downpour but having doubts. Want a silent hill where you can explore the town more. Homecoming was limited in that respect.

gag 11th October 2011 04:03 PM

Yes two deffo the best, But 1st on was very eerie creepy and extremely atmospheric, and the music did it wonders was realy freaky.

Demoncrat 12th October 2011 10:29 AM

to wit, does anyone else have the soundtracks?? when i 1st saw them advertised, i thought to myself "surely itl only consist of shrieking and clanging??" and boy i was right:lol:, have them all up to the 4th (which has songs!! hmmm)

So it is only me that thinks the film is a turd then? c'est la vie....

gag 12th October 2011 12:55 PM

I dont think the film was great but didnt think it was to bad either, Could have been better but at same time a lot of game to film conversion are generaly rubbish,

thesaunderschild 12th October 2011 09:18 PM

Well, I saw some news on other horror gaming websites, stating that in the HD re-releases of 2 amd 3... I heard they had wanted to change the voice actors and one of the orig. voice actors (who voiced James) then just threatened to sue Konami or Team Silent (or whoever came up with the idea to replace the orig. voices of James, etc).

It's been settled apparently, but why'd ya wanna change the voices? :crazy:

Baseball Fury 13th October 2011 07:41 AM

Because the voice acting in the first couple of games is crap! Haha. It'd be like re-doing the PS1 Resi game and leaving the voice files.

"DON'T OPEN.... THAT DOOR!"

thesaunderschild 13th October 2011 09:10 AM

^I think that was from RE1. xD

dream demon 23rd October 2011 07:41 PM

I absolutely loved the first game - one of my all time favourite PS1 titles. It's up there with the Resident Evil series, Metal Gear Solid, and Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night, but I have never played the others in the series. Too be honest, by that time I had worked in a video game store for a few years, and never wanted to see another video game as long as I lived. I guess I had what guitar shop workers apparently call 'idiot sickness'. I have the forthcoming HD set on pre-order, and I'm looking forward to seeing what I have been missing.

And just for the record, I really like the film, owning both the German and UK steelbook editions, and will be upgrading to the BD, too. :pop2: I also hear there is a 3D sequel in the works!

And as far as changing the voice actors on games, that is just as bad as Greedo shooting first!

thesaunderschild 4th December 2011 04:26 AM

Book of Memories is due to be released around February.

I think co-op in a Silent Hill game is going to take from the scare factors. :eek:

Baseball Fury 4th December 2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 189526)
It'd be like re-doing the PS1 Resi game and leaving the voice files.

"DON'T OPEN.... THAT DOOR!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaunderschild (Post 189546)
^I think that was from RE1. xD

;)

Is there a firm release date for the SH Collection yet? I know the MGS one was delayed massively for Europe.

thesaunderschild 6th December 2011 03:24 PM

It'll be out soon. No original voices for SH3 HD, however!

Bringer Of Funerals 6th December 2011 04:16 PM

The MGS HD is out Feb

thesaunderschild 7th December 2011 09:38 AM

Well, I for one won't be getting that collection. One reason being that I'm not the owner of a HD telly or a PS3, and I don't really care about HD anyway, because I think it's just an overpriced luxury, and if you have it, then fine. But it's not like you absolutely need it to enjoy your games. For years, there was no such thing as high definition, so this is all new and it seems slightly overrated in my view.

I'm happy with my 'regular' versions of Silent Hill 2 and 3 for now. I don't feel the need to pay all over again for games I already own, albeit with less colour. You see, it's not just what I do...

Bringer Of Funerals 7th December 2011 02:21 PM

Im looking forward to Downpor, that looks interesting

thesaunderschild 10th December 2011 01:05 AM

Downpour is it for Silent Hill, at least for me. It HAS to be better than a substandard, average rating of being just good. 7 out of 10 stars maybe is enough. Otherwise, I'll be giving up on the genre altogether. Really, since both RE and SH developed into an action series, both have just not been quite as good... I think they just wanted it to be action to rake in more cash that way. It's like selling out.

Rik 14th November 2013 04:27 PM

This is pretty damn cool :cool:

Watch a Sexy Burlesque Tribute to Silent Hill | News Article | FEARnet

bleakshaun 16th January 2018 10:04 AM

Currently replaying Silent Hill 2, did not realize that you can wield Pyramid Head's knife

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

bleakshaun 9th January 2019 11:52 AM

There is an interesting article in the new issue of Scream magazine about silent hill homecoming

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

bleakshaun 12th October 2019 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh guys, new Silent Hill game has dropped, oh wait it's a ****ing slot machine
**** Konami
Attachment 219864

Nordicdusk 12th October 2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 613165)
Oh guys, new Silent Hill game has dropped, oh wait it's a ****ing slot machine
**** Konami
Attachment 219864

:pound::pound:

Maybe slot machines are still big business in Japan

gag 7th April 2020 08:05 AM

2 more games in the pipeline but for ps5 .

Love these games over res evil.

Rumour: Silent Hills to Return on PS5 Alongside Separate Series Reboot - Push Square

Nordicdusk 7th April 2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 624384)
2 more games in the pipeline but for ps5 .

Love these games over res evil.

Rumour: Silent Hills to Return on PS5 Alongside Separate Series Reboot - Push Square

If they remastered the first and second the way Resident 2 and 3 have been they would make an absolute killing. I would love to see Silent Hill make a return and make something amazing.

Edgeworth 16th June 2020 06:47 PM

Silent Hill DLC dropped for Dead by Daylight today and it's pretty awesome. Hopefully will show there's still lots of interest for the game if it sells well.

https://youtu.be/H_s0TVpJw9Y

gag 16th June 2020 07:54 PM

Found this on YouTube documentary on silent hill games.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th June 2020 08:14 PM

The original PS1 game of Silent Hill was phenomenal.
Got it at the same time as Metal Gear Solid,both groundbreaking in their day!:wise:

gag 18th June 2020 08:16 PM

Most people only like first 4 after that rest and from different people and a different company.
I struggled to get into part 4 the room.
They was atmospheric and the eerie music helped when ya playing on you're own late at night and lights off.

Thompson 7th July 2020 10:21 PM

There are rumours of the franchise being revived.

gag 8th July 2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaunderschild (Post 629997)
There are rumours of the franchise being revived.

Yes I've heard that, hope it's the original makers after part 4 it swapped hands that's why after 4 isn't as good and game play altered as well.
The first four video games in the series, Silent Hill, 2, 3 and 4: The Room, were developed by an internal group called Team Silent, a development staff within former Konami subsidiary Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo. The later six games, Origins, Homecoming, Shattered Memories, Downpour, Book of Memories and P.T. (a Silent Hills playable teaser), were developed by others.

About the new games In link below.
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71216...ake/index.html

Thompson 8th July 2020 11:00 PM

Supposedly, it could even be a Sony exclusive. Ah, that's just typical. And to think I wanted the new Xbox.

:thankingyou:

gag 26th September 2022 02:09 PM

Not just a new silent hill game seems like silent hill 2 remake as well.

https://gamerant.com/silent-hill-2-remake-leak/

Thompson 2nd October 2022 12:10 PM

Recently, a game was rated in Korea. But that's all I know. It could even be a demo.

The speculation has been overkill. I know...

Nordicdusk 4th October 2022 08:17 AM

Something's needs to happen with this series even if it is just a remake of the first or second game.

Thompson 7th October 2022 06:47 AM

Due to the popularity of the second game and because the sequels are normally only loose sequels besides 3, they would probably develop a SH2 remake. You know?

That's because Pyramid Head is basically the definition of the series to most gamers and critics.

gag 19th October 2022 04:32 PM

Here some news for silent hill fans

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/si.../1100-6508328/