Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

anythinggoes78 27th September 2014 08:04 PM

Picked up Insidious 2 and Bad Ass 2 at Asda today

Seething as I missed out on 95 dvds for £25 no rarities bit still a good 70 I didn't have ffs

nosferatu42 27th September 2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 419268)
The Redemption DVD is a US release - same master as the old OOP BCI release I think.

It actually has a bbfc 18 certificate, the middle 6 in the 666 at the bottom left has a tiny 18 cert in the middle. :confused: :pop2:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th September 2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 419270)
It actually has a bbfc 18 certificate, the middle 6 in the 666 at the bottom left has a tiny 18 cert in the middle. :confused: :pop2:

Weird... Naughty Redemption!

nosferatu42 27th September 2014 08:35 PM

Watched it the other night,it's definitely a lot more intact than the film 2000 release i used to own, i checked up on a dvd comparison thing on tinternet and everything that should be there seems to be. Just wondered if the Nucleus release has anything else,ie a slightly different cut. Either way for £2 seems like a good buy.:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th September 2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 419272)
Watched it the other night,it's definitely a lot more intact than the film 2000 release i used to own, i checked up on a dvd comparison thing on tinternet and everything that should be there seems to be. Just wondered if the Nucleus release has anything else,ie a slightly different cut. Either way for £2 seems like a good buy.:)

It does indeed. It sounds to me like they just re-pressed and repackaged their US market disc for the UK. There is no mention of them submitting the film to the BBFC on their site.

nosferatu42 27th September 2014 08:44 PM

So they just sneaked it out,like it. Nice.;)

Nightbreed1984 27th September 2014 08:51 PM

In regards to the Halloween boxset I may give it a miss for now. Prefer the mediabooks, so will get them instead. I already have the mediabook of Part 3 and it comes with the soundtrack too which is good.

Andra Jai 28th September 2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 419210)
Over 10 minutes out of sync audio on Halloween 4 isn't whinging. :)

Oh okay that sounds bloody awful, as I said I haven't had a chance to go through the set yet, any chance of a replacement program?

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th September 2014 08:07 AM

Anchor Bay are trying to say it's not their fault (which is total bs), and won't be doing a replacement program, but everyone is up in arms, so I'd say they'll have to do something eventually.

Andra Jai 28th September 2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 419306)
Anchor Bay are trying to say it's not their fault (which is total bs), and won't be doing a replacement program, but everyone is up in arms, so I'd say they'll have to do something eventually.

okay that's really weird, having now done some research online everyone is saying it goes out of sync for around 8 mins from the 48 minute mark then goes back to normal.

Having just tried mine it drops sync in about 3 places for about a second during that entire time and to be honest if i hadn't known about it I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Admittedly I have only tried it on my Pioneer blu-ray player so perhaps I just got lucky with this and my player handles it well.

Nice to have something go my way for a change