What Have You Bought Recently?
Okay,I know it's a minority at the moment,but what have you watched on 1080BP recently?
PIC AND SOUND QUALITY BLOW YOU AWAY?
PICK IT UP AT A GREAT PRICE?
Stick it all on here please!
Halloween and The Thing both look fantastic and they can be got a a pretty decent price plus Army Of Darkness is amazing too.
Although I won't recieve my equipment for about a week yet,in anticipation I've bought....
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
DAWN OF THE DEAD
LAND OF THE DEAD
THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE 1974
FULL METAL JACKET
MAD MAX 2
LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT REMAKE
MY BLOODY VALENTINE REMAKE
THE MATRIX TRILOGY
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
BLADE RUNNER 5 DISC (AUSTRALIAN)
THE OMEN TRILOGY
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
V FOR VENDETTA
30 DAYS OF NIGHT
THE DARK KNIGHT
Anyone got any of the above?
I'm choking to see Kubrick's films in Hi-Def....
Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 2nd November 2009 at 05:07 PM.
I have Halloween, Mad Max 2 and Terminator 2 (hope you hae the skynet edition I heard the otherone looks crap)
Of the ones above
As for Kubrick I have 2001 A Space Oddessy which I can tell you looks bloody amazing in hight def I cant belive it was shot in the 60's, compare it to the B&W archive footage (from the same time) on the extras and you'll see wht I mean.
T2 is the cheapo Optimum version
I'll bet 2001 looks the dogs.
Can't wait to see A CLOCKWORK ORANGE and THE SHINING in HIDEF!
The Shining is one Im looking forward to getting eventually. Read online that the Clockwork orange tansfer isnt quite up to scratch but that its still a huge improvement over the dvd
Reaper I will be interesed in hearing what you think of the Texas Chansaw Massacre on BR as its one Im thinking of getting. Do you have the Seriouly Ulitmate Edition or whatever its called. I heard they went back to the origonal 16mm negative for the transfer which should make it quite impressive. Plus the list of extras is quite good.
So far I have...
Friday the 13th(remake) absolute bollox of a film but looks great!!
Friday the 13th 2. Cleaned up pretty good
Friday the 13th 3. Haven't watched it yet
HMV are selling the F13 2 and 3 for 9.99euro so I assume they would be less than a tenner sterling.
The Thing. Haven't watched it yet(my Halloween treat!)
My Bloody valentine(remake) Amazing Disc. 3D is the way to go on this, blew me away.
Diary of the dead. Haven't watched it yet.
Dawn of the dead(Arrow) Another amazing packed disc
Terminator 2(skynet edition) This really is worth getting...loads of stuff on it
Book of blood. Looks great but lack of any decent extras doesn't really warrant spending the extra 8 quid for.
Casino Royale. I'm not a Bond fan but picked this up pre owned and it a must to show off your hi def telly!
Tropic Thunder. Great disc, crystal clear
The Dark Knight. Another one that is flawless
Zac and Miri make a porno. Decent enough disc...picked it up pre owned, don't think I'd pay full price for it.
Bolt. The Disney Pixar type movies are amazing on Blu ray. Bolt comes with both BR and DVD and you can see the difference
Kung Fu Panda. One of the best picture quality disc'c out there
Pans Labyrinth. Worth 11euro of anyones money!
Hulk(ed norton) Gorgeous disc. A few parts in this I was left gobsmacked
This is Spinal Tap(up to 11 edition). Haven't watched this yet but any boxset that comes with so much and a working guitar amp that goes to 11 is worth getting.
Wolverine. Top quality disc with loads of extras and jaw dropping picture quality
Robocop. One of my fave movies. Picture quality is ok but nothing to shout about
Hancock. Great picture quality makes an average movie watchable..decent extras though to be fair
Some of my wife's choice..
Dirt Dancing. Cleaned up fairly well in some of the scenes. Loads of extras.
Mamma Mia. Picture quality on this is really good. It did pain me to watch this though.
Young Guns. Cleaned up ok but only worth getting if your a fan(my missus!)
I've just ordered Blue Underground's
NEW YORK RIPPER
DEAD AND BURIED
LIVING DEAD AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE....
I'm new to blu-ray so have only got 2 . Pans Labyrynth looked great, as did Red Desert (for its age). In general, I'm really impressed with blu-ray, probably more so than I thought I'd be.
For bargains, amazon are selling quite a few of the BFI blu-rays at around the £10 mark, which is cheaper than they are on DVD
I've got a few Blu-Ray's that I picked up sporadically over the past year or so, although it's not a format I buy for that often to be honest. I currently own:
- 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later box set (Not watched these yet but I got them at a good price, although apparently they aren't the best looking Blu's out there, but still worth having).
- 3:10 to Yuma (It looks superb on Blu, well worth a buy and has a good bunch of extras).
- American Psycho (I went for the Australian version of this as it still works on UK systems and the picture quality is far, far superior to the US release which is apparently one of the worst Blu releases for edge-enhancement or something, but this is a superb disc with some good extras and the film is superb aswell in my opinion so it was a must-buy for me).
- The Dark Knight (Pretty much everyone owns this Blu now, superb with some good extras although it's obvious there will be numerous re-releases of this in the future).
- My Name is Bruce (Again, another one I've not watched yet, so I don't know if it looks good or not, I just picked it up in a HMV sale a few months back and it's meant to be a great film aswell).
- Night Watch/Day Watch box set (Yet another I've not watched, I picked this up in a two for £18 along with the 28 Days/28 Weeks set back in May).
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Superb disc, classic film, some decent extras, well worth a buy and a good upgrade over the DVD, I just wish we would have got the Blu-Ray Book version that was released in the US).
- There's Something About Mary (Great film in my opinion and another great disc, I think there are a few extras on there, but it's definitely worth a buy if you like the film).
- Zulu (Fantastic picture quality, classic film, a load of extras, worth a buy if you enjoy the film).
I'll probably pick more up in the future but I'm fine with DVD now for the most part. It's only if there's a significant upgrade that I will get a Blu-Ray version, in most cases I'm satisfied with DVD quality really.
|Like this? Share it using the links below!|
|blu-ray, dvd, film, horror, purchases, recently purchased, shops|