Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

MacBlayne 23rd November 2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 468805)
I have Vinegar Syndrome's Blu of Christmas Evil set aside for this year. I also usually watch Black Christmas but apart from that I don't really do much Xmas themed viewing in December.

I also concur with Dem on Don't Open Till Christmas - a great little Xmas horror which I may have to revisit myself this year having not seen it for a good few years.

I ordered the German Blu-Ray of Black Christmas a fortnight ago. I saw it a few years back. I don't think I was a huge fan of it then, but I was also a moron then. Funnily enough, I ordered Bob Clark's other festive favourite, A Christmas Story. Never saw that one either.

MacBlayne 23rd November 2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 468808)
You're welcome.

Get yourself a copy of Sint. You really won't regret it.

Shouldn't that be "You Sint be disappointed!"?

I'll get my coat :bolt:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd November 2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 468810)
Shouldn't that be "You Sint be disappointed!"?

I'll get my coat :bolt:

That's terrible!

I'm leaving...never mind you.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 468807)
I can't wait for next Friday. December 4th. The tree will go up as i'm off until January 4th. :glitter:

I also have forty horrors saved throughout the year, both old and new, which i've never seen before plus seven Network series like Into the Labyrinth and Mystery and Imagination. I'm really looking forward to the month. I've had some of those series waiting from last January. :lol:

I'll probably be sticking my decs up this coming weekend. I'm actually off this week so I'm going to do some Xmas shopping and hopefully Black Friday will also yield some savings on gifts too- as well as some 'presents' for myself of course! :D

I had my first mince pie yesterday so am starting to feel a little more festive already. ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 468809)
I ordered the German Blu-Ray of Black Christmas a fortnight ago. I saw it a few years back. I don't think I was a huge fan of it then, but I was also a moron then. Funnily enough, I ordered Bob Clark's other festive favourite, A Christmas Story. Never saw that one either.

I also have the German Blu.

Yeah, I get the whole re-appraisal of films / self-confessed moron thing. My next review to be posted in the Noir thread is actually for Brighton Rock, which I first watched when I was about 13/14 and didn't think much of it - in fact I found it quite boring. Now having re-appraised it almost 10 years later I realise what a fantastic film it really is and I want to travel back in time and slap my 13/14 year old self... however that can be said about so many things and I'd probably be suffering severe brain damage at this point in time if my future self had been able to go back and slap my past self for various acts of stupidity.

MacBlayne 23rd November 2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 468815)
I'll probably be sticking my decs up this coming weekend. I'm actually off this week so I'm going to do some Xmas shopping and hopefully Black Friday will also yield some savings on gifts too- as well as some 'presents' for myself of course! :D

I had my first mince pie yesterday so am starting to feel a little more festive already. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 468815)
I can't wait for next Friday. December 4th. The tree will go up as i'm off until January 4th.

I also have forty horrors saved throughout the year, both old and new, which i've never seen before plus seven Network series like Into the Labyrinth and Mystery and Imagination. I'm really looking forward to the month. I've had some of those series waiting from last January. :lol:

I'll be putting mine up around the 4th or 5th as well. While Jona Lewie and The Pogues are blasing from the radio.

I just love Christmas.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 468818)
I'll be putting mine up around the 4th or 5th as well. While Jona Lewie and The Pogues are blasing from the radio.

I just love Christmas.

The Pogues also get a lot of air time in my house at Xmas too. :bananarock:

Demoncrat 23rd November 2015 11:22 AM

Just acquired The Burning for £1. The Vipco Vaults release, uncut blah blah. Hopefully it will play as some of the dics I've gotten from BRC have been, er, weathered somewhat.....;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd November 2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 468820)
Just acquired The Burning for £1. The Vipco Vaults release, uncut blah blah. Hopefully it will play as some of the dics I've gotten from BRC have been, er, weathered somewhat.....;)

Nothing worse than weathered dics! ;) :D

Justin101 23rd November 2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 468808)
You're welcome.

Get yourself a copy of Sint. You really won't regret it.

I got myself one in the summer ready to watch this December I'm looking forward to it! I like how Saint Nic looks like Papa Emeritus :lol: