Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 15th December 2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560380)
I watched that the other night. It's not bad. A lot of cameos. Landis practically stars in the film as a terrorist.

To be honest i can barely remember it.

Justin101 15th December 2017 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two blind buys for me, The Monster Club from the recent Network sale, and Showgirls, I've been meaning to buy for ages, waited for the UK release but it turns out it's not in full HD it's in 1080i so I grabbed the German one! I think I might be saving it to watch on Christmas Day with my flatmate :lol:

:xmascan:

platostotal 15th December 2017 06:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Friday pick-ups, Electra Glide BD was a nice surprise in HMV for £8.99, Soylent & Bloodwork dvd were 50p each in Cancer Research...

trebor8273 15th December 2017 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One delivery and just booked tickets to star wars at the IMAX for Monday.

Dave Boy 16th December 2017 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 199966

SymbioticFunction 16th December 2017 08:47 AM

Bought a Star Wars cgi animated Clone Wars blu-ray boxset from Zavvi. Cost 30.59 pounds with XMASBOX10 10% discount. That seems like a good price considering that it is Seasons 1-5 and roughly 28 hours of content. Will take me a while to get through.

I've previously watched several episodes from Season 1 and completely dismissed it but everyone assures me that during Season 3 it becomes pretty amazing from then on in. This should make a nice addition to my 8 film Star Wars collection.

Pleasingly all the episodes are in 2.35:1 (I think they were originally broadcast in 1.78:1 with information missing from the sides?) and in surround sound. And apparently later on in the series, there are 3 or 4 episode arcs that kinda play out like animated movies. So this should be quite good fun to watch if you are a Star Wars fan.

Dave Boy 16th December 2017 08:59 AM

^ Excellent. You will not be disappointed.
These episodes are great. Of note is that they feature characters such as Jedi Knights which only had background roles in the prequel films.
I will point out Season 2 Episode ' Landing At Point Rain' as a favourite of mine.

You should check out Star Wars Rebels. If you like The Clone Wars, you will LOVE Rebels.

SymbioticFunction 16th December 2017 09:15 AM

I could be wrong here but my understanding is that each Clone Wars episode's story was approved or authorized by George Lucas. So perhaps it could be argued that these are somehow more 'canon' than the 3 Disney movie entries? If I enjoy the show, I'll also pick up a blu-ray of the 75% completed 6th Season - available from the US, Australia or Germany I think.

Dave Boy 16th December 2017 09:24 AM

Yes. For completion the 6th season and The Clone Wars movie.

Nice one. :thumb:

trebor8273 16th December 2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 560505)
Bought a Star Wars cgi animated Clone Wars blu-ray boxset from Zavvi. Cost 30.59 pounds with XMASBOX10 10% discount. That seems like a good price considering that it is Seasons 1-5 and roughly 28 hours of content. Will take me a while to get through.

I've previously watched several episodes from Season 1 and completely dismissed it but everyone assures me that during Season 3 it becomes pretty amazing from then on in. This should make a nice addition to my 8 film Star Wars collection.

Pleasingly all the episodes are in 2.35:1 (I think they were originally broadcast in 1.78:1 with information missing from the sides?) and in surround sound. And apparently later on in the series, there are 3 or 4 episode arcs that kinda play out like animated movies. So this should be quite good fun to watch if you are a Star Wars fan.

as others have said its a brilliant show far out shining the prequels, not sure but i think from season three onwards is when George took less control on the show, season one was just basically setting up the characters etc and it is cannon as is rebels

also worth getting six as it ties stuff into a new hope and answers some important questions