Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Sargento 22nd February 2011 08:39 PM

I wasn't THAT keen Nek to be honest ... hence my Blu up for trade at the moment. Don't get me wrong, it was ... well ... OK, but not at all what I had been lead to believe.

bdc 22nd February 2011 08:41 PM

Isn't the UK bd of Hellraiser oop?

oaxaca 22nd February 2011 08:58 PM

Quite possibly...It's out of stock on amazon.co.uk anyways. Why would Anchor Bay stop printing a title like Hellraiser I wonder. I'd have though its one of the most renowned horror films out.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd February 2011 09:01 PM

Hellraiser will be 25 years old next year... I smell a 25th Anniversary Edition scam.

the blob 22nd February 2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 130422)
Hellraiser will be 25 years old next year... I smell a 25th Anniversary Edition scam.

Quite possibly. Maybe a Blu Puzzle Box? :eyebrows:

I bought the UK one ages ago for less than a fiver from Amazon. I don't mind the cover. It's kind of the traditional Hellraiser sleeve now.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd February 2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 130427)
Quite possibly. Maybe a Blu Puzzle Box? :eyebrows:

I'd definitely be up for that! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 130427)
I bought the UK one ages ago for less than a fiver from Amazon. I don't mind the cover. It's kind of the traditional Hellraiser sleeve now.

I've never been fond of that cover, even when I had the UK VHS, and then the DVD before trading them to pick up the ABUK Trilogy box set.

One thing that I don't like about it, is the photoshopped 'flash' coming from the box. It's as though pinhead's pissed that someone's booby-trapped his box, or that he's about to propose to a fellow cenobite with a big, sparkly diamond engagement ring! :lol:

the blob 22nd February 2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 130440)
I'd definitely be up for that! :D

I've never been fond of that cover, even when I had the UK VHS, and then the DVD before trading them to pick up the ABUK Trilogy box set.

One thing that I don't like about it, is the photoshopped 'flash' coming from the box. It's as though pinhead's pissed that someone's booby-trapped his box, or that he's about to propose to a fellow cenobite with a big, sparkly diamond engagement ring! :lol:

I'll skip the wedding reception...

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd February 2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 130446)
I'll skip the wedding reception...

Yeah... I don't think that would be pretty.

Would have made an entertaining Hellraiser sequel though. ;)

nekromantik 22nd February 2011 09:47 PM

They already released a puzzlebox boxset in the US which contains the blu of the first film and then the first 3 on dvd.

the blob 22nd February 2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 130449)
They already released a puzzlebox boxset in the US which contains the blu of the first film and then the first 3 on dvd.

Hopefully the UK can go one better. I really like Hellbound so would love that on Blu too especially.