Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 14th February 2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 620589)
I am a massive contrarian, so I have not bought Joker and didn't see it at the cinema. It's just my nature. I avoid all the films that are massively hyped as I always end up disappointed. I prefer the under-the-radar films that take you by surprise.

Weird peccadillo, I know, but vive la difference!

I'm exactly the same, avoid hyped mainstream blockbuster stuff, and go for film I've practically never heard off .

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th February 2020 03:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
New arrivals.

The first two from the recent Screenbound sale and the others from Network's web site.

The Killer Barby's film i already own but wanted this version to complement other Blackhouse titles i own. When i ordered it the sale had finished and it was back at full price, but i'd left it in my basket from the sale priced at 3 and was allowed to check out at that price plus postage.

Demoncrat 15th February 2020 06:07 PM

To ward off the weather.

2 UK dvds.

Red Road (Andrea Arnold's debut)
Honour And Glory (the 'rock & G Ho :))

McLintock This being a Japanese dvd from Cosmic Pictures :confused::lol:.
I have a feeling twill be in that language also. Should be a hoot.

3 the lot.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th February 2020 07:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had an enjoyable and worthwhile trip to HMV on Thursday, one I intend to repeat on Tuesday.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th February 2020 09:57 PM

@Nos.

Don't open The Dark Tower, take it back on Tuesday and exchange it for something else.

It's terrible.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th February 2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 620684)
@Nos.

Don't open The Dark Tower, take it back on Tuesday and exchange it for something else.

It's terrible.

Too late. I opened it and gave the Ultraviolet code to my brother when we met up on Thursday night, so I'll either keep it or flog it. I'll post my thoughts when I have seen it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th February 2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 620685)
Too late. I opened it and gave the Ultraviolet code to my brother when we met up on Thursday night, so I'll either keep it or flog it. I'll post my thoughts when I have seen it.

You inflicted it on your bro too? You cruel man.

Despite the terrible reviews i bought it and thought i'd like it. I didn't.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th February 2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 620686)
You inflicted it on your bro too? You cruel man.

Despite the terrible reviews i bought it and thought i'd like it. I didn't.

I just gave him the paper slips with the codes from everything I bought as between us we have an extensive online film library!

If he doesn't like it, all he's wasted is time it's me who spent 6.99. :lol:

J Harker 16th February 2020 06:46 PM

As long as no attempt is made to connect it to the source material i quite like The Dark Tower.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th February 2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 620716)
As long as no attempt is made to connect it to the source material i quite like The Dark Tower.

With no knowledge of the source material, I'll watch it with an open mind. (Or as least with an open mind as possible.)