Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 5th May 2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 626195)
Happy Hell Night's okay. I have the US Anchor Bay dvd. It's not a top tier slasher (Don't worry, Hide and Go Shriek isn't even second tier) but there's a decent amount of blood and guts. You should enjoy it.

Only cost €5.99 so not a major loss if its crap :lol:

SymbioticFunction 5th May 2020 02:09 PM

Star Wars post.

German 4K UHDs of The Force Awakens and Rogue One came today. The menus on all the discs are in English and unlike the individual US releases, Germany is using proper 3 disc amarays with swing trays (discs are stacked on the US option).

Some weeks back I also ordered the Australian 4Ks of the original trilogy. Frustratingly, the day that JB Hifi posted them was the same day that Australia Post suspended all economy overseas airmail (due to coronavirus). If I'm lucky, I'll have them in hand before Christmas arrives. :)

I currently also own Solo, Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker on 4K UHD format. To be honest, I'm not in too much of a hurry to do the same for the prequel trilogy as the 1080p blu-rays look more than decent and whilst I can watch them, I'm certainly not their biggest fan. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 626194)
Last of Arrow sale stuff and i ordered Hide and Go shriek from Amazon but they sent this instead even the label inside the package said Hide and Go Shriek at least i didn't have it so its all the one.

I ordered The Exorcist III and after about a week they reimbursed me £10 and sent the package without it.

SymbioticFunction 5th May 2020 02:24 PM

Also bought the UK's Nightmare On Elm Street blu-ray set a few days back. I already own US blu-rays of the original and a 2/3 combo but I wanted to revisit films 4-7. I recall 4 being the best of those later films and #6 Freddy's Dead being the worst but it'll be interesting to take another look. I also already own a Freddy vs Jason blu-ray (which isn't in this collection). For completion purposes, it'll be nice to have all of these Robert Englund films. btw I don't own the NOES remake as I thought it was terrible. :)

iank 7th May 2020 01:27 AM

Blind buy arrival:

https://images4.static-bluray.com/mo...g?t=1587622794

gag 7th May 2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 626200)
Also bought the UK's Nightmare On Elm Street blu-ray set a few days back. I already own US blu-rays of the original and a 2/3 combo but I wanted to revisit films 4-7. I recall 4 being the best of those later films and #6 Freddy's Dead being the worst but it'll be interesting to take another look. I also already own a Freddy vs Jason blu-ray (which isn't in this collection). For completion purposes, it'll be nice to have all of these Robert Englund films. btw I don't own the NOES remake as I thought it was terrible. :)

It was awful, but not as bad as the remake of children of the corn.

iank 7th May 2020 08:39 AM

I didn't even know there was a remake of Children of the Corn. :scared::lol:

Rik 7th May 2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 626287)
I didn't even know there was a remake of Children of the Corn. :scared::lol:

It was a TV film from 2009 that was shown on SyFy

MrBarlow 7th May 2020 02:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Arrived today

Both a upgrade from DVD

Attachment 224273 Attachment 224272

SymbioticFunction 8th May 2020 12:03 AM

Ordered a couple of second hand UK dvds of two Japanese films by Ryuhei Kitamura (the Versus director). Azumi and Sky High - they were just £1.70 each including postage so I'm pleased with the price. Haven't seen these for well over ten years so they will be fun to revisit. :)