Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

MrBarlow 17th June 2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda (Post 671965)
Big fan of Perry Mason, here. I'm slowly going through the series now. Miami Vice could be fun, too. Damn, all these great series ae such a commitment in hours :D

Get a Security/CCTV control room job like me and watching stuff can help pass the time and fill in a lot of hours :lol:

Dave Boy 18th June 2022 01:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda (Post 671867)
Of the four, I've only ever watched Ivanhoe, which I already had in DVD, but this new remaster was so highly praised that I had to upgrade it. It's is one of my favourite filmes.

If only they'd release Knights of the Round Table in Blu-Ray, I'd be a happy man. Which I am, really, so let's go with happier...

Yeah, I agree. I'm an IVANHOE fan as well. I had no no idea about the Blu ray so thanks for that.

Today in another CEX I picked up STARGATE SG1 box sets seasons 5,6 and 8 and also the newer Tomb Raider movie which I had not seen in a long time and only once I think.
So, nearly there on the complete Stargate seasons, all from CEX at usually £3 a set so that's not bad. Only two more seasons to go and then start on STARGATE ATLANTIS. Now just got to find the time to watch them!

Attachment 240697 Attachment 240698 Attachment 240699 Attachment 240700

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th June 2022 01:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.

Bought the Fleetwood Mac t-shirt and litre of Beam this morning in Asda. They have several superb quality band t-shirts - including the Stones, Def Leppard and a Kiss one i would have bought had they anything larger than large in size.

Justin101 20th June 2022 09:45 AM

HMV has a BFI Flipside sale on, been looking to add Requiem for a Village into my collection for years and never got around to it.

https://i.ibb.co/c1Y8Xwc/DC1-CE85-F-...08410-E236.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 672065)
HMV has a BFI Flipside sale on, been looking to add Requiem for a Village into my collection for years and never got around to it.

https://i.ibb.co/c1Y8Xwc/DC1-CE85-F-...08410-E236.jpg

It's a strange, complex and dreamlike. I think conflict is a word you'll think of when you've seen it.

Don't watch it if you want something with a narrative that's straightforward.

Shonteff's Permissive is also good and Schalken the Painter is a weird spectral tale.

Justin101 20th June 2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672066)
It's a strange, complex and dreamlike. I think conflict is a word you'll think of when you've seen it.

Don't watch it if you want something with a narrative that's straightforward.

I've seen it before, remember years ago when you could rent DVDs through the post? Perhaps you don't, but I borrowed it when it came out. I remember it being odd, I also remember that scene with the villagers coming out the graves looked amazing.

Have you got Permissive Dem? I opened up the booklet and was surprised to find an essay about the film by Lee Dorrian! If I'd looked closer to the back cover it says so right there :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 672067)
I've seen it before, remember years ago when you could rent DVDs through the post? Perhaps you don't, but I borrowed it when it came out. I remember it being odd, I also remember that scene with the villagers coming out the graves looked amazing.

Have you got Permissive Dem? I opened up the booklet and was surprised to find an essay about the film by Lee Dorrian! If I'd looked closer to the back cover it says so right there :lol:

Yes, i have all three. That was the beauty of those Flipside releases. All dual format.

I bought loads of them in Fopp sales for £6. Well, i say loads, about thirty.

Reminds me. I must watch Lunch Hour. That's the only one i haven't seen yet that i bought and that's because i watched half of it on Talking Pictures a couple of years ago. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 10:04 AM

@Justin - There's a second shorter film by Gladwell on ...Village called An Untitled Film or something like that... Unnamed, Untitled, can't exactly remember but that's another odd little thing. Makes simple things like lighting a bonfire seem extremely dark and folk horror like.

Justin101 20th June 2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672070)
@Justin - There's a second shorter film by Gladwell on ...Village called An Untitled Film or something like that... Unnamed, Untitled, can't exactly remember but that's another odd little thing. Makes simple things like lighting a bonfire seem extremely dark and folk horror like.

'Untitled Film' I'll make sure to check it out, but when it's a bit darker so might have to wait a few months :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 672071)
'Untitled Film' I'll make sure to check it out, but when it's a bit darker so might have to wait a few months :)

I thought only i did stuff like that. :lol:

In that case today and tomorrow, longest day etc is definitely the wrong time. Wait until Wednesday the 22nd. Nights start drawing in then. :lol: