Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 15th February 2013 08:09 AM

Loved cabin the woods great film, but I found VHS awful and could not finish it and sold it next day

Metallicbomb 15th February 2013 11:14 AM

Received
Bedevilled
Frostbite
The Hunter
Tartan Video: Irrversible
Outrage
Zatoichi
Gonin
Boiling Point
Bodyguard Kiba
Bodyguard Kiba 2
MPD Psycho 3
Full Metal Yakuza
Fudoh
The Five Days
Phantom Of The Opera
Sleepless
Cry Wolf
Tales From The Crypt
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Splat 15th February 2013 11:39 AM

My package from PLOTDIGGER FILMS arrived:

TORCHED ~Char-broiled Edition~ Signed 506/666
LIVE FEED [unrated] Signed
HANGER ~XXX Unrated Colostomy Bag Edition~ 74/111
BLEADING LADY ~Unrated Dirctor's Cut~ Signed
FAMINE ~Uncut~ Signed 816/1000 This was a gift from Ryan to say sorry for the lateness of my order.

I didn't ask for signage so awesome : ) I ain't a collector but I still get excited about the small touches.

platostotal 15th February 2013 01:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Poundshop lunch, again.

Susan Foreman 15th February 2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 321610)
Possibly going back tomorrow to get 'Cabin in the Woods'

I DID it!!

Sainsburys:

'The Cabin in the Woods' - £7:00
'X-Men: First Class' - £3:00

HMV

'The Woman' - Blue Cross Sale - £6:00 (reduced down to £4:50)

Mojo 15th February 2013 03:06 PM

Piranha
Joe Dante's original is a really entertaining flick. The budget was low, but the enthusiasm put into making it ( including the sfx ) make it really fun to watch. Really nice print too.

Zombie Lake
Yes, it's not scary, the zombies look pretty crap and even at 86 minutes it feels padded out, but you can't help loving it anyway ( well I can't! ). Picture quality is superb, so you can really pick out the swimming pool filters and peeling zombie green paint in HD.

nekromantik 15th February 2013 03:30 PM

This week's arrivals

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/16/9esa5u2a.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th February 2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 321795)
This week's arrivals

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/16/9esa5u2a.jpg

Didn't take long for Terrorvision/The Video Dead to arrive!

nekromantik 15th February 2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 321796)
Didn't take long for Terrorvision/The Video Dead to arrive!

Yeah allyourmusic is pretty good!
My weekend criterion arrived today also from Amazon US.

SShaw 15th February 2013 04:49 PM

Picked up Urban Explorers for cheap from Play

tele1962 15th February 2013 05:35 PM

Just recieved The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. Only £2.99 from EBAY.

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953) Trailer - YouTube

bdc 15th February 2013 06:22 PM

Another classic added to the collection. :)

God of Gamblers - Remastered (1989) (Mei Ah)

http://dv1.us/p1/751/038751-d0.jpg

trebor8273 15th February 2013 08:14 PM

8 Attachment(s)
picked some stuff up from cex and that's entertainment today

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th February 2013 08:43 PM

Ordered Twilight Time's Christine & The Fury blu-rays. Took me half an hour after they went up for pre-order, as the site crashed (which seems to be normal when they first go up). Had to use my phone as it was the only way I could get on the site! I'll be eating beans on toast one week next month when they're released, as this madman went for the express shipping!

Refused 15th February 2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 321851)
Ordered Twilight Time's Christine & The Fury blu-rays. Took me half an hour after they went up for pre-order, as the site crashed (which seems to be normal when they first go up). Had to use my phone as it was the only way I could get on the site! I'll be eating beans on toast one week next month when they're released, as this madman went for the express shipping!

I splashed out and spent £8 on a DVD and felt bad enough. I don't dare buy any Twilight Time releases, the buyers remorse would be unbearable!

nekromantik 15th February 2013 09:08 PM

I also ordered Christine!!
Already feeling the remorse as I gotta add another £8 onto it for tracking as if normal mail gets lot SA wont replace.

dream demon 15th February 2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 320560)
Never mind I've put the disc in and it's just the film and no extras, it's the Anchor Bay 'Horror Classics' version but it is uncut, it's 99 mins and looks like NTSC. It was only £1.50 though and I just felt like watching it :D

You have to be careful with CEX - I've personally got home to find that they have put the wrong edition in the case ie. taken the case for the 'good' version to the till and they've stuck the bog standard budget barebones disc in instead. Could be worth taking it back to the store and pointing this out maybe?

Justin101 15th February 2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 321866)
You have to be careful with CEX - I've personally got home to find that they have put the wrong edition in the case ie. taken the case for the 'good' version to the till and they've stuck the bog standard budget barebones disc in instead. Could be worth taking it back to the store and pointing this out maybe?

It was the only copy they had in there, and since I wasn't bothered about the movie and it was only cheap I'm not that bothered. Thanks though.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th February 2013 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 321808)
Yeah allyourmusic is pretty good!
My weekend criterion arrived today also from Amazon US.

My Terrorvision/The Video Dead arrived this morning. Now THAT'S how you do a double feature cover! :D

Attachment 100535

demonknight 16th February 2013 11:22 AM

Waiting on some pre-orders,Terrorvision/The Video dead combo,The region B
release of From Beyond bluray and dvd,The Ray Harryhausen documentary
on bluray and dvd,and Dracula (1958) 3 disc bluray/dvd combo in March.
My Sony bluray player isn't multi region so i went for the Terrorvision/The Video dead combo for the dvd.Thank god for multi region dvd players.And on a slightly different note,it's nice to have The Walking dead season 3 back on
our screens.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th February 2013 01:35 PM

7 Attachment(s)
New arrivals this week.

Metallicbomb 16th February 2013 02:08 PM

Today I got
Going To Pieces (already had it in the last house 3 disc edition but got it for the artwork):crazy:
MPD Psycho
From Beyond The Grave
Ichi The Killer 3 Disc Edition (I already own the one disc and two disc editions
now I've bought the three disc edition and have my eye on the region 1
blood pack edition.) once again:crazy::pound::lol::laugh:

demonknight 16th February 2013 03:20 PM

I love that Going to Pieces documentary.
It's just brilliant.

Ken 16th February 2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 321845)
picked some stuff up from cex and that's entertainment today

How do you list your Collection mate, do you use an online program like DVD profiler or some method. Just curious as your collection is really starting to grow now. Well Done... :nod:

wongfeihung62 16th February 2013 05:06 PM

Just ordered this Criterion collection of Japanese fantasy/horror.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...psc455a044.jpg

Metallicbomb 16th February 2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 322061)
I love that Going to Pieces documentary.
It's just brilliant.

I haven't seen it but heard good things about it only negative thing
I've heard is it contains some spoilers (I've seen all the films already so doesn't matter):)

tele1962 16th February 2013 06:24 PM

The Valley Of The Gwangi arrived today. Just had a quick look and for a DVD the PQ really is very impressive.

The Valley of Gwangi TRAILER - YouTube

Delirium 16th February 2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShaw (Post 321580)

A good week with releases on Blu-ray of:

God Bless America

I presume that's a German release then, as it's been out on US Blu Ray for ages. I've got it.

If I recall, it's region A locked though.

SShaw 16th February 2013 09:30 PM

Yes, its the German release, part of the Cinema Controversy range. Comes in a book format with a nice essay (German only) and some wonderful stills.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th February 2013 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This week's Blu Ray arrivals....With HMV having feck all new on Blu,I relented and bought American Mary and Antiviral on dvd from ASDA.:rolleyes:

Backtothemovies 17th February 2013 10:26 AM

Fast and Furious 6

Fast and Furious 6 SNEAK PREVIEW - YouTube

Just waiting for this to come out, show at the cinema and then straight onto DVD/ Blu Ray !! I love the franchise but what does everyone else think?? is it going on too long? is it time to stop? what do you like / dislike about the film?

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th February 2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backtothemovies (Post 322239)

Just waiting for this to come out, show at the cinema and then straight onto DVD/ Blu Ray !! I love the franchise but what does everyone else think?? is it going on too long? is it time to stop? what do you like / dislike about the film?

I'm one of the minority who actually loved Tokyo Drift, and I'm hoping they can bring back Lucas Black for part 7 since it's seems entirely likely that it's taking place after that film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th February 2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backtothemovies (Post 322239)

I like the first one, which I have on BD, and have seen the others but I'm not really bothered about owning them. Tokyo Drift was different only because of the driving style and location but, with the sixth/seventh instalment, it now seems as if they're flogging a dead horse and it's more a case of The Torque and the Timid!

fuzzymctiger 17th February 2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 322244)
I like the first one, which I have on BD, and have seen the others but I'm not really bothered about owning them. Tokyo Drift was different only because of the driving style and location but, with the sixth/seventh instalment, it now seems as if they're flogging a dead horse and it's more a case of The Torque and the Timid!

These sorts of movies I just want fast cars, cool guns, and shit breaking.

So I think I'll like this installment.

Backtothemovies 17th February 2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 322243)
I'm one of the minority who actually loved Tokyo Drift, and I'm hoping they can bring back Lucas Black for part 7 since it's seems entirely likely that it's taking place after that film.

Yeah I don't mind with these kinda films, Tokyo Drift really stood out with the unique style of driving.. bit of dodgy acting here and there but the action and car scenes made up for it !

Backtothemovies 17th February 2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 322247)
These sorts of movies I just want fast cars, cool guns, and shit breaking.

So I think I'll like this installment.

I agree

sawyer6 17th February 2013 12:00 PM

I believe that enough is enough..

Invid Ninja 17th February 2013 12:24 PM

Apologies if anyone has already brought this to our attention: but it appears the Arrowdrome DVD of Dead End Drive In has been pushed back until the end of June according to Amazon. :(

Dead End Drive In [DVD] [1986]: Amazon.co.uk: Ned Manning, Natalie McCurry, Brian Trenchard-Smith: Film & TV

trebor8273 17th February 2013 12:28 PM

4 Attachment(s)
been to a market and picked these up. paid £20 so spent a little more than i wanted. also thinking of getting these adventures of buckaroo banzai,boys from brazil,canonball run,crash and burn, cyborg, dollman v demonic toys , halloween 3, high spirts, my science project, red dawn , steel dawn, toxic avenger, trancers 1 & 2, the creeps and hideous. most apart from delta force,beast from 20000 fathoms,hell night and flight of the navigator are blind buys.

Edit

Is any of this stuff any good or have I just bought a lot of crap?

Metallicbomb 17th February 2013 01:18 PM

Demonic Toys: are good if you like Full Moon films
The Toxic Films: are good if you like Troma films
Return Of The Living Dead III
Hell Night
Ghosthouse
Aenigma
Are all decent/good Horrors
Haven't seen the rest but I think you were over charged for Aenigma
because it,s the Hardgore Release which have all Been for sale in £Land.
:popcorn::pop2::popcorn::pop2::popcorn::pop2: