Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 11th February 2024 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Dark Half. Now OOP (I believe) 2 Disc version from Eureka. Mint condition from CEX. They had it kept behind the counter with other collectable stuff.
Was £22 but I had some bits to trade. Got it down to £14.70.Attachment 249973

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th February 2024 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 695783)
The Dark Half. Now OOP (I believe) 2 Disc version from Eureka. Mint condition, they had it kept behind the counter with other collectable stuff.
Was £22 in Cex but I had some bits to trade. Got it down to £14.70.Attachment 249973

Nice pick up, J.

I was actually looking for this myself a couple of days ago and discovered it was out of print. It's annoying, not what you'd call a fave of mine but one i certainly get the urge to watch every so often.

Oddly i've had it three times on dvd. Got rid of it the first two times i saw it as i was often a little underwhelmed but the fact i kept buying it again told me something.

J Harker 11th February 2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695784)
Nice pick up, J.

I was actually looking for this myself a couple of days ago and discovered it was out of print. It's annoying, not what you'd call a fave of mine but one i certainly get the urge to watch every so often.

Oddly i've had it three times on dvd. Got rid of it the first two times i saw it as i was often a little underwhelmed but the fact i kept buying it again told me something.

I haven't seen it for years. I wouldn't have paid £22 but with trading some things i couldn't say no to £14.70. If its not what I remember it can always go back.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 11th February 2024 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 695783)
The Dark Half. Now OOP (I believe) 2 Disc version from Eureka. Mint condition from CEX. They had it kept behind the counter with other collectable stuff.
Was £22 but I had some bits to trade. Got it down to £14.70.Attachment 249973

They do that in our local CEX - the problem is... they keep things so well hidden that the customer cannot see them properly and therefore do not know that they are in stock

The CEX in Orpington is bleedin' useless !!

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th February 2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 695785)
I haven't seen it for years. I wouldn't have paid £22 but with trading some things i couldn't say no to £14.70. If its not what I remember it can always go back.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

If you want rid of it anytime let me know. I'll see about a trade or something with you. :pop2:

J Harker 11th February 2024 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 695787)
If you want rid of it anytime let me know. I'll see about a trade or something with you. :pop2:

Will do. I still have the old MGM dvd. You're welcome to that Dem. Though its hardly difficult to get hold of.

Dave Boy 14th February 2024 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From CEX. Superb condition box and discs. £8. Excellent pick up.

Attachment 250019

Susan Foreman 14th February 2024 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 695923)
From CEX. Superb condition box and discs. £8. Excellent pick up.

Attachment 250019

Very nice, but remember this - Do Not Try To Imitate Him!

Dave Boy 14th February 2024 03:00 PM

S I G

SymbioticFunction 15th February 2024 12:40 AM

Sorry to be mainstream but a 10 pounds blu-ray copy of Disney's new Haunted Mansion arrived today (while I still had a free prime trial). Unlike the critics (I think only youtuber Chris Stuckmann gave it a positive review), I thought this was a very much fun supernatural family film. My wife and I had a good time when we first saw it.

Admitedly I am pretty obsessed with Ghostbusters, seeing a fisherman ghost also in this, can't help but remind you of the successful video game entry which used original GB cast voices. Probably not just a coincidence as this new Haunted Mansion film was written by the screenwriter of the Ghostbusters 2016 female entry.

Also I have to appreciate the casting of names like Rosario Dawson, Danny de Vito, Owen Wilson, Winona Ryder and more. In short, this film was quite good family fun and I'm glad to own a physical copy. Looking forward to us revisiting it.