Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 11th March 2024 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 696851)
Might give it a second viewing in a little while.

Like i said. The Possession of Hannah Grace is basically the same film but nowhere near as good.

I've just watched it. Thoroughly enjoyed it on my own in the dark without distractions.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th March 2024 10:21 PM

I remember liking The Autopsy of Jane Doe a lot, mostly due to the claustrophobic settng, story, and quality performances from Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch.

Susan Foreman 12th March 2024 06:58 PM

Had to go shopping this afty (TCP, bread, frozen red onions & a cucumber), so a walk into Orpington town was called for (just over 2 miles there, just over 2 miles back - round trip of 4.5 miles)

Got to town and found myself at CEX, which is a bit off-the-beaten track, so I had a quick look inside. I think that CEX is now incredible expensive. They *used* to have cheap bargains, but now it seems like they are pricing themselves out. (Even Chloe had mentioned that their prices have rocketed). Anyway... I had a quick look through their Blu-Ray section and the only thing that they had of any interest was the Powerhouse release of 'The Legacy', price marked at ?8

"That's interesting," I though. "If the Powerhouse version has now been deleted, it might be worth something in the future". So I decided to carry on and do my shopping, but to take enough money out of the hole-in-the-wall to get what I needed AND the disc on my way back

Shopping done, and I returned to CEX. Yes, it was still there so I picked it up. Then the heavens opened, and I thought I''m buggered if I'm going out in this, so I had a look around the rest of the stock in store. Nothing in the DVD section. Nothing in the children's section. Nothing in the television section. Nothing in the world film section. Nothing in the WWE section. Nothing in the music sec... wait a moment! What is that? *THAT* turned out to be the 3-disc version of Motorhead's 'The World Is Ours, Vol 2' (1xDVD, 2xCD) for ?8.

I checked how much money I had, and it came to ?14 and change. "Damn," I thought. "Have to use my card again" (which I don't like doing twice in one day)

Anyway, I took both 'The Legacy' and 'The World Is Ours' to the counter, and praise de lawd... CEX didn't let me down - it seems that 'The Legacy' has been reduced to ?6, and they hadn't bothered to change the price sticker !

As I was leaving the shop, I wondered to myself how many sales they have lost through items being reduced but still having the old stickers on them

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th March 2024 08:19 PM

Nice pick ups Susan. I have the Motorhead dvd. It's excellent even if there is a lot of track repetition.

Susan Foreman 12th March 2024 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 696871)
Nice pick ups Susan. I have the Motorhead dvd. It's excellent even if there is a lot of track repetition.

Maybe, but when the tracks are classic 'bangers like 'Iron Fist', 'Killed By Death', 'Ace Of Spades', 'Overkill', 'The Chase Is Better Than The Catch' and 'Going To Brazil'... I don't mind !

Justin101 12th March 2024 10:08 PM

CEX prices fluctuate almost daily, it's worth going in often even if it's the same stock because you might find it cheaper than the last time, and sometimes more expensive though :lol: Obviously it's over 4 miles walk there and back again I might think twice :lol:

Susan Foreman 12th March 2024 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 696876)
CEX prices fluctuate almost daily, it's worth going in often even if it's the same stock because you might find it cheaper than the last time, and sometimes more expensive though :lol: Obviously it's over 4 miles walk there and back again I might think twice :lol:

It's my daily exercise

Gets me out of the 'house' and gives me time to think

Justin101 14th March 2024 02:02 PM

Three from CEX including the limited edition The Great Silence, which I was annoyed about missing out on when it first came out, art cards and poster included. Annoyingly the slip cover of Gregory's Girl was torn underneath the price sticker, I wouldn't have bought it had I known, but I'll get over it, it was ?10 cheaper than the one they have in HMV. Might throw the slipcover away if it bothers me (sacrilege I know)

https://i.ibb.co/wQNMQXk/IMG-2981.jpg

Looks like someone has sold loads of their Eureka collection into the Liverpool shop.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th March 2024 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice pick ups Justin. I really enjoyed A Black Veil for Lisa.

I too have been to Cex today.I thought this was brilliant the first time i saw it.

Justin101 14th March 2024 03:06 PM

I saw that at the cinema but not since, I too really liked it, a good tense thriller/horror/sci-fi lol I dunno what haha