Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

InDogWeTrust 12th July 2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 164737)
This week's arrivals.......

Hey Reaper, I have that Evil Dead II limited edition tin too.
What number do you have?
I have 00691/50000.

Just won an ebay auction for the extremely hard to find DVD of Class Of 1999 with Malcolm McDowell and Pam Grier.
Won the auction at 99 cents with $5.00 postage.

kingofwitches666 12th July 2011 07:55 AM

Was such a happy man when this bad boy dropped through the letter box last Friday. My favourite car movie ever! In glorious HD! :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th July 2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 165206)
Their biopic JOHN ADAMS starring Paul Giamatti & Laura Linney was exceptional too!

And don't forget one of the greatest comedies ever made.... CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM! :D

I haven't seen John Adams, but it was extremely well received by critics and won numerous Emmys.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of my favourite comedy shows and I'm not sure how I missed it from that list, especially as I'd only just finished watching season six.

Baseball Fury 12th July 2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 165184)
It's not a BD, but I also picked up Hideo Nakata's Chaos, a film I haven't seen since I watched it at the cinema.

Was this my fault? haha.

I watched The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest last night, the last part in the Millennium trilogy. It was a good end to the series, a lot more about conspiracy and government cover-ups than the previous films, and from a tech stand point, a top notch transfer and some really sweeping parts to the score.

As for the Conan cuts, are people that bothered about forced horse trips?

Baseball Fury 12th July 2011 12:00 PM

Top 5 HBO shows

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Deadwood
4. Eastbound and Down
5. Band of Brothers

Honourable mentions for Curb and Flight of the Concordes.

The worst? In Treatment. It's just so boring!

pedromonkey 12th July 2011 12:04 PM

don't forget OZ, best prison show ever made...

Baseball Fury 12th July 2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 165329)
don't forget OZ, best prison show ever made...

I've never seen it! I want to, but I just haven't got around to it yet.

Same as Boardwalk Empire, I've only seen the first episode so I couldn't add it just yet!

Gojirosan 12th July 2011 12:25 PM

I really liked OZ and Deadwood (hate, hate, hate True Blood though!) but as with most telly, I only watched a couple of series then lost interest.

I find those kind of high concept US TV series are too much investment in time and attention. I haven't got the time.

I might just be the only person in the world who couldn't get into The Wire, incidentally. Clearly a superb show, but it didn't grab me. I gave up after about three shows. I keep thinking I'll try again some day.

Beyond72 12th July 2011 01:11 PM

Lone Wolf and Cub: White Heaven in Hell
Bad Lieutenant (Ferrara)
Creepozoids

(Might go back tomorrow and pick up a really dodgy box set just for THE UNSEEN with Barbara Bach.)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th July 2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 165328)
The worst? In Treatment. It's just so boring!

I like In Treatment, but it's just a shame season two hasn't been aired in the UK yet, never mind all the others which have been shown in the US.

I'm more than a little peeved that Virgin Media doesn't have Sky Atlantic as there look to be loads of shows on there which I want to see but can't watch. Things like Boardwalk Empire, Mildred Pierce, Blue Bloods, Mad Men and The Borgias and In Treatment would clog up my V+ box in no time!

Back on topic, I've just received the BDs of Das Boot and Blow Out.