Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   The Jammy Beggar Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13058-jammy-beggar-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd March 2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 647219)
Bought full set complete series love they neighbour all episode films etc.
They've sent it me twice, so its up for swaps if anyone fancies .

Better check you haven't paid for it twice seeing as there were all the issues with the website during sale time.

gag 3rd March 2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 647221)
Better check you haven't paid for it twice seeing as there were all the issues with the website during sale time.

Already done that and no signs anywhere showing I have.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd March 2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 647222)
Already done that and no signs anywhere showing I have.

Good on yer! :thumb:

If it was me i'd be thinking of it being a cool birthday or Christmas gift for someone. Save yourself some cash when the time comes.

Demoncrat 16th April 2021 08:37 PM

Was given a German digipack dvd of The Shining (UK version), so because I'm me I'm going to watch it in German :lol::rolleyes::pop2::nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th April 2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 650049)
Was given a German digipack dvd of The Shining (UK version), so because I'm me I'm going to watch it in German :lol::rolleyes::pop2::nod:

Ermorden... just doesn't flow the same as RED RUM does it?

Demoncrat 16th April 2021 10:48 PM

Depends on the dubbing. The Star Wars vhs I watched had some hilarious choices etc ....

Demoncrat 18th April 2021 03:58 PM

This is the news.

For years I have had in my possession a film called The Rollerblade Seven (1991, Donald G. Jackson) (on vhs), I was gifted this particular delight in despair it now seems :lol: as it is easily one of the most .... experimental ... films that I have ever witnessed :laugh: in that watching it made me feel like I was being tested in some way. Makes The Room look like Merchant Ivory IMHO :pound:
I think I reviewed it in a weaker moment a while back :lol:

I digress.

Years later I find out about a film that the erstwhile star of TR7 made his own film, Samurai Vampire Bikers From Hell :nod:. I looked in vain. :cry::cry::cry:

I now possess this film. Along with not one but two sequels to TR7.:jaw:

1 dvd, 2 vhs. As we can now allow folk into the house again up here, a friend who had come across yet another box he had forgotten about due to being stuck yet again in the house. I know I'm frothing, but this is just the tonic I needed. "Here min, ye want ony of these?" there were a few others I'll go on about when I've calmed down. :nod::rolleyes::laugh:

Susan Foreman 29th April 2021 09:17 AM

Just received a copy of the Arrow release of 'The Invisible Man Appears' / 'The Invisible Man Vs. The Human Fly' which I won in a competition

Now I just have to get a Blu-ray player!

Demoncrat 28th May 2021 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Acquired some late Xmas presents.

The last Count Arthur Strong live dvd "Is There Anybody Out There?"

Idles Ultra Mono cd. Which will at least give me a chance to listen to it ahem.

Duma Duma on vinyl!! Debut release from a Kenyan duo who don't mess around ahem. Isn't this a lovely image ahem?? ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th July 2021 05:23 PM

Went to my local butchers this afternoon, bought some chicken in plum sauce and 2lb's of stewing steak and he asked if i wanted some chili bbq ribs for free. Going off the weight of the tray he put them in must have been at least £15 if bought.

So that's been todays tea. Five large bbq ribs - delicious.

They were so big i saved one for later.