Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

Nordicdusk 25th April 2016 11:09 PM

Before we move on to this weeks top ten i would like to thank Mr Harker for last weeks great topic :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU

For anyone that didnt guess from the little ditty above this week its your

Top Ten Crime Films

This excludes Film Noir and Giallo.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:19 PM

Top Ten Crime Films!

:glitter:

This should be interesting...and tough!

J Harker 25th April 2016 11:22 PM

How about gangster films?

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487202)
How about gangster films?

Surprisingly you make a good point. I could make several lists and each top ten would be full of bona-fide classics.

Gangsters
British
American
Westerns
Serial killers - basically everything could be construed as a crime.

I'm presuming Nordy means films like Heat, The French Connection and so forth. We really don't need to stray into other genres...surely!

J Harker 25th April 2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487209)
Surprisingly you make a good point. I could make several lists and each top ten would be full of bona-fide classics.

Gangsters
British
American
Westerns
Serial killers - basically everything could be construed as a crime.

Not sure how to take that Dem, i just meant would Nord rather gangster flicks be reserved for their own future catagory. I've just been looking through my films now and if i include the likes of Goodfellas then I'm in business. If not then this may take some thinking. See to me also a crime film has to focus on the criminal(s), so even though say Dirty Harry indisputably has a lot of criminal shenanigans going on, the focus is on Harry, so it's a police film. I googled crime films and got lists including all sorts from Lethal Weapon to Silence of the Lambs.

Nordicdusk 25th April 2016 11:45 PM

Should we pick a crime sub genre to to keep it clear.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th April 2016 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487211)
Not sure how to take that Dem, i just meant would Nord rather gangster flicks be reserved for their own future catagory. I've just been looking through my films now and if i include the likes of Goodfellas then I'm in business. If not then this may take some thinking. See to me also a crime film has to focus on the criminal(s), so even though say Dirty Harry indisputably has a lot of criminal shenanigans going on, the focus is on Harry, so it's a police film. I googled crime films and got lists including all sorts from Lethal Weapon to Silence of the Lambs.

I did the same with Google and got the same stuff, that's why i said you made a good point.

Anything with a crime could be called a crime film

Anyway here's my top 10

1 - Dawn of the Dead - Breaking into a shopping mall
2 - Suspiria - Murder
3 - The Card Player - Crimes against film making....

:D

J Harker 25th April 2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 487212)
Should we pick a crime sub genre to to keep it clear.

Totally up to you Sergeant Nordy Sir.
I'm not trying to pick holes, please don't think that. I'm happy with crime films. And serial killer films seem obviously their own thing, as do murder mysteries and such. Was only gangster films i was wondering about.

J Harker 25th April 2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487213)
I did the same with Google and got the same stuff, that's why i said you made a good point.

Anyway here's my top 10

2 - Suspiria - Murder

But why 'surprisingly'??[emoji38]

Nordicdusk 25th April 2016 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487213)

Anyway here's my top 10

2 - Suspiria - Murder

You forgot cannibal holocaust it appeared in almost every other list there for a time so why not :lol: