Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

keirarts 25th October 2016 09:24 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Attachment 183862 Attachment 183863

Attachment 183864 Attachment 183865

Attachment 183866 Attachment 183867

Attachment 183868 Attachment 183869

Attachment 183870 Attachment 183871

iank 25th October 2016 09:36 AM

I can only think of eight at present:

Halloween
Halloween II
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween IV: The Return of Michael Myers
Halloween H20
Donnie Darko
Trick R Treat
Halloween V: The Revenge of Michael Myers (if you insist ;))

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 09:38 AM

I don't know if that's intentional, kierarts, but interesting to see you chose John Carpenter's Halloween, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, and Rob Zombie's Halloween II.

My list will be a mix of genres because it will definitely include Arsenic and Old Lace, Donnie Darko, The Nightmare before Christmas, and To Kill a Mockingbird along with horror films such as Halloween, Ginger Snaps, Trick 'R Treat, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, and The Exorcist. I am even tempted to include Monster House, Mean Girls, The Guest, Ed Wood and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, so it's quite a tough topic.

I know not all of these take place entirely around Halloween, but they either culminate on Halloween or have important scenes at the end of October so, as far as I'm concerned, they qualify for my list.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 09:40 AM

Is The Exorcist set at Halloween, Nos? I never knew that or at least it never registered with me.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509327)
Is The Exorcist set at Halloween, Nos? I never knew that or at least it never registered with me.

It is set over a number of months, but begins around Halloween because the first time Chris McNeil walks home from the set (and the first time you hear the Tubular Bells lullaby), she passes some children out trick-or-treating and returns home to Regan who takes some Halloween candy from a pumpkin shaped jar.

it's really the only 'holiday' featured in the film because events mean things like Christmas and New Year aren't really a priority!

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 509329)
It is set over a number of months, but begins around Halloween because the first time Chris McNeil walks home from the set (and the first time you hear the Tubular Bells lullaby), she passes some children out trick-or-treating and returns home to Regan who takes some Halloween candy from a pumpkin shaped jar.

it's really the only 'holiday' featured in the film because events mean things like Christmas and New Year aren't really a priority!

I won't include it then as it's not really set at Halloween. There are enough films set solely in October to not bother with The Exorcist.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 10:10 AM

I think I'm going to wait to post my list until after I've seen Tales of Halloween. :pumpkin:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509330)
I won't include it then as it's not really set at Halloween. There are enough films set solely in October to not bother with The Exorcist.

I generally look for any tenuous link to include it in any list, but probably won't do so this time because there are so many other contenders which have stronger ties to All Hallows' Eve.

J Harker 25th October 2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509330)

I won't include it because it's not very good.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 509336)
I won't include it because it's not very good.

:skull: