Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th September 2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 588268)
Poliziotteschi films cover the broad spectrum of Italian crime films from the the late 1960s-late 1970s - that’s certainly my criteria for selection - cops are absent or marginalised in a couple of my picks.

It's probably because when I think of a poliziotteschi I have a certain look/formula/criteria in mind and expect a policeman to be a bit more prominent than is the case in Rabid Dogs. It doesn't mean it's not one, but not a film that would be the first which comes to mind if I was asked to name one.

Looking at your list makes me realise how many I haven't seen!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th September 2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook (Post 588297)
I love Delon! I love Belmondo too but none of his films count as I can't think of one of his cop flicks that could be shoe-horned into the Italian cycle.

Have you seen Peur sur la ville, Demdike? It's brilliant.

I haven't. It sounds fantastic. I've just ordered a dvd from France. Thanks for the recommendation. :thankingyou:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th September 2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 588310)
I haven't. It sounds fantastic. I've just ordered a dvd from France. Thanks for the recommendation. :thankingyou:

I've just bought the French DVD from an eBay seller. Thank you from me as well! :thankingyou:

keirarts 19th September 2018 05:29 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Poliziotteschi

Some of these are crime films not cop films.. But its what I can remember off the top of my head! :lol: (no-the-case-is-happily-resolved-no-il-caso-felicemente-risolto.21913.JPG (24.7 KB) is "what have they done to your daughters") and I stand by Investigation of a citizen above suspicion.

Attachment 209123 Attachment 209124

Attachment 209125 Attachment 209126

Attachment 209127 Attachment 209128

Attachment 209129 Attachment 209130

Attachment 209131 Attachment 209132

Paul@TheOverlook 19th September 2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 588310)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 588333)
I've just bought the French DVD from an eBay seller. Thank you from me as well! :thankingyou:

You're welcome - it's such a great film!

Paul@TheOverlook 19th September 2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 588352)
Poliziotteschi

Some of these are crime films not cop films.. But its what I can remember off the top of my head! :lol: (no-the-case-is-happily-resolved-no-il-caso-felicemente-risolto.21913.JPG (24.7 KB) is "what have they done to your daughters") and I stand by Investigation of a citizen above suspicion.

Citizen is an absolute, all-time favourite of mine but I didn't include it because I think of it as a serious, political thriller but it would definitely fit the mould.

I have an original quad poster framed.

Demoncrat 23rd September 2018 08:26 PM

Likes all round!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th September 2018 08:00 PM

POLIZIOTTESCHI FILMS
  1. Almost Human
  2. Violent Naples
  3. Rome Armed to the Teeth
  4. The Cynic, the Rat & the Fist
  5. Beast with a Gun
  6. Live like a Cop, Die like a Man
  7. Calibre 9
  8. Syndicate Sadists
  9. Violent City
  10. Gang War in Milan

Demoncrat 24th September 2018 08:24 PM

Liked!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th September 2018 10:26 AM

Thanks to everyone who contributed a list of their favourite poliziotteschi films. There are plenty which I haven't seen and now want to, as well as revisiting the films which made my own top 10.

For this week's topic, I was inspired by a conversation with Demdike following my viewing of Ronin and thought it would be good to look at the best car chases in film history. You don't have to confine yourself to 4 wheeled vehicles as you may wish to include the motorcycle-truck sequence from Terminator 2: Judgement Day or the vastly modified vehicles from some of the Mad Max films, so the term is a shorthand way of referring to all road vehicles, whether they are terrifying people on roads or creating carnage in the desert.

It will be easier for people to know exactly what you're referring to if you could give an explanation of the specific sequence in the film rather than just the film title. Additionally, adding an image or YouTube video, and maybe a few words about what makes it so special and memorable for you could make the lists more personal and interesting to read.