Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Top Ten Tuesdays (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13212-top-ten-tuesdays.html)

keirarts 2nd March 2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 479987)
As someone who loves the comics of this and has read them several times, I still haven't seen the movie!!

Its literally the first half of the book. Surprisingly well realised for a low budgeter.

Susan Foreman 2nd March 2016 07:59 PM

Infection films? This idea could be catching!

Right, lets see how far I can get with this one

1: Demons - I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this Bava/Argento film. Extreme gore + violence + heavy metal soundtrack = classic movie
2: Slither - An updating of 'Shivers', with parasitic worms infecting a small American town. Great movie that mixes laughs and chills
3: REC 3 - The best of the series as far as I am concerned
4: The Stuff - Infection by yogurt!
5: SARS Wars - Thai film, completely different to Star Wars!
6: Children Of Men - Finally, an intelligent film in one of my lists!
7: Shivers - See #3. Parasitic worms as a metaphor for VD
8: Cabin Fever - Don't drink the water!
9: The Stand - Stephen King adaptation set in a post plague environment. The band Anthrax wrote the song 'Spreading The Disease' about the original book
10: Doctor Who: The Ark In Space - Terrifying use of bubble-wrap! The body as a host for an alien parasite

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd March 2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 480066)
9: The Stand - Stephen King adaptation set in a post plague environment. The band Anthrax wrote the song 'Spreading The Disease' about the original book

Think you'll find the song is called Among the Living from the album of the same name. ;)

There isn't a song titled Spreading the Disease. It's the title of their second album.

Susan Foreman 2nd March 2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 480070)
Think you'll find the song is called Among the Living from the album of the same name. ;)

There isn't a song titled Spreading the Disease. It's the title of their second album.

You are right

The opening line is:

"Disease, disease
Spreading the disease
With some help from Captain Trips
He'll bring the world down to his knees"

Nordicdusk 6th March 2016 12:26 PM

10 Attachment(s)
1-10

Attachment 176479 Attachment 176480 Attachment 176481 Attachment 176482 Attachment 176483 Attachment 176484 Attachment 176485 Attachment 176486 Attachment 176487 Attachment 176488

Prince_Vajda 6th March 2016 07:32 PM

iank 6th March 2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Right, lets see how far I can get with this one

1: Demons - I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this Bava/Argento film. Extreme gore + violence + heavy metal soundtrack = classic movie
2: Slither - An updating of 'Shivers', with parasitic worms infecting a small American town. Great movie that mixes laughs and chills
3: REC 3 - The best of the series as far as I am concerned
4: The Stuff - Infection by yogurt!
5: SARS Wars - Thai film, completely different to Star Wars!
6: Children Of Men - Finally, an intelligent film in one of my lists!
7: Shivers - See #3. Parasitic worms as a metaphor for VD
8: Cabin Fever - Don't drink the water!
10: Doctor Who: The Ark In Space - Terrifying use of bubble-wrap! The body as a host for an alien parasite

If we're going to include Who, what about Seeds of Doom? Keeler's transformation is nightmare-inducing. The bit where he's tied down to the bed transforming and in agony, and Chase has him offered raw meat and he gets this hungry look in his eyes...

Mummy!

;)

Gold6082 7th March 2016 06:17 AM

Later than Usual this week (sorry) some may not count as straight forward "infection" but hey!

As always in no specific order

The Children (1980) (it's one of my all time fav "bad" movies just search the forum LOL) and Frankie got away with it so :lol:

Demons (1985)

28 Weeks Later

Rabid

I Drink your Blood

The Crazies (2010)

The Curse (1987)

Masque of The Red Death

Warning Sign (1985)

Shivers

Susan Foreman 7th March 2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 480558)
If we're going to include Who, what about Seeds of Doom? Keeler's transformation is nightmare-inducing. The bit where he's tied down to the bed transforming and in agony, and Chase has him offered raw meat and he gets this hungry look in his eyes...

Mummy!

;)

'The Seeds Of Doom' is indeed a great one, BUT the first episode of 'The Ark In Space' scared me so much that my mum banned me from watching the rest of the story!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th March 2016 05:32 PM

1. Shivers (1975)
2. I Drink Your Blood (1970)
3. Demons (1985)
4. The Last Man on Earth (1964)
5. The Grapes of Death (1978)
6. Rabid (1977)
7. REC (2007)
8. Splinter (2008)
9. Ebola Syndrome (1996)
10. The Stand (1994)