Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Walt Disney buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13693-walt-disney-buys-murdochs-fox-%2452-4bn.html)

trebor8273 19th December 2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks (Post 560734)
Yeah, and so many predicted rightly how Star Wars would turn out in Disney's hands...

Even though I personally prefer Revenge of the Sith to The Force Awakens, it was still pretty good fun, and Disney's Star Wars films have been better received than the prequels on the whole. I can see Disney doing a better job with the Alien series than Ridley Scott has with his middling prequels, who has morphed into the new Lucas - the creator of a franchise coming back to ruin it.

i must be getting old who the hell are they?

Cinematic Shocks 19th December 2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560732)
They aren't different as they are Star Wars and Alien films of which we've had many.

I meant different as in different.

It should've been obvious that I meant Disney doing something different with the Alien franchise, as opposed to just resurrecting Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5.

trebor8273 19th December 2017 01:58 PM

i have images of die hard being remade but instead of Alan Rickman we have a predator!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks (Post 560743)
It should've been obvious that I meant Disney doing something different with the Alien franchise, as opposed to just resurrecting Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5.

It was, but it still begs the question when have Disney ever done anything different?

Even the head honcho's quote is about franchises.

I just think it's depressing Disney owning so much.

Rik 19th December 2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 560744)
i have images of die hard being remade but instead of Alan Rickman we have a predator!

Plenty of predators in Hollywood at the minute :nod:

trebor8273 19th December 2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560745)
It was, but it still begs the question when have Disney ever done anything different?

Even the head honcho's quote is about franchises.

I just think it's depressing Disney owning so much.

i agree they should really try to make something new/original as well as just churning out marvel and star wars but as they are a business and those films are making money at the moment they will keep making until interest is lost and it will at some point and thats when/why they need there own original movies

hivemind 19th December 2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560731)
The Oh Dear God comment was for the multitude of franchise films we'll be getting.

In a few years the box office will be

Avengers 11
X-Men 9
Star Wars 67 (Try and get 17 films out per year)
Alien 12
The Dark Knight Returns Again and Again and Again

Not forgetting Predator vs. Kylo Ren. Apparently the project has already been given the green light, Disney style.

iank 19th December 2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks (Post 560721)
EDIT: And I can see them doing something better than Ridley Scott's Alien prequels.

That wouldn't exactly be difficult...

Justin101 19th December 2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 560742)
i must be getting old who the hell are they?

:lol:

Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Zac Efron, they're pretty old pictures as well, none of them actually look like that any more :sleighride:

SilverSurfer 20th December 2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 560731)
In a few years the box office will be

How did you know that?