Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1971-upcoming-non-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th May 2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 242412)
I haven't seen any of these, so they are definite purchases – the more Rollin films on BD, the better.

The Reincarnation of Isabel (Black Magic Rites) and Two Orphan Vampires are okay, but Living Dead Girl is top teir Rollin and a fantastic film. An essential upgrade purchase, for me. :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th May 2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 242414)
The Reincarnation of Isabel (Black Magic Rites) and Two Orphan Vampires are okay, but Living Dead Girl is top teir Rollin and a fantastic film. An essential upgrade purchase, for me. :nod:

Oh, I've seen Black Magic Rites and thought it was really good. I much prefer the title The Reincarnation of Isabel so I'm looking forward to that one.

Pete 16th May 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 242412)
I haven't seen any of these, so they are definite purchases – the more Rollin films on BD, the better.

REINCARNATION OF ISABEL is ok and I didn't like like LIVING DEAD GIRL. Only seen it once though so I'll give it another chance.

Haven't seen TWO ORPHAN VAMPIRES.

keirarts 16th May 2012 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 64550

Amazon.com: Boogens [Blu-ray]: Rebecca Balding, Fred McCarren, Anne-Marie Martin, Jeff Harlan, John Crawford, Med Flory, James L. Conway, David O'Malley: Movies & TV

This one immediately made my must buy list. I've seen the quality of the HD print that was either broadcast or put on us lovefilm and barring any cock-ups its going to look astonishing. Apparently will also feature a commentary track as well.

keirarts 16th May 2012 01:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 64551

Attachment 64552

these two look promising as well.

Gojirosan 16th May 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 242490)
Attachment 64551

Attachment 64552

these two look promising as well.

Been waiting for a BD of Johnny Guitar since I got my first player! I hope they have done justice to the beautiful Trucolor system. It seems to have foxed most DVD transfers so far.

Essential purchase for me!

keirarts 16th May 2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 242492)
Been waiting for a BD of Johnny Guitar since I got my first player! I hope they have done justice to the beautiful Trucolor system. It seems to have foxed most DVD transfers so far.

agreed. But the Boogens is a film i've wanted for years. Its just not been made available so i've had to watch it online.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th May 2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 242492)

I only know of Johnny Guitar because Pedro Almodóvar used it in Matador as a really intelligent piece of mise en abîme, so I know how it ends but nothing else really!

This should be my perfect opportunity to remedy the situation.

Gojirosan 16th May 2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 242538)
I only know of Johnny Guitar because Pedro Almodóvar used it in Matador as a really intelligent piece of mise en abîme, so I know how it ends but nothing else really!

This should be my perfect opportunity to remedy the situation.

It's a superb film and was a massive influence upon my favourite film Once Upon A Time In The West.

I got so excited about the Blu-ray release I rang my mum to tell her! :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th May 2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 242539)
It's a superb film and was a massive influence upon my favourite film Once Upon A Time In The West.

I got so excited about the Blu-ray release I rang my mum to tell her! :lol:

Was she similarly enthusiastic about the news?