Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 7th October 2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 187991)
I agree with you about SUCKER PUNCH - it was shit
and the Daily Mail said something along the lines of the film being disgusting or something!
no surprise from them then

sounds about right....anything to fill up their tawdry shitrag:lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 07:10 PM

I've had an afternoon and evening of eclectic viewing, from the 1941 comedy/musical Hellzapoppin’ to Abel Ferrara's tense vampire film The Addiction and Erik the Viking, Terry Jones' decent, but not great, adventure comedy and I've just started watching the US BD of Carrie.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 188131)
I've had an afternoon and evening of eclectic viewing, from the 1941 comedy/musical Hellzapoppin’ to Abel Ferrara's tense vampire film The Addiction and Erik the Viking, Terry Jones' decent, but not great, adventure comedy and I've just started watching the US BD of Carrie.

What did you think of The Addiction, Nos?

I named it as my Favourite Horror Film of 1995 (albeit in lieu of heavy competition!), but I thought it was a really well-made and gripping film.

Pete 7th October 2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 188135)

I named it as my Favourite Horror Film of 1995 (albeit in lieu of heavy competition!), but I thought it was a really well-made and gripping film.

It is a well made film but my goodness is the dialogue pretentious!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 188135)

I thought the performances are exceptional, Ferrara's direction and the monochrome photography were really good, but it was a little overwritten and perhaps a little too talky. Overall though, I thought it was really good and it's a shame the R2 disc (at least the one Lovefilm sent) didn't have more extra features.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th October 2011 07:37 PM

Looking at that thread, it would probably be my second favourite horror from 1995 behind Se7en.

pedromonkey 7th October 2011 07:39 PM

was looking for something to watch last night so decided on rewatching NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, my god this film is so good, Tom Atkins totally steals the film and the make up FX are great too. man i miss Fred Dekker's movies, may watch monster squad tonight....

Rik 7th October 2011 08:57 PM

Continuing on from yesterdays vampire double bill of Nosferatu and Scars of Dracula, tonight I've just finished watching Vampyres and I'm currently watching Near Dark. :popcorn:

Rik 7th October 2011 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Final film of the night before I bugger off up to bed and try get some sleep before I get woken up by my drunk missus in a few hours
Attachment 23751

And what a film to end the night!:woot:

pedromonkey 7th October 2011 10:49 PM

great choice Rik, just hope that one day someone will release a balls to the wall special edition....