Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

James Morton 7th May 2012 02:22 PM

THE X-FILES
never really saw the series
seen the film before and its a very good sci fi thriller

Demoncrat 7th May 2012 03:23 PM

Asian double bill, Men Behind The Sun and Red To Kill

Both had repellent imagery. TF Mous' rather notorious film about Unit 731 still has the power to shock (as a cat lover i'm biased though :laugh:) and RTK is Cat III incarnate as far as i'm concerned, recommended to any asian fan.

James Morton 7th May 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 239718)

Both had repellent imagery. TF Mous' rather notorious film about Unit 731 still has the power to shock (as a cat lover i'm biased though :laugh:) and RTK is Cat III incarnate as far as i'm concerned, recommended to any asian fan.

RTK is very good film
can't find a dvd of MBTS though.....

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th May 2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 239577)
the dark night :rockon:
touch of evil :sleep:

If its the Batman film The Dark Knight you mean i would switch the emoticons around.

The Dark Knight :sleep:

Touch of Evil :rockon:

Hawkmonger 7th May 2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 239725)
If its the Batman film The Dark Knight you mean i would switch the emoticons around.

The Dark Knight :sleep:

Touch of Evil :rockon:

What's wrong with The Dark Knight? :coolblue:

keirarts 7th May 2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 239789)
What's wrong with The Dark Knight? :coolblue:

Am I allowed to say I enjoy both? :pray:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th May 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 239793)
Am I allowed to say I enjoy both? :pray:

Certainly. I do as they are both great films which can be watched repeatedly.

Come to think of it, it's been ages since I saw The Dark Knight, something which must be remedied.

Frankie Teardrop 7th May 2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 239718)

Red To Kill = Quintessence of HK sleaze, for sure.

PaulD 7th May 2012 10:16 PM

The Avengers - 2 and a half hours of sheer wonderful Hollywood blockbuster goodness. Funny, highly enjoyable, incredibly well-directed by Joss Whedon (the long action shot which panned along to show all of the heroes engaging in battle near the end was spectacular!) and did well not to have any of the characters over-shadowed. The Hulk was hilarious and works so much better as a 'weapon' rather than a character in his own film and the interplay between all the main characters was excellently done. As soon as it finished I thought "I really want to see this again on the big screen"

Gojirosan 7th May 2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 239885)
The Avengers - 2 and a half hours of sheer wonderful Hollywood blockbuster goodness. Funny, highly enjoyable, incredibly well-directed by Joss Whedon (the long action shot which panned along to show all of the heroes engaging in battle near the end was spectacular!) and did well not to have any of the characters over-shadowed. The Hulk was hilarious and works so much better as a 'weapon' rather than a character in his own film and the interplay between all the main characters was excellently done. As soon as it finished I thought "I really want to see this again on the big screen"

With every additional similar review I read like this I feel a bit more broken and old.