Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 240726)
watched Sherlock Holmes last night, loved it :)

The first one or the sequel?

keirarts 10th May 2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 240725)
I too have both copies, didn't know the commentaries were different.

Yeah, the network disc has kim newman, stephen jones and ingrid pitt. The mgm edition has ingrid with peter saddy and sreenwriter jeremy paul. i'm betting the kim newman one is more fun but the mgm one will be worth a listen too!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 240733)
Yeah, the network disc has kim newman, stephen jones and ingrid pitt. The mgm edition has ingrid with peter saddy and sreenwriter jeremy paul. i'm betting the kim newman one is more fun but the mgm one will be worth a listen too!

Like you i'm not a big fan of Countess Dracula, i think its dull most of the time, so have never bothered with any of the chat tracks. I will give the Kim Newman one a listen soon though.

Cheers for the info.

I take it you don't rate Peter Sasdy much Keirarts.

Scyther 10th May 2012 06:26 PM

Amok Train last night, followed by about half of The Dead Are Alive! Really enjoyed the former....fell asleep during the latter (it was getting late! :) )

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scyther (Post 240737)
Amok Train last night, followed by about half of The Dead Are Alive! Really enjoyed the former....fell asleep during the latter (it was getting late! :) )

Did you rate Amok Train?

I saw it myself for the first time at the weekend. Really enjoyed it, seemed like three films in one.

I put some stills on the Film Stills Thread yesterday if your interested.

Kyle 10th May 2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 240728)
The first one or the sequel?

1st one, never really appealed to me before but a mate convinced me to give it a try, glad i did now

my gf is going away for the weekend so going have some films sessions after work and when i get the kids in bed :woot:

got all these in my watch pile

black past
blood and black lace
chinatown
death laid an egg
laid to rest
mutants
outpost-black sun
premutos
Roma a mano armata
spasmo
the burning moon
your vice is a locked room
4 flies on grey velvet
dont torture a duckling
naked violence
so sweet sso perverse
violent naples
suspiria
monsters
book of eli
insidious

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2012 06:31 PM

Violent Naples is a top film Kyle. :nod:

Hope you enjoy it.

keirarts 10th May 2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 240735)
Like you i'm not a big fan of Countess Dracula, i think its dull most of the time, so have never bothered with any of the chat tracks. I will give the Kim Newman one a listen soon though.

Cheers for the info.

I dont mind him, but commentary tracks can run out of steam if the people giving the commentary track are a little 'dry' for want of a better word. The worse offender is the academic who gives commentaries for the bfi on their kurosawa discs. Guarenteed to send me to sleep. Into the countess dracula mgm one as we speak and honestly its not as bad as I feared!

keirarts 10th May 2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 240735)

ahh :doh:

me and my dyslexia again!

antmumford 10th May 2012 08:17 PM

Just watching Blues Brothers on Blu, glad to see Universal do a stellar looking transfer to one of my all time favourite films