Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

keirarts 12th December 2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 301318)
I haven't seen it in years and I remember it being one of the most boring films I'd ever seen.

I've just finished watching The A Team. I absolutely loved this show as a kid, as did probably every boy growing up in the 80's, so when I heard they were making a film of it, I was excited to say the least. After 2 years of hearing bad things about it, I finally watched it and didn't think it was half as bad as people made out, yeah it's not great, but it was never going to be if you were/are a big fan of the show.
As the end credits were rolling out I thought to myself "I recognise that guitar playing, sounds like Tom Morello", quick check on IMDb and, yeah I was right it was him, guess I really am a proper guitar geek :lol::blush:

The A-team film was actually pretty damnned good. The main reason being it was written/directed by Joe Carnaghan the same fella behind Smoking aces The grey and Narc. A talented bloke imo.

Rik 12th December 2012 10:49 PM

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I wasn't blown away by it, doesn't help when there's an advert every 20 minutes or so, maybe I need to see it in HD to fully appreciate it, it's usually pretty cheap in CEX

wonderlust 12th December 2012 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 93629

9/10......just amazing!

Criterion7 12th December 2012 11:45 PM

Just watched Escape 2000 aka Turkey Shoot. GF got me the dvd for Christmas and gave it to me early. Wonderful dvd put together by Anchor Bay. Featurettes were incredible.

Make Them Die Slowly 13th December 2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 301229)
Predators (C4 screening)

Actually...not bad. Unlike Predator 2 with it's half-baked mythologizing, this 2010 film strips it all back to the first film with one crucial twist - this time the jungle terrain the protagonists find themselves in is on some far flung safari planet. And that's about it really in terms of surprises, as mankind squares off again alien. What I liked about this film was its lack of pretension - even one intruiging idea, that the film is taking place in some sort of karmic Hell (the humans are all killers of some sort) is quickly disposed of to concentrate on the action. Considering the film takes place in nothing so exotic than your average movie studio jungle, and the film's refreshingly scant amount of CGI, one wonders what the producers blew their 40million budget on. Even Adrian Brody, no stranger to the odd clunker equips himself rather well here playing a gravelly-voiced hard-ass... Yeah, I liked it.

http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/MOV_ee150d22_b.jpg

Part 2 is actually my favourite of the series...there is something so naff about Dan Glover being able to best the Predators that it just makes me smile.

Hawkmonger 13th December 2012 07:49 AM

Predator > Predators > Predator 2 > AvP > AvPR

Wes 13th December 2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 301357)
Part 2 is actually my favourite of the series...there is something so naff about Dan Glover being able to best the Predators that it just makes me smile.

Yep... it's a bizarre bit of casting alrite. I like the second film a lot actually, there's a great strobing sequence in a subway if I remember it rightly... Speaking of Glover, his turn in Shooter totally took me out of that movie - I probably wouldn't have lasted the distance anyway but I had to turn it off due to excessive lisping...

Vampix 13th December 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderlust (Post 301336)
Attachment 93629

9/10......just amazing!

I watched Twisted Nerve on YouTube and thought it was excellent.Hywell Bennett plays the creepy Martin/Georgie brilliantly.Billie Whitelaw is quite the milf too! :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th December 2012 12:36 PM

I am astounded by the seemingly overwhelming love for Predators :eek:

I thought it was shit. Adrien Brody can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th December 2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 301414)
I am astounded by the seemingly overwhelming love for Predators :eek:

I thought it was shit. Adrien Brody can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Paper bags are quite sturdy things once you are inside them. Especially the brown ones. :nod: