Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

SCM 26th August 2013 09:59 AM

Watched Evil Dead on Saturday, still one of my personal faves of horror. Bruce Campbell was just a good laugh being a magnet for shelves

Demoncrat 26th August 2013 11:45 AM

Absurd (Joe D'amato, 1981). For all it's faults, I still love this film. Mainly because of the score....

Absurd(Rosso Sangue)(Horrible)(1981)Soundtrack - Part 3 - YouTube

Dave Boy 26th August 2013 05:00 PM

Dario Argento's Dracula

Struggled to get through this. I thought it was rubbish and had to keep from fast fwd the film. Even the music score by Claudio Simonetti was a disappointment for me with an electronic effect that sounded that it should have been in an episode of Scooby Doo.

Bah! Dario, what happened to you man ? :doh:

Wes 26th August 2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 361274)
Dario Argento's Dracula

Struggled to get through this. I thought it was rubbish and had to keep from fast fwd the film. Even the music score by Claudio Simonetti was a disappointment for me with an electronic effect that sounded that it should have been in an episode of Scooby Doo.

Damn, if a movie looks like a duck, sounds like a duck then it's probably Argento's Dracula. I'm gonna give this a wide berth I think, after this is from the man who gave us Deep Red and it's all too depressing to dwell on it. If The Ward was a continuation of John Carpenter's downward trajectory, at least it was a respectable effort. This one sounds pretty unforgivable...

dis 26th August 2013 05:58 PM

evil dead,the remake!
very dissapointing in my opinion.
was expecting a lot more,maybe as my folks said how good it was?
still,glad ive seen it,just waiting for no.4,if it happends?

SShaw 26th August 2013 07:16 PM

A long day today

Revenge for Jolly unlikeable main protagonist goes on a killing spree to avenge his dead dog.

House of last things really poor haunted house movie

Drug Wars effective police thriller from Johnny To

Haunters great haunted house cum groundhog day film

Welcome to the Jungle JCVD leads a team booster survival camp in this charming comedy

Human Race is the midnight movie.

troggi 26th August 2013 07:26 PM

"Wrath of the Titans" It must be all these crap "Haircurlers" movies I'm watchin' but I even seem t' be wearin' sandals all t' time!

8/10 for confused CGI tomfoolery!

keirarts 26th August 2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 361274)
Dario Argento's Dracula

Fully agree. Argentos dracula is a steaming turd of a movie. Utter rubbish.

Currently an hour into BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW. Really dont know what to make of it. Feels like the sci-fi cousin of AMER.

Wes 26th August 2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 361330)
Currently an hour into BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW. Really dont know what to make of it. Feels like the sci-fi cousin of AMER.

Damn good title regardless...

Make Them Die Slowly 26th August 2013 07:43 PM

THE TALL MAN. Very effective thriller tapping into the fears of poverty and child abuse. It has a great twist half way through and a semi ambiguous ending that keeps popping into my mind, which is no bad thing. Recommended.

DEAD MARY. This wants to be THE BIG CHILL but settles for a semi EVIL DEAD rip off instead. Odd but not in a good way.

SLC PUNK. Maybe it's my mood today or just the feeling in the air but this light hearted story of punks in 80s America resonated so hard with me that I physical felt the film at times. To me, this was like travelling back in time to meet my younger self and my mystical path to discovering the punk rocker within, who is an attitude not a hair cut.