Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

bleakshaun 2nd April 2018 12:13 PM

So I showed my mum The Holy Mountain.
Again this is her words.
"em.... What the **** is this shite? Its ****ing horrendous"
Brilliant

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2018 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Grimsby (2016)

Had avoided this Sacha Baron Cohen film due to the things typed about it on here in the past. Finally got round to watching it and absolutely loved it. Gross out comedy that made me laugh throughout.

Almost up there with Borat and Bruno but better than The Dictator.

Recommended to absolutely no one on here.

gag 2nd April 2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 570916)
Grimsby (2016)

Had avoided this Sacha Baron Cohen film due to the things typed about it on here in the past. Finally got round to watching it and absolutely loved it. Gross out comedy that made me laugh throughout.

Almost up there with Borat and Bruno but better than The Dictator.

Sometimes some films you need to avoid the negativity and go in with low expectations :lol:
And just enjoy the film for what it is , after all certain films you know are trash and are going to panned but just enjoy it for the trash it is in a entertaining way , if that makes sense :nod:

Nordicdusk 2nd April 2018 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 202818

A nun goes missing under very suspicious circumstances when her body found the case goes cold but is it lack of evidence or is there a cover up that runs even deeper than just some random killer.

This is one of the scariest documentaries I have ever seen. It still amazes me the amount of influence the Christian church had on every part of life society for so long. This case turns up so many disturbing facts it really does make you feel uncomfortable to watch. I am very careful what I say about this as I know this is not the place for religion so I won't go any deeper.

This is a must watch documentary it does contain some horrific details so be warned before you watch.

9/10

Susan Foreman 2nd April 2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Grimsby (2016)

Almost up there with Borat and Bruno

Problem with that is...I really like 'Borat', but got rid of my copy of 'Bruno' at the first opportunity, so your review tells me nothing!

bleakshaun 2nd April 2018 01:50 PM

1990: The Bronx Warriors
A rich girl flees into the wasteland and joins a gang known as the riders. Her father sends a sadistic cop to get her back and kill everyone.
This was great fun, better than the New Barbarians which was terribly good. The cop is badass.
7/10

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 570941)
Problem with that is...I really like 'Borat', but got rid of my copy of 'Bruno' at the first opportunity, so your review tells me nothing!

Quote:

Grimsby (2016)

This is the key line!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd April 2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 570959)
This is the key line!

I second that non-recommendation, but I thought it was terrible and deeply unfunny!

bleakshaun 2nd April 2018 03:51 PM

Escape from the Bronx
A corporation decides to spruce up the bronx, so they decide to hire a genocidal lunatic with his nasa rejects to burn people and blow up miniatures.
This is by far the best out of the 3 films. The opening is strong and the final 20 minutes or so are glorious.
8/10

MrBarlow 2nd April 2018 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Robocop 2 1990

Company O.C.P, in old Detroit have taken over the police and hopefully buy out the city, Robocop returns to take down a drug lord and a rogue worker want to give the city a new improved Robocop.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back director irvin Kershner steps in to take over from Paul Verhoeven, and brings us this film thats does live up to the first but with little hype.

Tom Noonan portayal as Cain the Nuke Drug lord who seems more spaced out on his own stuff and tends to stand like a statue or a mannequin who very rarly seems to hold the blinking of the eyes which can make him more menacing.

Dan O' Herlihy reprises his role as "The Old Man" of O.C.P and who seems to go along with Belinda Bauer's Character Faxx who seems to be seen as a woman who can do anything to get what she wants.

Peter Weller and Nancy Allen return for the second installment but both have spoken about how disappointing the movie was while making and the final cut was to be more violent when it was first drafted with the original director, but when Kershner took over alot of things changed.

This still makes a good time viewing and some good effects, even though Rob Bottin wasn't brough back on board.8 out of 10