Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Crimson Blade 17th September 2018 07:33 PM

Apparently, Christopher Lee was supposed to have been struck by lightning at the end of TTDAD, but it was changed because it was too similar to his death in Scars of Dracula. Still would have been preferable than to be taken out by a rock. :lol:

Demoncrat 17th September 2018 07:46 PM

:laugh:

I'll stick with that other film from 76 that's set in Germany ... ;);)

NEXT

Paul Zombie 18th September 2018 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Vampyres.

A mysterious pair of cloaked ladies prowl through the english countryside hitching lifts off unsuspecting motorists before luring them to their creepy gothic mansion to feast on their blood.

This i thought was a very entertaining film from Spanish director Jose Larrez, and much more graphic with it's scenes of sex and violence than any of the Hammer vampire films. it is a bit slow and light on plot, but it is very stylish with the gothic mansion, autumn scenery, and the nice shots of the sexy vamps running about the graveyard.

And the two vampires played by Marianne Morris and Anulka are stunning and get to show off their impressive assets throughout the film. :)

a very good film indeed and beautiful to look at, and a give it 83.5 out of 100.

Demoncrat 18th September 2018 05:49 PM

Review P!

Hereditary (Ari Aster)
What to say ......... well it's better than Krampus for a start:rolleyes:. I can imagine that that might not quite 'sell' this film. And a film it is :nod:. Avoid the trailer.
Grief can be a terrible thing to bear .... An artist works through a recent bereavement until a freak accident brings events to a head. See this film. I have my problems with it, but I always have :laugh:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th September 2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 588251)
Review P!

Hereditary (Ari Aster)
What to say ......... well it's better than Krampus for a start:rolleyes:. I can imagine that that might not quite 'sell' this film. And a film it is :nod:. Avoid the trailer.
Grief can be a terrible thing to bear .... An artist works through a recent bereavement until a freak accident brings events to a head. See this film. I have my problems with it, but I always have :laugh:

Not just me that thought Krampus was rubbish then? :lol:

Demoncrat 18th September 2018 06:34 PM

Toni Colette's in both. That's all I meant :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th September 2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 588257)
Toni Colette's in both. That's all I meant :lol:

Your reviews can be like deciphering bloody codes. :headache: :lol:

Demoncrat 18th September 2018 07:38 PM

Nothing in my review doesn't happen in the film. I could say it reminded me of Smiles On A Summer Night .... but that's nae really any help either I suppose :pound:

Next?

bleakshaun 18th September 2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 588260)
Your reviews can be like deciphering bloody codes. :headache: [emoji38]

That's where Dan Brown gets his ideas [emoji23].
Anyway
Death Wish 4
Paul Kersey is asked by an old business man to take on the 2 major drug Gangs in california after his daughter in law ODs.
No rape for a start thankfully. Still fun to watch especially when Bronson is running away from people. Plenty of squibs and explosions for everyone.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demoncrat 18th September 2018 09:37 PM

DWIV is a humdinger. Cannon to the core really :lol::pop2: