Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 14th July 2021 04:05 PM

Black Widow

Last Marvel film I'll watch, though Pugh does make up for ... another performance of hers :lol::nod:;)

In The Earth (2021, Ben Wheatley)

Another slice of from you know who.

Two scientists arrange to meet up with another fellow bod. During a pandemic. Things ... don't go to plan. Carry On Camping it isn't :laugh:
Ahem.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th July 2021 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Watch Me When I Kill (1977)

Dull giallo from Antonio Bido with a few non-bloody kills. To be honest it's not 24 hours since i watched it again and i couldn't tell you who was in it (None of the giallo regulars that's for sure) or what it was about even.

What i do remember was the dvd print from Shameless. So poor it bordered on average vhs quality at best.

trebor8273 14th July 2021 07:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAtuMu_ph4

Just crap , the worst marvel movie by far. It's a day later and can t remember much about it. Black Widow herself seemed underused , dreadful forced comedy , unlikable characters and dull action scenes and the least threatening super villain ever. A complete embarrassment for all involved .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpfRzcOFnwA

Brilliant anthology. A group of strangers have their fortunes told by the mysterious Doctor Schreck which end poorly for all those involved. Killer plants, werewolves, vampires and voodoo it has it all.

Now watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9rLKMjbJGU

MrBarlow 14th July 2021 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zombie 5: Killing Birds.. 1987.

A group of students travel to Louisiana to find a almost extinct species of Woodpecker only to discover something else.

I'd never thought I would see this film and i'd never thought of speaking about it, after some discussion about this film last week or so I thought I'd hunt it down on YouTube, It was in Italian so good job lessons had paid off in the language and didn't help the movie one bit. Was Robert Vaughn bribed with a lot of money or was he doing this film for a joke? This must have been a heavily edited version as sod all happens, did the makers put the title "Zombie" on it to cash in on the franchise. Once you see this film...you can't unsee it.

Attachment 234630

MrBarlow 14th July 2021 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Howl. 2015.

When Passengers on a train become stranded they try to fight off a pack of werewolves and band together to stay alive until morning.

This one I have seen a few times and still enjoy it, there is a good band of actors in this and Sean Pertwee making a small appearance in another wolf flick, every train journey you always have a bratty teen who you want to smack, this film has it until the stuff hits the fan and they become likeable. The costumes may not be like A American Werewolf In London or Dog Soldiers but they are decently done and some gore but doesn't go OTT, worth a watch.

Attachment 234635

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th July 2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 655884)

A group of students travel to Louisiana to find a almost extinct species of Woodpecker only to discover something else.

I'd never thought I would see this film and i'd never thought of speaking about it, after some discussion about this film last week or so I thought I'd hunt it down on YouTube, It was in Italian so good job lessons had paid off in the language and didn't help the movie one bit. Was Robert Vaughn bribed with a lot of money or was he doing this film for a joke? This must have been a heavily edited version as sod all happens, did the makers put the title "Zombie" on it to cash in on the franchise. Once you see this film...you can't unsee it.

Attachment 234630

I take it you aren't throwing your money 88's way for the limited edition box set at £25 then? :pound:

From what Justin said it's sold out anyway thanks to the 33% off sale recently.

MrBarlow 14th July 2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655890)
I take it you aren't throwing your money 88's way for the limited edition box set at £25 then? :pound:

From what Justin said it's sold out anyway thanks to the 33% off sale recently.

Erm let me think about it...oh heck no way, surely 88 could have released something way better, maybe gave us Stagefright or something else.

MrBarlow 14th July 2021 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seven Blood Stained Orchids. 1972.

A survivor of a attempt murder along with her fiancee and the police, try to find the connection with the attempt on her life and six other victims.

This was a pleasant Giallo with some dark atmospheric moments from Umberto Lenzi before he decided to go full blown horror maker. Ok the plot isn't the greatest but just when you think it will go a certain way, Lenzi was able to give it a side sweep and go in another way with a nice little added twist. There is a nice background score by Riz Ortolani. This is one that you go into with a open mind and have no disruptions to enjoy the film.

Attachment 234637

Nordicdusk 15th July 2021 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 655884)

Attachment 234630

The one time i saw it i felt the same that it must have been cut to bits because i dont remember much happening or maybe thats just the film.

Demoncrat 15th July 2021 09:23 AM

Chaos Walking

Daft scifi caper based on a Young Adult trilogy (I found out after ahem).
That Palpatine girl lands on a planet where you can see men's thoughts. Yep, that's what I said. Women are unaffected. the locals are called .... Spackles. Yep, that's what I said. They resemble some cheap CGI. Mads Mikelsen growls and purrs. About as stooooopid as it gets. Or is it ...... ?:laugh:

Eye Of The Devil (1966, J Lee Thompson)

Deborah Kerr is torn. Her hubby seems a tad ... preoccupied with his failing vineyard. Running after him to his family estate, she finds a rather frosty reception from all and sundry.
Quite effective wee thing. Helped by the BW photography, which externalises a story shrouded in shadow. Recommended.