Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

J Harker 5th January 2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665332)
Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

I finished my review of Bloody New Year with the words 'I was never remotely bored'.

The same cannot be said of this 'throw everything at the screen' garbage. It had a budget of $160m whereas Warren's film was nearer to £1.60 but i had a way better time with Bloody New Year than i did with this bollocks.

Once i've allowed myself to watch the Blu-ray of Black Widow then Marvel's Multiverse can Flux off once and for all.

I honestly don't get why you persist with Marvel films Dem. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

gag 5th January 2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 665335)

And dc ones as well for that matter.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 665335)

That was a dvd i've had for months. And i mean months.

The thing is, some of the early Marvel films are great. The Avengers is excellent. I upgraded that to Blu, same with Ant-Man and the Wasp, although that isn't an early one.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 665337)
And dc ones as well for that matter.

I've enjoyed the majority of DC films. Not sure how you can say movies like The Dark Knight aren't any good.

Justin101 6th January 2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665346)
I've enjoyed the majority of DC films. Not sure how you can say movies like The Dark Knight aren't any good.

He's probably referring to the latter day titles, Suicide Squad, THE Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Justice League etc

I personally enjoyed Wonder Woman and Batman vs Superman and I kind of liked Wonder Woman 1984 in a "this isn't a good film but it's passing the time' kind of way :lol: Justice League was OK, and as soon as I have a spare 4 hours... I'm going to watch the re-cut version.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665350)
He's probably referring to the latter day titles, Suicide Squad, THE Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Justice League etc

I personally enjoyed Wonder Woman and Batman vs Superman and I kind of liked Wonder Woman 1984 in a "this isn't a good film but it's passing the time' kind of way :lol: Justice League was OK, and as soon as I have a spare 4 hours... I'm going to watch the re-cut version.

I saw The Suicide Squad the other day. Loved it. lots of fun. Funny, and sweary with great characters.

I almost cheered when the Weasel recovered. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2022 11:05 AM

January 1st. New Years Day

1 Attachment(s)
Innocent Blood (1992)

Cracking movie from director John Landis which fuses the vampire film with gangster and buddy cop films.

Anne Parillaud makes for a sexy vampire who unwittingly chomps on mob boss Robert Loggia and leaves him one of the undead too as he realises it's even easier to rule by fear when you're a vampire.

Watch carefully and you might notice loads of genre names in Innocent Blood - Sam Raimi, Tom Savini, Dario Argento - they all make appearances in this clever and well made thriller which is typical Landis in the black comedy aspects but perhaps lacks the scares of say his earlier An American Werewolf in London. However that's a minor aside in what is a fine film.

:xmasnuts::xmasnuts::xmasnuts::xmasnuts: / 5

And so my Christmas horror marathon comes to an end. Thank you for reading and for all the 'likes'. :thankingyou:

Justin101 6th January 2022 11:14 AM

Had you seen that one before? First time I saw it was when the Premium Collection BD came out and I really liked it too!

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665353)
Had you seen that one before? First time I saw it was when the Premium Collection BD came out and I really liked it too!

Not for a long, long time. I used to have it on ex-rental vhs.

I was delighted when it was released as part of the PC.

J Harker 6th January 2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665352)
Innocent Blood (1992)

Cracking movie from director John Landis which fuses the vampire film with gangster and buddy cop films.

Anne Parillaud makes for a sexy vampire who unwittingly chomps on mob boss Robert Loggia and leaves him one of the undead too as he realises it's even easier to rule by fear when you're a vampire.

Watch carefully and you might notice loads of genre names in Innocent Blood - Sam Raimi, Tom Savini, Dario Argento - they all make appearances in this clever and well made thriller which is typical Landis in the black comedy aspects but perhaps lacks the scares of say his earlier An American Werewolf in London. However that's a minor aside in what is a fine film.

:xmasnuts::xmasnuts::xmasnuts::xmasnuts: / 5

And so my Christmas horror marathon comes to an end. Thank you for reading and for all the 'likes'. :thankingyou:

I have this to watch from the Premium collection. Looking forward to it.