Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665928)
I enjoyed Shock last night, that kid was a freak before any of the weird stuff happened, gives Bob a run for his money :lol: "I've got to kill you mummy" no wonder she went crazy :D

Was the print awesome?

Justin101 20th January 2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665929)
Was the print awesome?

I won't lie to save your wallet, it did look pristine, but I don't have any old versions to compare it to. Watched the English dub and the sound was great as well.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Shock...6/#Screenshots

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665930)
I won't lie to save your wallet, it did look pristine, but I don't have any old versions to compare it to. Watched the English dub and the sound was great as well.

I didn't know you'd bought it. Don't think you posted it.

The Anchor Bay dvd was certainly watchable but a Blu would be far superior.

As for saving my wallet. My will is weak. Sadly.

Justin101 20th January 2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665931)
I didn't know you'd bought it. Don't think you posted it.

The Anchor Bay dvd was certainly watchable but a Blu would be far superior.

As for saving my wallet. My will is weak. Sadly.

I forgot, I'd had a long day at work and popped in to HMV on my way home and then picked up a takeaway :D

Updated my post ^^^ links to the Bluray Forum review with screenshots.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665932)
I forgot, I'd had a long day at work and popped in to HMV on my way home and then picked up a takeaway :D

Updated my post ^^^ links to the Bluray Forum review with screenshots.

Cheers.

I think i'll get it. I know i'll regret it if i don't as i'm pretty pissed that i missed out on all the other Arrow Bava blu's that came out a few years ago. Things like Kill Baby Kill, A Bay of Blood, Black Sabbath and so forth.

Justin101 20th January 2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665933)
Cheers.

I think i'll get it. I know i'll regret it if i don't as i'm pretty pissed that i missed out on all the other Arrow Bava blu's that came out a few years ago. Things like Kill Baby Kill, A Bay of Blood, Black Sabbath and so forth.

The original Italian Artwork on the reverse too, so you can have the new art on the slip and the 'real' artwork on the box art :) You will regret it, I'm also feeling this way for Hatchet on 88 Films, but will wait for the £15 version to come out :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665934)
The original Italian Artwork on the reverse too, so you can have the new art on the slip and the 'real' artwork on the box art :) You will regret it, I'm also feeling this way for Hatchet on 88 Films, but will wait for the £15 version to come out :)

Great minds and all that because my thoughts moved to getting Hatchet as well, thinking no, you can't spend close to fifty quid on two films.

Can you?:doh:

Susan Foreman 20th January 2022 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665932)

Justin101 20th January 2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665935)
Great minds and all that because my thoughts moved to getting Hatchet as well, thinking no, you can't spend close to fifty quid on two films.

Can you?:doh:

You should wait! Haha, it’s a slippery slope that I’m already on…

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 665937)
You should wait! Haha, it’s a slippery slope that I’m already on…

I'll wait a while for Hatchet. Hopefully as with The Tough Ones and Violent Professionals Amazon will reduce it.

I got those two for £13 and £17. So much better than £25