Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

nicholasrope 2nd October 2022 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Firewalker

1986 Cannon take on the Treasure Hunt Genre that was around that time that sees Treasure Hunters played by Chuck Norris and Lou Gossett Jr., get hired to find Gold in South America which has Native American ties. There's some good humor in this as it's not to be taken seriously. It's good Sunday Afternoon fare but it's 20 minutes too long.

Leon222 3rd October 2022 04:26 AM

I have watched documentary film as I love to watch documentaries.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon222 (Post 676673)
I have watched documentary film as I love to watch documentaries.:nod:

Which documentary film did you watch?

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 676678)
Which documentary film did you watch?

Probably one about spamming forums.

Mojo 3rd October 2022 12:31 PM

ALL DECEASED…EXCEPT THE DEAD ( 1977 )

A hidden treasure will be revealed to a group of people gathered at a remote castle, but only when every one has died. Meanwhile, a black cloaked figure has started killing them one by one.
Sounds like a typical Giallo set up? Well, no. If the title of the movie doesn’t give a clue as to what type of film this is, then the music accompanying the menu certainly will, as it contains elements of…er…humour.
I suppose it’s entertaining enough if you’re prepared to put your brain on hold for 90 minutes and it’s good to see a new title appearing on Blu Ray. But just don’t expect me to start a collection of ‘comedy giallos’ any time soon!

ZEDER ( 1983 )

A writer finds a used ribbon in a second hand typewriter his wife has bought him, detailing the findings of a certain Zeder, who had discovered so called K Zones - plots of land that can resurrect the dead.
When a group of researchers start to put these findings into practice things get really creepy in this excellent supernatural thriller from Pupi Avati.
This was one of the first films I ever bought on ( murky ) Region 1 dvd back in the day and needless to say, 88 Films Blu Ray looks fantastic.
A terrific film and a great addition to The Italian Collection.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 676686)

ZEDER ( 1983 )

A writer finds a used ribbon in a second hand typewriter his wife has bought him, detailing the findings of a certain Zeder, who had discovered so called K Zones - plots of land that can resurrect the dead.
When a group of researchers start to put these findings into practice things get really creepy in this excellent supernatural thriller from Pupi Avati.
This was one of the first films I ever bought on ( murky ) Region 1 dvd back in the day and needless to say, 88 Films Blu Ray looks fantastic.
A terrific film and a great addition to The Italian Collection.

You've definitely sold me this one, Mojo.

Mojo 3rd October 2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676688)
You've definitely sold me this one, Mojo.

Hope you enjoy it Dem. It’s something a bit different and very creepy in places. Everybody raves about Avati’s HOUSE WITH THE LAUGHING WINDOWS, but I think this is better.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676681)
Probably one about spamming forums.

That was my hunch as well. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 676690)
Hope you enjoy it Dem. It’s something a bit different and very creepy in places. Everybody raves about Avati’s HOUSE WITH THE LAUGHING WINDOWS, but I think this is better.

I think Laughing Windows is bang average bordering on boring. It's why i'd never bothered with Zeder.

However now i have an image of what Zeder may be like in my head so i'm all there to be disappointed. :lol:

MrBarlow 3rd October 2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676693)
I think Laughing Windows is bang average bordering on boring. It's why i'd never bothered with Zeder.

However now i have an image of what Zeder may be like in my head so i'm all there to be disappointed. :lol:

Zeder can never be disappointing no matter how many times you watch it :pop2: