Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

wayfarer 24th November 2010 08:24 AM

I got around to watching the Shameless title with one of the best taglines: "The Critter from the Shitter" and the "shitter" is where I should have left this title. But, I knew it was no Citizen Kane so I'm not complaining:lol: David Warbeck was pretty much wasted in this movie (I don't mean drunk or stoned;) ).

I also saw Land of the Dead on Blu-Ray. The movie gets a lot of criticism from zombie/Romero fans but I like it. I like that it's different, the atmopshere of it and the Mad Max like future. It also resembles Brian Keene's City of the Dead in that it has a tower block in the middle of hell.
LOTD looks great on BR despite the CG blood which isn't as noticeable as it is in Diary and Survival.
This now leaves me with yet another spare R1 DVD:loco:

pedromonkey 25th November 2010 12:53 PM

watched Splice the other night, a very well made sci-fi thriller but a little slow, Good performances by both Adrian Brody and Sarah Polley and some great visuals from Director Vincenzo Natali (Cube) definitely worth a look.

snapon 25th November 2010 03:19 PM

i watched the ,descent , and the panic in needle park 1971 .a geat movie with kitty winn, and al pacino ,

DeadAlive 26th November 2010 07:54 AM

I've been mixing it up again this week................

The Fly. (1958)
Disturbia.
The Fly. (1986)
The Chinese Boxer.
Surrogates.
Queen Of Blood.
A Town Called Panic.
:)
A Nightmare On Elm Street. (2010) :(
Twins Of Evil.
Two Evil Eyes.

The Assassin. (1967)
Slither.
The Swordsman.

pedromonkey 26th November 2010 02:52 PM

ok, after not being a fan of The Exorcist, as i really didn't watch it as a horror fan the first time, i sat down and revisited it last night and have realised that i was fool. What a fantastic, well made, acted and directed film that i should have paid more attention to the first time.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th November 2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 114250)

A Town Called Panic.:)

I thought that was brilliant and quite, quite mad. You go read my full review here if you so desire.

Gojirosan 26th November 2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 114297)
ok, after not being a fan of The Exorcist, as i really didn't watch it as a horror fan the first time, i sat down and revisited it last night and have realised that i was fool. What a fantastic, well made, acted and directed film that i should have paid more attention to the first time.

Hmmmm...interesting...maybe I should try this too...though I have all ready seen it several times and remain unimpressed.

bdc 26th November 2010 05:44 PM

It all depends on which version you've seen...
The so-called "director's cut" is to be avoided imho.

pedromonkey 26th November 2010 07:21 PM

i think the version i saw was the theatrical cut as it came in the anthology collection.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th November 2010 07:47 PM

I've always preferred the theatrical version of The Exorcist of the so-called Version You've Never Seen or Extended Director's Version is that one is really The Writer's Cut with Friedkin reinserting everything that Blatty was dismayed that he cut out of the film for its theatrical release.

Both are excellent but theatrical cut is just that bit better: tighter, less baggy and less wordy.