Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

DJBenz 12th December 2010 10:41 PM

Absence of Light, which is quite possibly, no definitely, the worst film I have ever seen. :(

pedromonkey 13th December 2010 03:55 PM

watched German film Anatomie last night and forgot good it was. some good practical FX and some great acting made this film very enjoyable...

antmumford 13th December 2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

The Last Train - 1999 ITV post apocalypse series that ran for 6 episodes.
Oh my god! Pedromonkey, you are an absolute lifesaver. For years and years now I have wondered what this programme was called. I watched the first episode about 10 years ago and didn't know what it was that I watched. Ever since I've never been able to find out and anyone I asked didn't have a clue.
I just remembered bits of the 1st episode like with the hungry dogs and stuff.
How did you go about seeing this again? Is it on DVD? thanks for bringing it to light for me!

pedromonkey 13th December 2010 05:22 PM

unfortunately Ant it has never been and will never be released on dvd according to ITV, i managed to find a download of the entire series when it was reshown on syfy a couple of years ago. I don't condone downloads but for something like this which is never going to see the light of day again, it was only way possible for me to watch it...great show too

Sargento 13th December 2010 05:52 PM

Watched

Monster Man

... last night. Didn't expect anything of it but I really enjoyed it. great barmy fun with some lovely grue!

re.form 13th December 2010 07:58 PM

Harry Brown
Night of the Demon (1957)

pedromonkey 13th December 2010 09:59 PM

having watched Anatomie with Franka Potente i decided to revisit Run Lola Run and my god is this film bad ass, love the flow of it, the performances by both Franka and Moritz Bliebtreu (Das Experiment) Tom Twyker's direction and the editing of the film are spot on, just a great euro thriller in my book...

mercury 14th December 2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116882)
having watched Anatomie with Franka Potente i decided to revisit Run Lola Run and my god is this film bad ass, love the flow of it, the performances by both Franka and Moritz Bliebtreu (Das Experiment) Tom Twyker's direction and the editing of the film are spot on, just a great euro thriller in my book...

This film is great. It was one of the first dvd's I bought. I may have to get it on Blu ray now as a film this good deserves an upgrade:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 01:35 PM

Run Lola Run is a film that I could watch at just about any time and anywhere but I haven't seen Anatomie so will make a mental note to either rent or buy it at some point, probably in the New Year.

brain dead 14th December 2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 116766)
watched German film Anatomie last night and forgot good it was. some good practical FX and some great acting made this film very enjoyable...

Those plasticised anatomy models were amazingly well done. I thought they were the real thing until I watched the extra features.