Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

DeadAlive 3rd January 2010 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amsterdamned - The boat chase is still the highlight for me. For some strange reason my recollections of this had it being a bit more gory. :ohwell:

BioZombie 3rd January 2010 07:11 PM

I have just finiahed Teenage Hooker Becomes A Killing Machine. The title reveals everything you need to know about the plot. The film is only 60mins long but in that timeit really manages to bulid up a unique atmosphere. Shot on dv the lighting has been used to make the most of the format an imo it looks fantastic. The heroin of the story is killed by her teacher and some other guys after she sleeps with him and then he turns her into a killer cyborg . She then proceeds to exact bloody revenge on the people who killed her. It has a dream like atmosphere not unlike David Lynch or Takeshi Miike. It can feel at little slow at times but there are some good low budget gore effects and over all I really ejoyed it.

Kyle 3rd January 2010 07:12 PM

might watch mine tonight then :thumb:

BioZombie 3rd January 2010 07:20 PM

Hope you enjoy it BS, its certainly an interesting film. :thumb:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd January 2010 07:21 PM

Teenage Hooker Becomes A Killing Machine? Sounds great!

Has anyone here ever seen The Worm Eaters - I know it's meant to be terrible but it sounds sooo disgusting I'm tempted to buy it! :laugh:

BioZombie 3rd January 2010 07:26 PM

It was only £5 at HMV Ilvuv at that price I was willing to take a gamle and it turned out good.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd January 2010 07:27 PM

Ooooh. Not bad at all. Think I'll spend some of me vouchers on that lol

Pete 3rd January 2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 55969)
[B][U]

Has anyone here ever seen The Worm Eaters - I know it's meant to be terrible but it sounds sooo disgusting I'm tempted to buy it! :laugh:

Not seen it but there is a trailer for it on Grindhouse Trailer Classics 2 and it is absolutely revolting!:ack:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd January 2010 07:41 PM

Yeah, that's the trailer I saw Loops! I've been meaning to get it for a while now - I've just heard such terrible things about the film. Sure it's meant to be a lot of plop (!) but from what I've heard people are soooo disgusted when they watch this film, they have been sick. Sounds like a must buy from that! A strange almost-kiddy like film with as much power to make you sick as Cannibal Holocaust - pretty interesting really!

Angel 3rd January 2010 08:16 PM

The Orphan

Best film I've seen in years

The Butcher (Asia extreme)

Yeah it was just a bit extreme. I bet the BBFC are hoping and praying nobody submits this to them. All about snuff film makers.

Kyle 3rd January 2010 09:57 PM

good film choices angel!

The Worm Eaters sounds great iluv

just watched cypher, good film but not as good as cube

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...i69/cypher.jpg

DeadAlive 4th January 2010 05:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rule #1 - Chilling Hong Kong horror about a police department that investigates "strange" reports.

42ndStreetFreak 4th January 2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 55789)

A huuuuuuuge improvement over my first film of 09; I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave:ack:.

She had a way with a broom though. :banana:

Gigantor 4th January 2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 55969)
Teenage Hooker Becomes A Killing Machine? Sounds great!

Yeah its a fun little B movie.Makes for a great Double Feature with SQUIRM

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 12:56 PM

That boy'll go far....:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 55805)
On Hogmanay,I was dragged to see Twilight New Moon

Have you recoverd from your ordeal? I wouldn't wish it on anyone.I hope you're going to be ok :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 05:48 PM

I ain't told anyone I met you there mate....Oh shit sorry!:biggrin:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 05:48 PM

Need to change my Avatar....;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 05:51 PM

ARRRGHHHH!

:lol::dizzy::laugh:

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 05:52 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol: I wanted to change mine to that.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 06:21 PM

Ahhhh moment of madness over....:dizzy:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th January 2010 07:45 PM

Recent viewings:

- The Bronx Warriors
- Escape from the Bronx
- The New Barbarians
(with the superb and very interesting fact track :nod:)

:banana:

pedromonkey 5th January 2010 01:23 AM

i just watched Antichrist and all i can say is wow...what a massive bag of wank, there's another 2 hours of lars von trier that i will never get back, complete waste of time and energy. what the **** was Willem Defoe think when he agreed to sign up for this. It's these types of films that re-affirms my utter hatred of Trier. i hate this man with a passion and he should be stopped from making anything. And before anyone asks if i was offended by it...there answer is no, the only thing that offended me was the fact that it was nearly two hours long, i haven't wasted this much time on a film since Twentynine Palms, another film that was boring and only attemped to shock you because it could. **** this film and **** lars von trier, **** him right in the face with a rusty pair of scissors the prententious prick....

:bananasuit:

Kyle 5th January 2010 06:36 AM

:eek: you really hated it! i thought it was one f the best films last year, ive watched it 3 times now and it gets better every time i watch it.

broonage 5th January 2010 06:42 AM

I saw Avatar last night in 3D.

Ok before anything the film is a 6/10. But the actual film looks beautiful and it was my first experience of 3D at the cinema (makes my My Bloody Val 3D on my TV seem terrible), holy shit it really works!

Go see it..

Gigantor 5th January 2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 56227)
:eek: you really hated it! i thought it was one f the best films last year, ive watched it 3 times now and it gets better every time i watch it.

Was it better than LEGALLY BLONDE?:biggrin:

Philleh 5th January 2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 56227)

I agree, great film. I also enjoyed Twentynine Palms! lol

I think you should swerve the art-house horror scene Pedro; it's clearly not your bag! :biggrin:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 5th January 2010 09:59 AM

This is one hell of an audience-splitter! At first I hated this film when I saw it at the cinema. Over pretentions crap especially with the talking fox! BUT then again the more I think about it, I really want to see it a second time :laugh: I think it's such a strange film. One moment it has some incredible moments -some of the best in any film - especially the dream sequences and the quite nasty castration, but then there slapped round the face by utterly stupid parts like all the animals and the wtf! slow motion real sex moment.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th January 2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 56236)

There's NOTHING better than Legally Blonde.....except maybe Legally Blonde 2 :lol:

pedromonkey 5th January 2010 01:04 PM

i'll give trier one thing, it's beautifully shot. that's pretty much all i can say about this. I think i will skip the arthouse horror scene....

pedromonkey 5th January 2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 56246)
I agree, great film. I also enjoyed Twentynine Palms! lol

twentynine palms was boring as hell, two people wandering around the desert for two hours having quite boring looking sex then pow....mental, i found it really dull....

mbv 5th January 2010 09:19 PM

Unexplained TV always stick a horror on late at night..quality is always crap like a camcorder recording an old vhs copy of the movie being shown on a portable TV
Last nights delight was Blood Tide. Had great hopes for this with James Earl Jones and the bloke from the Karate Kid but in the end a total let down. The monster got about 5 seconds of screen time and looked crap. When they reveal it at the end a second later they blow it up.

DeadAlive 5th January 2010 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
13 Hours In A Warehouse - Low budget and fairly low on ideas too. The opening talky bit is so Tarantino influenced without being remotely interesting. Surprisingly low on gore too for an "18" rated horror. I'm so glad this was just a rental.

Kyle 5th January 2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 56236)

there is no such film that can top the awesomeness of legally blonde :biggrin:

Kyle 5th January 2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 56426)
13 Hours In A Warehouse - Low budget and fairly low on ideas too. The opening talky bit is so Tarantino influenced without being remotely interesting. Surprisingly low on gore too for an "18" rated horror. I'm so glad this was just a rental.

the girl with the horse bit in her mouth was hot though :biggrin:

i liked the film but im a bit of a sucker with films with a snuff theme

DeadAlive 5th January 2010 09:38 PM

And I can see why the one had a bag over her head most of the time.....

A nice enough time filler, but not one I'd bother watching a second time.

Kyle 5th January 2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 56436)
And I can see why the one had a bag over her head most of the time.....

A nice enough time filler, but not one I'd bother watching a second time.

:lol:yeah , dont think would really

just watched http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...TimesFive_.jpg

nekromantik 6th January 2010 12:16 AM

I just seen Open Graves

http://i46.tinypic.com/2eg5kzm.jpg

Its DTV horror movie with Eliza Dushku and Mike Vogel. Its a typical teen horror movie and wasnt that good. Deaths were pretty lame. Its about a group of surfers who come across a old board game and basicly if you win you get to make a wish but if you loose u die like it says in the game. As you do, they didnt know about the death part as the guy that handed them the game didnt mention this.

Pretty average movie I guess, I have seen worse. Ending was so predictable and crappy. :ohwell:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 08:31 AM

Yep, it's definetly one of those films you really need to see at the cinema, rather than DVD, to appreciate it fully and to get the whole experience! I was in awe! :laugh:

vincenzo 6th January 2010 10:43 AM

Delirium (aka Psycho Puppet)

Former video nasty. Lots of nudity and violence (all towards women) and features what appears to be the Mastermind theme. Otherwise cheap boring tripe. Tedium would be a better title.