Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Annoying Actors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/4435-annoying-actors.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 123141)
Pity,coz once upon a time Gibbo was a legend.:nod:

I have to disagree. He's still a legend. Hollywood can give work to a convicted Paedophile like the director Victor Salva and Gibson is the antichrist and ostricised for a drunken rant and allegations of domestic violence from a woman obviously out to get every penny she can from him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gojirosan 20th January 2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 123157)
I have to disagree. He's still a legend. Hollywood can give work to a convicted Paedophile like the director Victor Salva and Gibson is the antichrist and ostricised for a drunken rant and allegations of domestic violence from a woman obviously out to get every penny she can from him?

Salva served his time and has reformed. Thus he should be allowed to work again freely.

Gibson is a nasty piece of work with a lot of dangerous views for which he is unrepentant. He's a scumbag.

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 123162)
Salva served his time and has reformed. Thus he should be allowed to work again freely.

Gibson is a nasty piece of work with a lot of dangerous views for which he is unrepentant. He's a scumbag.

Ah well, each to his own. I don't have a problem with him.

GoreFreak91 20th January 2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

I agree with you.

Inspector Tanzi 20th January 2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

So, if you had a son that got "touched" or worse by him and he went to prison for it, when he got released would you say "It's ok, he's reformed now".

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 123157)

Not in some people's views mate.
Me? Although his comments were out of order,to me he's still one of the most entertaining actors of his generation.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 123172)
Not in some people's views mate.
Me? Although his comments were out of order,to me he's still one of the most entertaining actors of his generation.:nod:

True. I'm looking forward to seeing him and his puppet in The Beaver.

Anyhoo, I'd better try and get tbis thread back on topic here. So, somw actors that annoy me...

Jason Biggs
Rose McGowan
Jennifer Lopez
Penelope Cruz
Tobey Maguire

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 08:23 PM

Was McGuire in owt else but Spiderman?

Paul@TheOverlook 20th January 2011 08:31 PM

Strange that someone can be so critical of someone as obviously troubled as Gibson but is willing to brand Victor Salva "reformed".

Obviously Gibson needs help - he's not the full ticket and his past actions have ruined his career. People that are in the public eye should set an example and if they behave in an unacceptable way shouldunderstand that their career is over.

Salva abused his position as a director of a film to engage in a sexual act with a minor. "Reformed" or not, he should never have been allowed to direct a film again, in my opinion.

Jonny 20th January 2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 123187)
Was McGuire in owt else but Spiderman?

No, he was bred and raised specifically to play that part.