Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   The Absolute Worst Films of All Time! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/5878-absolute-worst-films-all-time.html)

InDogWeTrust 2nd July 2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 162476)
I wont build my hopes on this but if it owt like the remake then it will be awful ....WAIT for it ................Drum roll ...Rise of the planet of the apes ...yes it true there is a new POTA flm due out

Oher films due out ..but im not suggesting they be rubbish but we wait and see....a new fright night..new x men ...not my cup of tea...

Remake of the girl with dragon tatoo staring daniel craig....Honest

New twilight movie breaking dawn..part 1

I cant imagine any of these being good but might be proved wrong,,,

twilight breaking dawn part 1?
are they trying to be like harry potter now?

oh there's another one worthy of this list...the whole Harry Potter film series!
(although the video games are quite fun!)

James Morton 2nd July 2011 02:23 AM

The absolute worst films of all time!

just thought of some more crap films

Near Dark
Strange Days
Point Break- not a fan of Bigelow
Burton's Planet Of The Apes
The Lost Boys
Halloween 1&2
House Of 1000 Corpses - Zombie is shit
The Village
The Terminal
Forrest Gump - aaargh!

InDogWeTrust 2nd July 2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 162479)
just thought of some more crap films

Near Dark
Strange Days
Burton's Planet Of The Apes
The Lost Boys
Halloween 1&2
House Of 1000 Corpses - Zombie is shit
The Village

The Terminal
Forrest Gump - aaargh!

I really don't ****ing like this James Morton guy!

James Morton 2nd July 2011 02:34 AM

The absolute worst films of all time!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gigantor 2nd July 2011 05:02 AM

Things
octopus

Jeff D 2nd July 2011 05:24 AM

Jess Franco's turd "Paula Paula" is a recent addition to the dubious list of crap I hate.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 162438)
:lol: I don't own Dirty Dancing (anymore), or Flashdance. But now you've mentioned them, I may have to get them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember the last time I prompted someone else to buy something, and it's slightly weird those titles will be Dirty Dancing and Flashdance!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162452)
Then you found out it was an M Night Shiteman film which was even worse.:lol:

I knew there was one missing from that list I posted which I meant to add: Lady in the Water. What a horrible piece of self-indulgent garbage!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 10:23 AM

Is this thread about films you personally don't like all ones which are horribly written, directed and acted and would be considered a crime against cinema by just about every film critic and fan?

In any case, please don't get personal as the moderators will not tolerate any personal attacks.

gag 2nd July 2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162527)
Is this thread about films you personally don't like all ones which are horribly written, directed and acted and would be considered a crime against cinema by just about every film critic and fan?

In any case, please don't get personal as the moderators will not tolerate any personal attacks.

I agree we all have a opinion in what we like and dont like but i try to name films that generaly are awful like Dangerous worry dolls ive mentioned before, but state what i wasnt keen on..like i said earlier there a difference between a awful bad film and a film you dont like...eg harry potter own prefrence but cant put it as same league as jaws 3d or the hulk ...

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 162530)
I agree we all have a opinion in what we like and dont like but i try to name films that generaly are awful like Dangerous worry dolls ive mentioned before, but state what i wasnt keen on..like i said earlier there a difference between a awful bad film and a film you dont like...eg harry potter own prefrence but cant put it as same league as jaws 3d or the hulk ...

I haven't seen Dangerous Worry Dolls yet....but I'll watch any Fullmoon films and enjoy them :)........well, most of them :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 162532)
I haven't seen Dangerous Worry Dolls yet....but I'll watch any Fullmoon films and enjoy them :)........well, most of them :lol:

Ditto. Whether a film has a terrible reputation or an outstanding one, I'll still give it a look just to see if that reputation is deserved and whether or not I'll like it. As I mentioned in my first post, there are many abysmal films which are favourites of mine such as Plan 9 from Outer Space, Attack of the Crab Monsters and Troll 2!

gag 2nd July 2011 11:09 AM

According to IMDB here the op 25 worst films...

Well films avoided or voted worst on a online poll..

1.Dream Well (2009)
2.Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 (2004)
3.Daniel - Der Zauberer (2004)
4.Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)
5.Monster a-Go Go (1965)
6.Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966)
7.Ben & Arthur (2002)
8.The Starfighters (1964)
9.The Skydivers (1963)
10.Zombie Nation (2004)
11.Pledge This! (2006)
12.Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag (2007)
13 Zaat (1971)
14.Too Beautiful (2005)
15.From Justin to Kelly (2003)
16.A Fox's Tale (2008)
17.The Final Sacrifice (1990)
18.The Hillz (2004)
19.Disaster Movie (2008)
20.The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)
21.Yes Sir (2007)
22.Hobgoblins (1988)
23.Zodiac Killer (2005)
24. Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders (1996)
25 Fat Slags (2004)

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 11:28 AM

Thats the problem with proper bad films, no ones heard of them or seen them. I didn't hate Disaster Movie though.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162537)
Thats the problem with proper bad films, no ones heard of them or seen them. I didn't hate Disaster Movie though.

I did! I can personally vouch that Manos - The Hands of Fate, The Beast of Yucca Flats and Monster-a-Go-Go are utterly abysmal and are amongst the worst films ever made. I've always been slightly curious about the two Baby Geniuses films, just because they are directed by Bob 'Black Christmas' Clarke!

Gojirosan 2nd July 2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 162479)

The Lost Boys
The Terminal
Forrest Gump - aaargh!

Yeah, I thought they were all pretty damned terrible as well.

As previously mentioned, Anchorman is one of the worst flicks I've sat through in recent years.

There is also a version of the Ed Gein story with Kane Hodder that is world class bad.

gag 2nd July 2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 162543)
Yeah, I thought they were all pretty damned terrible as well.

As previously mentioned, Anchorman is one of the worst flicks I've sat through in recent years.

There is also a version of the Ed Gein story with Kane Hodder that is world class bad.

I think ive seen that version as well if it one im thinking yes it terrible problem is there so many films based of him you get to point u begin to get them mixed up..

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 12:06 PM

Although I dislike Forrest Gump with a passion, I wouldn't say it's one of the absolutely worst films of all time and I like Point Break The Lost Boys and most of The Terminal. They're not the greatest films of all time, neither are they the worst films of all time either.

This brings me back to the question I posed earlier: are these films you personally dislike or ones which are badly made in every aspect of the filmmaking process?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 162545)
I think ive seen that version as well if it one im thinking yes it terrible problem is there so many films based of him you get to point u begin to get them mixed up..

is that version of the Ed Gein story Ed Gein: The Butcher of Plainfield?

Ed Gein: The Butcher of Plainfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

keirarts 2nd July 2011 01:01 PM

Hellgate.

Hellgate (1990) - IMDb

YouTube - ‪Hellgate Trailer (1989)‬‏

From the people who brought you hellraiser.

Nonsense!

This film is dreadful, not in a fun way like manos or a bruno mattei film, this is boring rubbish of the worst kind.

I genuinely hate this movie!:censored:

Worst thing is its on my shelf, it came double billed with a much better movie called the pit.

gag 2nd July 2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162547)

Probably i couldnt say unless i say a clip of it lol..

I googled worst films of all time and come across total films worst horrors of all time strange but some of these are cult ...

In the list is,

Street trash
Frankenhooker
scarecrows
Brain damage

but on the list are also
Motel hell
Galaxy of terror
leprechaun in the hood
chopping mall
April fools day
Gingerbread man 2
neon maniacsGhoulies go to college
meridian

3 worst are

3 the mangler
2 edge of hell
1 troll 2

Gojirosan 2nd July 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162546)
Although I dislike Forrest Gump with a passion, I wouldn't say it's one of the absolutely worst films of all time and I like Point Break The Lost Boys and most of The Terminal. They're not the greatest films of all time, neither are they the worst films of all time either.

This brings me back to the question I posed earlier: are these films you personally dislike or ones which are badly made in every aspect of the filmmaking process?

To be fair, I wouldn't call the awful Forrest Gump one of the worst films ever either. I wouldn't even refer to The Terminal that way. They are duffers (to me) but not the absolute worst.

When asked for "the worst films" I think of films I have disliked not necessarily technically bad films. Technically bad films (as we all know on here!) can be enjoyable. For example, I would rather watch the dreadfully made Pieces or the utterly inept Ratman than the skilled but dreary or unpleasant likes of The Lost Boys or Signs or, yes, Highlander.

A film with the staff and budget of Signs that ends up that awful is a travesty far in excess of the likes of Manos or Mesa Of Lost Women, which at least bring me pleasure.

InDogWeTrust 2nd July 2011 01:26 PM

Screw what anyone thinks. I actually do think The Lost Boys is one of the greatest of all time. The sequels were pretty trashy but the original...I'm a huge fan!

Screw anyone who dislikes Corey Feldman as well!

Gojirosan 2nd July 2011 01:31 PM

Most people seem to love it. It's from an era of Hollywood fantasy/adventure films that just doesn't sit well with my tastes. I am not a fan of The Goonies either!

The Lost Boys is too glossy and like early rock video in style. And all that awful music! It's all the worst aspects of the 80s in one film for me! :lol:

I think I can see why others like it - as I think I can with Highlander - but for me it's a dreadful experience.

Just not my bag, I guess!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 162559)

I googled worst films of all time and come across total films worst horrors of all time strange but some of these are cult ...

In the list is,

Street trash
Frankenhooker
scarecrows
Brain damage
All good films

but on the list are also
Motel hell
Galaxy of terror
leprechaun in the hood
chopping mall
April fools day
Gingerbread man 2
meridian
Three good films there -Motel Hell, Galaxy of Terror and April Fools Day. Meridian has several scenes of Sherilyn Fenn nude so that can never be a bad film.:lol:

3 worst are

3 the mangler
2 edge of hell
1 troll 2

Nonsense, the above list is probably made up from fans of Marley and Me.

gag 2nd July 2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162570)
Nonsense, the above list is probably made up from fans of Marley and Me.

i never said i agreed just posted what i said i saw :lol:

I mean come on how on earth can any 1 class brain damage in the worst horrors the film is a cult
but the list at the top where you said where good are the ones i tried to say are cult,,,but hey life wouldnt be much cop if we all like the same thing be pretty boring..

Gojirosan 2nd July 2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162547)

Yep, that's the one. Awful flick.

I am concerned that I have not heard of this Meridian film before. Nekkid Sherilyn Fenn, you say?

gag 2nd July 2011 01:51 PM

I only posted a few of what they said but every poll on a site mag tv radio could all ask the same Q? whats the best worst of ??? but the results will always be varied maybe just with the odd 1 or 2 cropping up all the time. But also be loads we never heard of .....doesnt matter if u a tv film music (Fan buff) etc there is to much of everything to know and always more to learn..

Me personaly i love watching films but my knowlegde is pants cos im not realy one for learning and going into depth details etc, but every 1 dif ...

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 162572)
i never said i agreed just posted what i said i saw :lol:

I mean come on how on earth can any 1 class brain damage in the worst horrors the film is a cult
but the list at the top where you said where good are the ones i tried to say are cult,,,but hey life wouldnt be much cop if we all like the same thing be pretty boring..

Sorry Gag, didn't mean you at all, but it kinda came across that way.:)

gag 2nd July 2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162577)
Sorry Gag, didn't mean you at all, but it kinda came across that way.:)

Its fine it didnt realy i just commented thats all

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 02:55 PM

One mans Grease 2 is another mans Godfather 2. :D

gag 2nd July 2011 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen@Cult Labs;162583]One mans Grease 2 is another mans Godfather 2. :D

Ive had trilogy of Godfather for yrs and never ever seen any yet :blush:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 162559)

In the list is,

Street trash
Frankenhooker
scarecrows
Brain damage

but on the list are also
Motel hell
Galaxy of terror
leprechaun in the hood
chopping mall
April fools day
Gingerbread man 2
meridian

3 worst are

3 the mangler
2 edge of hell
1 troll 2

There's no accounting for taste, is there?!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 162583)
One mans Grease 2 is another mans Godfather 2. :D

Those film do not belong in the same sentence.:mmph:

:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 162573)
I am concerned that I have not heard of this Meridian film before. Nekkid Sherilyn Fenn, you say?

That sounds at least one reason to check out the film! I haven't seen it, but that's reason enough to rent it at the very least.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162597)
Those film do not belong in the same sentence.:mmph:

:)

They do in Stephen's house. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162598)
That sounds at least one reason to check out the film! I haven't seen it, but that's reason enough to rent it at the very least.

It also features Charlie Spradling, who appears in Puppetmaster II and Wild At Heart, where she tells Nic cage to "take a bite of peach" :tongue1:

Prince_Vajda 2nd July 2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 162590)
Ive had trilogy of Godfather for yrs and never ever seen any yet :blush:

I have to confess: same here. Problem is: your collection looks stupid without a copy of The Godfather. :p

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162598)

You can pick it up for pence on Amazon, under the title Phantoms, its a two sided disc with an uncut Pieces. :lol:

Phantoms/Pieces 2 DVD Horror Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Prince_Vajda 2nd July 2011 03:54 PM

One of the worst movies ever - Devils of Darkness.

It's so boring - you'll not only fall asleep: you'll die of boredom. :scared:

Greetings!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 162609)
One of the worst movies ever - Devils of Darkness.

It's so boring - you'll not only fall asleep: you'll die of boredom. :scared:

Greetings!

I liked Devils, comes on a nice Midnite Movies release with Witchcraft.:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 162604)
I have to confess: same here. Problem is: your collection looks stupid without a copy of The Godfather. :p

Greetings!

I own three versions of The Godfather: the R2 collection, the R1 individual release with us AV quality and the Blu-ray collection. I've watched them all several times with the exception of the Blu-ray collection which I've only watched once so far.