Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   The Absolute Worst Films of All Time! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/5878-absolute-worst-films-all-time.html)

InDogWeTrust 12th June 2011 09:56 AM

The Absolute Worst Films of All Time!

Okay so I felt like starting a thread where you can list all the movies you think are just terrible and talk shit about them.

I have a few to list but I want some other people to list some of theirs first and get this thread started!

So...Go for it!

:peace:

wongfeihung62 12th June 2011 10:33 AM

There are some films that are bad ,but have redeeming qualities about them.
However. Avoid the 80's movie "The Comic", I remember seeing this at one of the Shock around the clock fests and it was booed really badly and people threw things at the screen. Yes it really is a cinematic turd.

Pete 12th June 2011 11:45 AM

Luigi Cozzi's PAGANINI HORROR.

Gojirosan 12th June 2011 12:06 PM

Small Town Folk - witless, moronic, ugly, badly made British horror-comedy effort.

Signs - M Night Shyamalan's alien invasion insult to the intelligence.

Highlander - I have no idea why people view this piece of crap with such affection. Russell Mulcahy's horrendous attempts at visual style never translated well from his rock video home.

Too many Film 2000 releases to recall individuals...

InDogWeTrust 12th June 2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 157533)
Highlander - I have no idea why people view this piece of crap with such affection.

I know right! And to think they made five sequals, Two television series and a comic book series! :wacko:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th June 2011 03:28 PM

For some reason my mind is totally blank, but of recent times, Transformers is pretty poor.

plasterface 12th June 2011 03:50 PM

crap films

ok heres my least fave and i know a few people will go wtf? but remember opinions are like arseholes everyones got one ;)
wolf creek, small town folk, texas chainsaw massacre 2, return of the living dead part 3,mortuary,paranormal activity, jeepers creepers,diary of the dead, mother of tears,razorblade smile, the descent

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th June 2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 157565)
ok heres my least fave and i know a few people will go wtf? but remember opinions are like arseholes everyones got one ;)
wolf creek, small town folk, texas chainsaw massacre 2, return of the living dead part 3,mortuary,paranormal activity, jeepers creepers,diary of the dead, mother of tears,razorblade smile, the descent

Can't agree with the ones in green, whilst no means brilliant they are all pretty good.

Small Town Folk is quite poor, as is Razor Blade Smile.

Hooper should be ashamed of Mortuary, its just a film of CGI black weeds moving about.

Just out of interest, list a few of your faves Plasterface.

Jani 12th June 2011 04:12 PM

I made the mistake of buying a Bruno Mattei movie called SS Girls (Casa Privata per le SS,1977) and I must say I almost killed my brain watching it.How one can make a movie this dull out of nazisploitation is beyond me,but if I can prevent even one person from seeing it should go down as a heroic act of mercy.Other piece of dogcrap is Signs by that Shyamalan guy.I think he's an idiot,so Hollywood,stop wasting your money.

Jani 12th June 2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Yeah,wtf indeed.You really dislike some good ones,man.Haven't seen Small Town Folk,Mortuary,Paranormal Activity or Mother of Tears though,and aim to keep it that way.Romero took a crap in he's own boots with Diary of the Dead (and even bigger stinker with Survival...),so agree with that one and Razor Blade had nothing but those titties.However,Wolf Creek,TCM 2,RotLD 3,Jeepers Creepers and The Descent? There's a statement.

plasterface 12th June 2011 05:14 PM

opinions

ok films i like demdike, the shining, psycho, zombie flesh eaters, suspiria , brain damage, brain dead, evil dead 2, the wicker man , carnival of souls, re-animator those are the first few to spring to mind.
think tcm 2 is too much of a spoof of a first one
rtld 3 is humourless, mother of tears terrible, all bad sequels to films i love, thought descent was dull , thought paranormal activity and wolf creek vastly overhyped and unscary

Gojirosan 12th June 2011 05:19 PM

I actually thought Mortuary was a decent little old-fashioned shocker. I enjoyed it and was expecting it to be crap...mind you I enjoyed Hooper's Crocodile a lot too, and the rest of the world seems to hate that.

...but Paranormal Activity, yes. One of the worst films I've seen in the last couple of years. Truly awful in every way.

It's funny how Diary Of The Dead splits opinion. People either love it or hate it. I loved it - massively.

platostotal 12th June 2011 05:20 PM

Jeez, some of the films mentioned are pretty bad, but just watch(for f**k sake don't buy) Al Adamson's 'Brain of Blood'. The guy made some enjoyable cheapo flicks, but 'Blood' will put you to sleep.:rant:

plasterface 12th June 2011 05:23 PM

brain of blood

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 157587)
Jeez, some of the films mentioned are pretty bad, but just watch(for f**k sake don't buy) Al Adamson's 'Brain of Blood'. The guy made some enjoyable cheapo flicks, but 'Blood' will put you to sleep.:rant:

aint seen it but always liked the poster

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th June 2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 157585)
I actually thought Mortuary was a decent little old-fashioned shocker. I enjoyed it and was expecting it to be crap...mind you I enjoyed Hooper's Crocodile a lot too, and the rest of the world seems to hate that....but Paranormal Activity, yes. One of the worst films I've seen in the last couple of years. Truly awful in every way.

It's funny how Diary Of The Dead splits opinion. People either love it or hate it. I loved it - massively.

Crocodile is good fun, i like daft monster films though.

I also love Diary*. I liked that it had been edited together from footage , rather than have you watching the floor for five minutes at a time as in Cloverfield, which really is crap.

*Just as a footnote, Survival is also brilliant and Land better than the original trilogy.

I think i had better post on forums for the insane in future.:crazy:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th June 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 157581)
ok films i like demdike, the shining, psycho, zombie flesh eaters, suspiria , brain damage, brain dead, evil dead 2, the wicker man , carnival of souls, re-animator those are the first few to spring to mind.

:clap:

platostotal 12th June 2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 157589)
aint seen it but always liked the poster

Better off sticking the poster to your tv and staring at it for 90 mins.:lol:

plasterface 12th June 2011 06:16 PM

films

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 157594)
:clap:

ha ha pretty sure i could fill a few pages with just horror films i love, most bad ones i just kind of forget about unless, they are a sequel to something i love ,a shoddy film by a fave director, something i feel is overhyped. always been curious about jeepers creepers 2 as it has ray wise in, but since i found out director victor salva is a paedophile my moral compass wont let me watch it

plasterface 12th June 2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 157598)
Better off sticking the poster to your tv and staring at it for 90 mins.:lol:

:lol::lol:
ps cant believe i forgot to mention drag me to hell

Jani 12th June 2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 157607)
ha ha pretty sure i could fill a few pages with just horror films i love, most bad ones i just kind of forget about unless, they are a sequel to something i love ,a shoddy film by a fave director, something i feel is overhyped. always been curious about jeepers creepers 2 as it has ray wise in, but since i found out director victor salva is a paedophile my moral compass wont let me watch it

Jeezus,is this paedophile thing true?
Oh yeah,have to mention Exorcist II: The Heretic here.If ever there was a messed up sequel...

kingofwitches666 12th June 2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jani (Post 157633)

Fraid so, he abused the young star in his film Clownhouse. Sick f:censored:k. Sorry for going off topic.

wongfeihung62 12th June 2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

I really enjoyed ROTLD 3, but hated part 2.

bdc 12th June 2011 07:56 PM

Have you seen this one? ;)

Carnage Road (Video 2000) - IMDb

platostotal 12th June 2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jani (Post 157633)
Oh yeah,have to mention Exorcist II: The Heretic here.If ever there was a messed up sequel...

Ahhh... The 'Heretic' I'm the same age as Blair and had a huge crush on her, my friends laughed when I said I liked 'Heretic' when we saw it at the cinema, "Whats to like?" they asked, "heaving bosoms" was my reply. they looked at me different after that. heh heh.

plasterface 12th June 2011 09:41 PM

salva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 157640)
Fraid so, he abused the young star in his film Clownhouse. Sick f:censored:k. Sorry for going off topic.

I am always suprised that not many horror fans seem to know this, if he had been british he'd have been hung out to dry , at the mo his latest film is getting publicity it disgusts me but this thread is'nt really the right place to bring up my grievances about the nonce i apologise . anyhoo rtld 2 is like a children's version of the first and the zombie kid is really annoying ,think they dropped the ball with that franchise, never saw 4 or 5 but heard missing nothing

gag 13th June 2011 02:33 AM

Dangerous worry dolls ....Realy so bad iits unreal

InDogWeTrust 13th June 2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 157561)
For some reason my mind is totally blank, but of recent times, Transformers is pretty poor.

There's some really good ones going up here guys!

Demdike I totally disagree with you on this one, Transformers is great! Sure those actors in it are pathetic and pretty boring but to finally have live action Transformers is really cool. I've loved Transformers ever since is was a wee boy!

I definitely have to agree with some others posted though.
Cloverfield, Jeepers Creepers and Paranormal Activity...Those were some of the most boring films i've ever seen! I think i'd rather jump off the empire state building head first into a thumbtack then ever watch those again!

I actually have to disagree with Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I know it's a terrible film but it's actually one of the first horror movies I ever watched. Some buddies and I secretly hired it on VHS from the local Block Buster Video and stayed up really late watching it. Don't know how we even really got away hiring it when we were only like ten! It kind of has sentimental value to it.

:rockon:

One i'm going to have to add myself is Two Thousand Maniacs. I've read reviews and stuff of it online and everywhere it says it's a classic exploitation film. But seriously it has to be another one of the most boring things i've ever seen!

J.R. 13th June 2011 12:27 PM

Worst film ever? Nudist Colony of the Dead... a horror musical comedy that was LAME!!!

Here's a taste:

Nudist Colony of the Dead - Satan song

Baseball Fury 13th June 2011 06:55 PM

Bad Biology, Hell Comes To Frogtown, Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie version!), most Sandra Bullock films.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th June 2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

I'd agree with most of those plasterface.

I much preferred Diary to Land, but it wasn't without its flaws. Mother of Tears is in no way as bad as most people make out, in my opinion, and is still a much better film than the majority made that year. Razorblade Smile is trashy, but is a guilty pleasure of mine. The Descent is brilliant, and is probably the one I disagree with most. However, the rest you listed range from average to poor - although I've seen much worse!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th June 2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 157831)
Bad Biology, Hell Comes To Frogtown, Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie version!), most Sandra Bullock films.

I quite liked Bad Biology, and Hell Comes to Frogtown is such a stupidly great film - a custom-made role for 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, which preceded his unforgettable performance in the fantastic They Live. :coolblue:

Also, I had a major crush on Sandra Bullock when I was younger, but agree that the majority of her films are shit!

Gojirosan 13th June 2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 157845)
Mother of Tears is in no way as bad as most people make out, in my opinion, and is still a much better film than the majority made that year.

Hooray!

I thought I was alone!

plasterface 13th June 2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 157848)
I quite liked Bad Biology, and Hell Comes to Frogtown is such a stupidly great film - a custom-made role for 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper, which preceded his unforgettable performance in the fantastic They Live. :coolblue:

Also, I had a major crush on Sandra Bullock when I was younger, but agree that the majority of her films are shit!

i am a henelotter freak so i liked bad bioligy despite it not been his best work, love frogtown as well enjoyable trash:rockon:

platostotal 13th June 2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 157849)
Hooray!

I thought I was alone!

Nope, count me in too, I think what put people off it is if the Three Mothers did unite would they really wander about as punkette goths:lol: and it should have had a wiz-bang ending. But even with all that I still got a kick out of it, I notice love on here for 'Stendhal Syndrome'...hmmm, not so keen on that one tho.

dream demon 30th June 2011 08:18 PM

Firstly, let's get the obvious one out of the way - anything by Michael Bay. Why his career wasn't killed stone dead by Pearl Harbour I will never know. I can only assume he sold his soul at some crossroads somewhere. ;)

At least Uwe Boll's films are hilariously bad, and as such have a certain entertainment value. :pound: But by all critical standards you could never describe them as 'good'. :lol:

All three of the Star Wars prequels. Just ... awful. :puke:

The Blair Witch Project - probably absolutely terrifying if you haven't seen a horror film before in your life. Otherwise it's as dull as dishwater.

Any number of Film 2000 'sh*t on video' crap-fests. I can't even remember the names of any of them!

And just for the record I love both Diary and Survival of the Dead! :pop2:

plasterface 30th June 2011 09:20 PM

bay of blood y awful films

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 162054)
Firstly, let's get the obvious one out of the way - anything by Michael Bay. Why his career wasn't killed stone dead by Pearl Harbour I will never know. I can only assume he sold his soul at some crossroads somewhere. ;)

At least Uwe Boll's films are hilariously bad, and as such have a certain entertainment value. :pound: But by all critical standards you could never describe them as 'good'. :lol:

All three of the Star Wars prequels. Just ... awful. :puke:

The Blair Witch Project - probably absolutely terrifying if you haven't seen a horror film before in your life. Otherwise it's as dull as dishwater.

Any number of Film 2000 'sh*t on video' crap-fests. I can't even remember the names of any of them!

And just for the record I love both Diary and Survival of the Dead! :pop2:

transformers is a terrible terrible film agreed with everything you said until last sentance a zombie coulkd have made better films

Jani 1st July 2011 12:30 AM

The Blair Witch Project was the biggest letdown ever for me.After all the hype,nothing.Jason X I'll give half a star for being the stupidest slasher ever.

gag 1st July 2011 05:15 AM

Freddy v jason pure utter pants ..

InDogWeTrust 1st July 2011 06:22 AM

Give me your hate I don't care but the fact that 90% of people I know continually quote Step Brothers and Anchorman just puts me on the brink of insanity. Will Farrel is not at all funny, I really don't see why his films are so loved. I can't say I exactly hate Anchorman but **** I wish people would stop quoting those films!

oaxaca 1st July 2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 157533)

Highlander - I have no idea why people view this piece of crap with such affection. Russell Mulcahy's horrendous attempts at visual style never translated well from his rock video home.

Ouch!

To my mind HIGHLANDER is a treasured example of 80s sci-fi/fantasy B-movie with an awesomely bad Scottish accent from Christopher Lambert and a hilarious-hairdo-sporting Sean Connery and a barmy timewarp storyline and vintage 80s SFX. What is not to love about this film!?:woot::rockon: You'll be saying you don't like FLASH GORDON next!?!?!?

This has no right to go anywhere near a "the absolute worst films of all time" thread!:shocked::tongue1: