Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Is it Worth Buying? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/6284-worth-buying.html)

g053584398 6th January 2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 665401)
Thanks. I'd forgotten Odeon released it as well. Even though i have their dvd. :lol:

Edit - It's deleted that's why i'd forgotten about it.

If the Odeon is out of print then the Redemption should do nicely for you then.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th January 2022 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 665402)
If the Odeon is out of print then the Redemption should do nicely for you then.

True. If i want the commentary i can listen via the dvd.

I've found that with quite a few Hammer titles that the dvd has commentaries that aren't on the Blu's.

Obviously i'm not saying Tigon's Blood Beast Terror is a Hammer title but i was just expanding on my opening gambit. :nod:

J Harker 27th January 2022 10:28 PM

Does anyone have I Bury The Living with Richard Boone on dvd? Recommend an edition? There are some cheap discs on ebay but I'm suspicious of the quality. Elstree Hill Entertainment is one label I'm not sold on. There's also a disc by Odeon but I've never heard of them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th January 2022 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 666253)
Does anyone have I Bury The Living with Richard Boone on dvd? Recommend an edition? There are some cheap discs on ebay but I'm suspicious of the quality.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Yes i do. It's an MGM four films on one disc set. They all look great. The Snake Woman is my fave from the set. A lovely British Gothic chiller which Hammer pretty much ripped off for The Reptile.

Cost about a fiver delivered when i originally bought it.

J Harker 27th January 2022 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666255)
Yes i do. It's an MGM four films on one disc set. They all look great. The Snake Woman is my fave from the set. A lovely British Gothic chiller which Hammer pretty much ripped off for The Reptile.

Cost about a fiver delivered when i originally bought it.

Thanks Dem. Can't seem to find that release, though I'd be surprised if it's not sign pricier now. I'm not even sure what it would come under to search for it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th January 2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 666257)
Thanks Dem. Can't seem to find that release, though I'd be surprised if it's not sign pricier now. I'm not even sure what it would come under to search for it.

Mgm movies 4 you. I used that search on Amazon and it brought up the sci-fi set i also have but not the horror one.

Maybe try WowHD or somewhere like that.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th January 2022 10:59 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Timeless-Horr...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

J Harker 28th January 2022 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 666259)

Thanks Dem. That link doesn't work for me. Nor does any amazon linked posted on here. I'll look around a few sites though.

Edit. Found a copy on ebay for £12

nicholasrope 30th January 2022 06:18 PM

I've noticed that 1 of the special features on the Censor release is a documentary called Ban The Sadist Videos.

Is this the same documentary that's on 88 Films release of Night Of The Demon?

Justin101 31st January 2022 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 666383)
I've noticed that 1 of the special features on the Censor release is a documentary called Ban The Sadist Videos.

Is this the same documentary that's on 88 Films release of Night Of The Demon?

It is the same film, weird I didn’t notice it being on both releases, it was originally on the Anchor Bay box sets of previously banned films back in the early 00s in two parts, Box of the Banned parts 1 & 2, it’s directed by the the guy who runs Severin films, David Gregory.