Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Classic Films You Love To Hate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/6982-classic-films-you-love-hate.html)

Prince_Vajda 14th October 2011 02:13 PM

Any film starring Jerry Lewis, James Cagney, or Doris Day...

Any film starring Tom Cruise, Josh Hartnett, or Nicole Kidman...

:puke:

Greetings!

Wes 14th October 2011 02:25 PM

I could never understand people falling over Beyond the Darkness - Joe D'Amato's necrophilia flick... a brain freezing experience from start to finish....

gag 14th October 2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 189921)
Any film starring Jerry Lewis, James Cagney, or Doris Day...

Any film starring Tom Cruise, Josh Hartnett, or Nicole Kidman...

:puke:

Greetings!

Deffo agree on the Tom Cruise,

Baseball Fury 14th October 2011 03:21 PM

The Italian Job - I just really, really dislike it. Unbelievably boring.

Dressed to Kill - Third rate bullshit Hitchcock with a ridiculous end.

Forest Gump - Over-sentinemtal, schmatlzy bubblegum. Basically 3 hours of Spielberg and Zemeckis licking each others bits.

PaulD 14th October 2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 189888)
I used to think the same, until I saw it on the big screen - you really do appreciate it a lot more that way.

Oh man, don't say that! I'm having to pass up the chance to see it on the big screen at 5am on Sunday morning as I have to be in work later that day :(

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th October 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 189876)
Jean Rollin. if A N Y O N E can point me in the direction of a decent (ie non sluggish) film of his, i still probably wouldnt thank you. there, ive said it. i feels much better now doctor:fear:
best cure for insomnia yet.

:eek:

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm a huge Rollin fan. Yes, some of his films are a bit all over the place at times, but you can't argue with 'classics' like The Grapes of Death, Living Dead Girl and Fascination! Oh, and Zombie Lake of course. ;)

Rollin = Genius. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 189905)
Brilliant - top remark.

I love gialli, but it made me laugh.:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 189906)
Me too :D

Me three. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 189944)
The Italian Job - I just really, really dislike it. Unbelievably boring.

Forest Gump - Over-sentinemtal, schmatlzy bubblegum. Basically 3 hours of Spielberg and Zemeckis licking each others bits.

Completely agree with you on these two.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th October 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 189910)
It makes the first seem like the beach landing in Saving Private Ryan

Ah, Saving Private Ryan - a so-called classic that I can't stand!

@ Wes: I'm a massive Cronenberg fan too (easily one of my favourite director's), however I also dislike A History of Violence. Ditto Eastern Promises. Cronenberg needs to go back to his roots and give us another all-out body-horror masterpiece!

I can't think of many other films that are regarded 'classics' that I can't stand.

Apocalypse Now, The Rocky Films, and Titanic are the only ones that I can think of at the moment.

James Morton 14th October 2011 05:49 PM

Classic Films You Love To Hate

not a fan of SIXTH SENSE, SHINING, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, POLTERGEIST, NEAR DARK or anything by Bigelow, FRIGHT NIGHT, CHUCKY, rage not zombie film! 28 DAYS LATER, Jean Rollin - boring, TITANIC, AVATAR - overhyped bore

list goes on.............

Slippery Jack 14th October 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 189873)
I mentioned Dellamorte Dellamore earlier, a film I passionately dispise

Agreed. Saw it for the first time eariler this year and found it annoying as hell, and some of the attempts at humour frankly embarrasing! Still wanna check out Saovi's other stuff though after enjoying Stage Fright . . .

Wes 14th October 2011 06:07 PM

An extraordinary review by the Daily Express from 1960....

In the last three and half years I have carted my travel-stained carcass to some of the filthiest and most festering slums in Asia. But nothing, nothing, nothing - neither the hopeless lepar colonies of East Pakistan, the back streets of Bombay nor the gutters of Calcutta - has left me with such a feeling of nausea and depression as I got this week while sitting through a new Bristish film called Peeping Tom... (Len Mosley, Daily Express)

he didn't like it so...