Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Classic Films You Love To Hate (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/6982-classic-films-you-love-hate.html)

Wes 14th October 2011 12:40 PM

Classic Films You Love To Hate

Inspired by Vendaval Este's courageous admission of his dislike for Zombie Flesh Eaters, I thought I'd kick off a similar discussion - the classics that your friends and fellow board members routinely blow off, but you secretly hate... I mentioned Dellamorte Dellamore earlier, a film I passionately dispise, but probably my biggest contemp, more so than Bond movies is reserved for The Lord of the Rings series - truly an abomination of Cinema....

(be nice now !)

Demoncrat 14th October 2011 12:47 PM

Jean Rollin. if A N Y O N E can point me in the direction of a decent (ie non sluggish) film of his, i still probably wouldnt thank you. there, ive said it. i feels much better now doctor:fear:
best cure for insomnia yet.

Pete 14th October 2011 12:51 PM

SUSPIRIA - I'm sorry but I don't think it's that good.

Wes 14th October 2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 189880)
SUSPIRIA - I'm sorry but I don't think it's that good.

Great choice Pete... I love it myself but great choice....

Pan's Labyrinth, just didn't see anything special about that film... and I hated the ending too...

Rik 14th October 2011 01:02 PM

I used to feel the same way about Suspiria, but I rewatched it yesterday, for the first time in about 9 years and think it's a visual masterpiece.
As for the film I love to hate, Nothing springs to mind right now...I'll have to think about this one

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 14th October 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 189887)
I used to feel the same way about Suspiria, but I rewatched it yesterday, for the first time in about 9 years and think it's a visual masterpiece.
As for the film I love to hate, Nothing springs to mind right now...I'll have to think about this one

I used to think the same, until I saw it on the big screen - you really do appreciate it a lot more that way.

One classic film I hate is Don't Look Now - what a lame film.

Pete 14th October 2011 01:06 PM

I agree with Wes on LORD OF THE RINGS and also, ROCKY, JAMES BOND, THE EXORCIST....

Rik 14th October 2011 01:08 PM

I'd actually been toying with the idea of a thread like this, inspired by one on the Maidenfans forum called Iron Maiden blasphemy, basically what songs etc. you hate that everybody else loves, however I couldn't think of a film to start it off so I never bothered.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2011 01:09 PM

I think Cat O' Nine Tails is a dull plodding mess.

Pete 14th October 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 189887)

To be fair it has been a while since I last saw it, so maybe I should give it another chance.