Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th May 2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 604421)
Snap, not seen previous films to any of them .

Don't. I can almosty guarantee from what you've said in the past about modern movies that you'll hate them as i do, gag.

gag 31st May 2019 09:42 PM

Robert pattinson officially confirmed as new Batman

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...an-1203230054/

gag 1st June 2019 06:40 AM

Tony Todd to return as Candyman in reboot.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/...peeles-reboot/

gag 10th June 2019 12:21 PM

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th June 2019 04:30 PM

This looks like it could be a lot of fun. Imagine waking up in a world where you are the only person who knows all the Beatles' songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3VeHyedL1U

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th June 2019 04:32 PM

Seemingly based on a true story and with some serious thespian talent, The Current War looks like an interesting and informative film about the birth of the electricity industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FTxKFsWz60

gag 13th June 2019 05:51 PM

Rik 13th June 2019 05:52 PM

Was just coming here to post that as well as in the SK thread :thumb:

gag 13th June 2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 605300)
Was just coming here to post that as well as in the SK thread :thumb:

Lol and I've just been over to Stephen king thread as well :lol:.

gag 13th June 2019 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just seen this looks like Black Christmas has been remade, Again.

MrBarlow 13th June 2019 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 605305)
Just seen this looks like Black Christmas has been remade, Again.

Seriously, I know the 2006 version as no masterpiece to the original 1974 but was watchable enough, filmmakers running out of original story lines again?

iank 13th June 2019 10:07 PM

You have got to be fecking kidding me.
What a bunch of terminal assholes.

:rolleyes:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th June 2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 605316)
You have got to be fecking kidding me.
What a bunch of terminal assholes.

:rolleyes:

But, but, but...it's from the producers of Get Out so it's bound to be the best thing since the last crap they made.

gag 13th June 2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605317)
But, but, but...it's from the producers of Get Out so it's bound to be the best thing since the last crap they made.

Which is more majority of films these days.

gag 13th June 2019 10:37 PM

Here the confirmation .

https://www.ihorror.com/black-christ...this-december/

Black Christmas’ Remake Coming from Blumhouse this December

Horror haven Blumhouse has announced a remake of the 1974 classic Black Christmas. The project has set an opening date of December 13, 2019.

Sophia Takal (V/H/S) will direct the film according to The Hollywood Reporter, and will star Imogen Poots (Green Room), Aleyse Shannon (Charmed), Lily Donoghue (Less Than Zero), Brittany O’Grady (The Messengers), and Caleb Eberhardt (Happy!).

This marks the second remake of the original film. The last came in 2006 starring Michelle Trachtenberg, and was panned by audiences and critics alike. It simply didn’t have the magic or suspense of that original film.

Black Christmas centers on a group of sorority sisters who begin receiving mysterious obscene phone calls as they prepare for the holidays. Little do they know that the calls are coming from a deranged killer who begins picking the sisters off one at a time.

That original film was a suspenseful masterpiece that has kept audiences on the edge of their seats for over four decades. It also boasted an all-star cast including Olivia Hussey (IT), Keir Dullea (2001: A Space Odyssey), Margot Kidder (Superman), and Andrea Martin (My Big Fat Greek Wedding). Martin also appeared in the 2006 remake.

While it’s unclear how the studio will approach the film, it actually seems like a perfect fit for the studio after the success of last year’s Halloween.

All eyes will be on Black Christmas and Blumhouse on this one, and iHorror will keep you posted on all the latest news and details as they become available.

gag 13th June 2019 11:06 PM

Banana splits horror movie.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 605320)
Here the confirmation .

https://www.ihorror.com/black-christ...this-december/

Black Christmas’ Remake Coming from Blumhouse this December

Horror haven Blumhouse has announced a remake of the 1974 classic Black Christmas. The project has set an opening date of December 13, 2019.

Sophia Takal (V/H/S) will direct the film according to The Hollywood Reporter, and will star Imogen Poots (Green Room), Aleyse Shannon (Charmed), Lily Donoghue (Less Than Zero), Brittany O’Grady (The Messengers), and Caleb Eberhardt (Happy!).

This marks the second remake of the original film. The last came in 2006 starring Michelle Trachtenberg, and was panned by audiences and critics alike. It simply didn’t have the magic or suspense of that original film.

Black Christmas centers on a group of sorority sisters who begin receiving mysterious obscene phone calls as they prepare for the holidays. Little do they know that the calls are coming from a deranged killer who begins picking the sisters off one at a time.

That original film was a suspenseful masterpiece that has kept audiences on the edge of their seats for over four decades. It also boasted an all-star cast including Olivia Hussey (IT), Keir Dullea (2001: A Space Odyssey), Margot Kidder (Superman), and Andrea Martin (My Big Fat Greek Wedding). Martin also appeared in the 2006 remake.

While it’s unclear how the studio will approach the film, it actually seems like a perfect fit for the studio after the success of last year’s Halloween.

All eyes will be on Black Christmas and Blumhouse on this one, and iHorror will keep you posted on all the latest news and details as they become available.

If it's announced in June and released in December the same year...won't that make it a pretty rushed effort?

Rik 14th June 2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605329)
If it's announced in June and released in December the same year...won't that make it a pretty rushed effort?

It’s probably already completed, just been kept secret like they did with Blair Witch :nod:

Doesn’t mean it won’t be a load of rubbish though :lol:

Justin101 14th June 2019 10:17 AM

You are all so pessimistic :lol:

I bet you it's better than the last attempt :D

gag 14th June 2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 605330)
It’s probably already completed, just been kept secret like they did with Blair Witch :nod:

Doesn’t mean it won’t be a load of rubbish though :lol:

Bad or rubbish :lol: either way some of us will watch it to see out of curiosity to see if it's going to be as bad as we think, who knows might and say might loosely be pleasantly surprised.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th June 2019 06:36 PM

I honestly thought the Banana Splits Movie was a spoof trailer when I first saw it today, then realised it was real.

How could they do this to Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snork?!!

gag 14th June 2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 605366)
I honestly thought the Banana Splits Movie was a spoof trailer when I first saw it today, then realised it was real.

I thought something similar when first read about it few months about.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2019 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I see the Soska sisters have remade Rabid.

I thought American Mary was very good so this holds some interest as well.

Released by 101 Films in October.

gag 15th June 2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605386)
I see the Soska sisters have remade Rabid.

I thought American Mary was very good so this holds some interest as well.

Released by 101 Films in October.

Known this for a while but kinda forgot thanks for the reminder.

Susan Foreman 15th June 2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 605322)
Banana splits horror movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 605366)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 605381)
I thought something similar when first read about it few months about.

I wonder who the target audience is?

Can't really see the youth of today embracing four people in furry animal suits, and I can't see many of the original fans being the kind of people who want to see the Splits in a horror setting

Sadly, I think this adult version of the show, which appears to be a 'DTDVD' release, is ultimately destined for obscurity

gag 18th June 2019 04:57 PM

:nono::nono::nono:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...oduction-year/

Amityville horror prequel.

Amityville Horror’ Prequel ‘Amityville 1974’ Announced and Will Begin Production This Year
Countless official and not-quite-official Amityville Horror films have been released over the years, with most of them focusing on the alleged hauntings rather than the real life DeFeo family murders that made the New York town infamous in the first place. But up next, Amityville 1974 will serve as a prequel to the original classic, Deadline reports today.

The Wonderfilm Media Corporation announced the project today, with Casey La Scala attached to direct and principal photography set to begin this coming November.

La Scala (The Remaining) also wrote the script. Deadline details, “The focus shifts back to the traumatic murders that reputedly set the supernatural stage for the nation’s most notorious haunted-house legend. In November 1974, Ronald DeFeo Jr. shot all six members of his family in a spree killing that took on even more horrific hues a year later when a family bought the notorious property and lived in it for 28 days – a four-week window that became the core story of the Anson novel and its three big-screen adaptations.”

“This is a story that takes its jumping-off point from the true facts surrounding the Defeo tragedy,” La Scala said, “but also focuses on the human drama that took place inside a family as they were relentlessly stalked by a terrifying evil.”

Jeff Bowler, founding partner of Wonderfilm Media, and Shaun Redick (Get Out) will produce for Wonderfilm. Todd Garner (Tag) will also produce. Bret Saxon and Yvette Yates will Executive Produce. Wonderfilm is fully financing the picture and its sister company. Wonderfilm Global, will launch worldwide sales at TIFF.

MrBarlow 18th June 2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 605599)
:nono::nono::nono:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...oduction-year/

Amityville horror prequel.

Amityville Horror’ Prequel ‘Amityville 1974’ Announced and Will Begin Production This Year
Countless official and not-quite-official Amityville Horror films have been released over the years, with most of them focusing on the alleged hauntings rather than the real life DeFeo family murders that made the New York town infamous in the first place. But up next, Amityville 1974 will serve as a prequel to the original classic, Deadline reports today.

The Wonderfilm Media Corporation announced the project today, with Casey La Scala attached to direct and principal photography set to begin this coming November.

La Scala (The Remaining) also wrote the script. Deadline details, “The focus shifts back to the traumatic murders that reputedly set the supernatural stage for the nation’s most notorious haunted-house legend. In November 1974, Ronald DeFeo Jr. shot all six members of his family in a spree killing that took on even more horrific hues a year later when a family bought the notorious property and lived in it for 28 days – a four-week window that became the core story of the Anson novel and its three big-screen adaptations.”

“This is a story that takes its jumping-off point from the true facts surrounding the Defeo tragedy,” La Scala said, “but also focuses on the human drama that took place inside a family as they were relentlessly stalked by a terrifying evil.”

Jeff Bowler, founding partner of Wonderfilm Media, and Shaun Redick (Get Out) will produce for Wonderfilm. Todd Garner (Tag) will also produce. Bret Saxon and Yvette Yates will Executive Produce. Wonderfilm is fully financing the picture and its sister company. Wonderfilm Global, will launch worldwide sales at TIFF.

Wasn't there a film due out called The Amytiville Murders based on the Defeo's story?

trebor8273 18th June 2019 07:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiIUN-7qhE

Will see on Saturday if it was a good or bad idea to do another after the perfect ending that was the third.

gag 19th June 2019 07:35 PM

Another paranormal activity, 7th.
Took my son to cinema to watch first 3 and that was more than enough for me.

https://www.ihorror.com/paramount-bl...activity-film/

Paramount, Blumhouse are Developing Seventh ‘Paranormal Activity’ Film

Paramount studio head and CEO Jim Gianopulos announced today that Paramount will team up once again with Jason Blum and Blumhouse to create a seventh chapter in the Paranormal Activity franchise.

According to Deadline, the announcement came at CineEurope, the longest running trade show and convention for the cinema industry in Europe.

The film is only in the development stage at this point so we have no details on writers, directors, or casting for the project.

We last stepped into the franchise in 2015 with Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension, which saw the technology expanded within the found footage realm so that we could actually, for the first time, see the spirits that had been haunting the ongoing story.

The franchise has made nearly $900 million in the worldwide box office.

Gianopulos also revealed that A Quiet Place 2 has officially begun production, and writer/director John Krasinski appeared via recorded message to talk about the project including the return of his wife, Emily Blunt, for the new film along with a release date set for March 2020.

We’re certainly curious how they will expand the Paranormal Activity universe. Will it be a new story connected to the original in the same way we saw with The Marked Ones? Will we travel deeper into the spirit realm? Is there a part of the story that we’ve not yet learned?

iHorror will be keeping an eye on the project as it develops and will bring you all the latest news as it becomes available.

MrBarlow 19th June 2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 605710)
Another paranormal activity, 7th.
Took my son to cinema to watch first 3 and that was more than enough for me.

https://www.ihorror.com/paramount-bl...activity-film/

Paramount, Blumhouse are Developing Seventh ‘Paranormal Activity’ Film

Paramount studio head and CEO Jim Gianopulos announced today that Paramount will team up once again with Jason Blum and Blumhouse to create a seventh chapter in the Paranormal Activity franchise.

According to Deadline, the announcement came at CineEurope, the longest running trade show and convention for the cinema industry in Europe.

The film is only in the development stage at this point so we have no details on writers, directors, or casting for the project.

We last stepped into the franchise in 2015 with Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension, which saw the technology expanded within the found footage realm so that we could actually, for the first time, see the spirits that had been haunting the ongoing story.

The franchise has made nearly $900 million in the worldwide box office.

Gianopulos also revealed that A Quiet Place 2 has officially begun production, and writer/director John Krasinski appeared via recorded message to talk about the project including the return of his wife, Emily Blunt, for the new film along with a release date set for March 2020.

We’re certainly curious how they will expand the Paranormal Activity universe. Will it be a new story connected to the original in the same way we saw with The Marked Ones? Will we travel deeper into the spirit realm? Is there a part of the story that we’ve not yet learned?

iHorror will be keeping an eye on the project as it develops and will bring you all the latest news as it becomes available.

I thought Ghost Dimensions was to be the last, don't get me wrong enjoyed them but is a seventh really necessary

WowBobWow 20th June 2019 10:25 AM

I liked Covenant and Prometheus, actually enjoyed both more than Aliens which will be heresy to some.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Rik 20th June 2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WowBobWow (Post 605766)
I liked Covenant and Prometheus, actually enjoyed both more than Aliens which will be heresy to some.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

I like them both too, but not even slightly more than Aliens! :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2019 10:39 AM

I'm not as big a fan of any of the Alien films as perhaps i should be. The one i've seen most is probably Alien 4.

I much prefer Arnie's Predator and Predator 2 to any Alien film, in fact i prefer AVP to them as well.

I know it's crazy but that's how it goes. :lol:

gag 20th June 2019 08:27 PM

I personally don't fancy new chucky film, but here 2 reviews.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/movies/childs-play-review.html

I've copied and pasted because can't get link to work.

New York times

‘Child’s Play’ Review: A Robot Chucky Goes Rogue in a Soulless Remake
This slasher retread adds a cautionary tale about artificial intelligence, but its plausibility makes the character less scary.

Remember Chucky, your friend to the end? In “Child’s Play” (1988), he was the Lakeshore Strangler, a serial killer who transferred his soul into a doll.

Nothing supernatural occurs in “Child’s Play” (2019), a soulless remake in every sense. The new Chucky is simply a robot, the handiwork of a disgruntled factory worker in Vietnam. The toy would normally be a devoted companion to Andy (Gabriel Bateman), who has just moved to a new home with his mother (Aubrey Plaza). But Chucky, whose safety protocols and violence-inhibiting features have been removed, becomes fiercely protective. If he can’t be Andy’s friend, nobody can.

In effect, the director Lars Klevberg has delivered a platonic rehash of “Fatal Attraction,” with a three-foot hunk of plastic in the Glenn Close role. Chucky gets his voice from Mark Hamill, a distinguished vocal actor when not on Jedi duties, which are presumably more fun.

This revamped Chucky has a sense of humor, of sorts. He learns his slashing skills from watching the second “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and spouts one-liners like “this is for Tupac” as he stabs. (That reference, like much of the movie, feels way out of date.)

But while we may need to fear the creeping presence of Alexa, Siri and self-driving cars, rogue artificial intelligence is easily explained — unlike, say, a possessed doll that frames a small boy for murder. Paradoxically, plausibility makes “Child’s Play” less scary. (Don Mancini, the series’ creator, has signaled that this movie wasn’t his idea.) In trying to build a smarter Chucky, the filmmakers have assembled something unfathomably

iank 20th June 2019 09:52 PM

So it's garbage.
What a shock. :rolleyes::tongue1:

gag 20th June 2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 605833)
So it's garbage.
What a shock. :rolleyes::tongue1:

Think most ppl figured that out when gave it a whole new make over in every sense.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st June 2019 06:44 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but there's a Halloween sequel coming out next er' Halloween.

Rik 21st June 2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605900)
Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but there's a Halloween sequel coming out next er' Halloween.

Screw the haters, I liked the new film so I’m looking forward to this one too

trebor8273 21st June 2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 605904)
Screw the haters, I liked the new film so I’m looking forward to this one too

Ditto, thought it was a lot better than most of the sequels and liked it forgot the second and that she was not his sister.

Rik 21st June 2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 605908)
Ditto, thought it was a lot better than most of the sequels and liked it forgot the second and that she was not his sister.

Speaking of which :lol:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7d&oe=5D7EA5E5