Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Remakes Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/1130-remakes-thread.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th November 2013 11:12 PM

Not on the list, but the recent Maniac remake has shot up near the top in regards to my favourite remakes. A superb film for anyone who still may not have seen it.

keirarts 26th November 2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 380208)
Seriously? It was dreadful. And not just because it was called Day of the Dead, but because it was like something the Asylum should have released.

Actually a large part of why I liked it. Its an awful film but one I found strangely watchable. I should add here that I ended up buying it for about £2.40 on blu-ray. It's not one I rushed out for but i've seen far, far worse churned out. Those newer Night of the living dead 3d ones come to mind...

Delirium 27th November 2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 380255)
Not on the list, but the recent Maniac remake has shot up near the top in regards to my favourite remakes. A superb film for anyone who still may not have seen it.

Maniac is probably my favourite remake bar none - I forgot that wasn't on the list. It's absolutely superb.

That said though, I really love the original, although I think the remake stands up in its own right as it felt like a pretty fresh take on the subject rather than a by-numbers rehash.

The Hills Have Eyes is the same and Aja did a wonderful job with it. I've never thought much of the original though, unlike Maniac.

gag 24th April 2017 05:32 PM

Not sure if this has been mention before or not .

Alice, Sweet Alice Remake Revived - Horror Movie News and Reviews

Demoncrat 25th April 2017 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 530056)
Not sure if this has been mention before or not .

Alice, Sweet Alice Remake Revived - Horror Movie News and Reviews

Really?
:nono:
I shouldn't be surprised really ...

MrBarlow 30th April 2017 08:19 PM

Hills have eyes was a great remake but the worst remake for me was The Wicker Man. The original Christopher Lee/Edward Woodward will always be a classic horror.

gag 7th May 2017 08:39 AM

117 movie remakes and reboots currently in the works | Den of Geek

Inspector Abberline 7th May 2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 532204)

some of those have been knocking around for years,just another non story,I luv the Blue Thunder remake,using a drone instead of a helicopter? so how is that a remake then? drones are about as scary f**king idiots who fly them,there just annoying.FFS

MrBarlow 8th May 2017 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 532204)

Just had a look at the list, most of these films I saw when I was young and loved but why remake them? Are film execs running out of original film ideas.

Susan Foreman 8th May 2017 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 532379)
Just had a look at the list, most of these films I saw when I was young and loved but why remake them? Are film execs running out of original film ideas.

They did that decades ago!