Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Nordicdusk 24th October 2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662133)
Basically the whole last 10 minutes after the guy comes back on camera and then the girl goes around to her friends flat, but it does build good tension I think, and it's admirable that they made it all online.

Thats it the ending was a bit w***.

bleakshaun 24th October 2021 01:28 PM

Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-poster-md.jpg

It's been 10 years since I saw this and **** me how perspectives can change. I ****ing hated this movie at first. Now I like it, the minions of the vampires move adorably :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. It's so fun the fights are easily the best part.

bleakshaun 24th October 2021 03:15 PM

The Fly

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Fly_poster.jpg

"Cheeseburger!" Has to be the greatest pick up line ever, another one that has been far too long since I saw. So grotesque.

bleakshaun 24th October 2021 05:03 PM

Wishmaster

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Wishmaster.jpg

Less CGI, more physical props don't try to balance it dammit. Still fun to watch.

bleakshaun 24th October 2021 06:26 PM

Hatchet

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...hetmposter.jpg

I always have nothing to ever really complain about when it comes to this film (sure there is issues with the sequels but nothing major). Besides this film was the one that got me properly into horror. Also didn't realise that the blonde in this was the spoilt little girl in Addams Family Values. :lol::lol:

MrBarlow 24th October 2021 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spiders 3D. 2013.

A space station crashes in New York and releases a horde of mutated spiders which grow in the subway system.

it's amazing how whenever a film about falling space debris everyone plays out it's the Russians but in this case, it was the Russians and their strange experiments into the unknown. The acting is not great but not terrible and does over use CGI and was mentioned this was to be the third installment of Spiders and Spiders II, entertaining to pass the time.

Attachment 237198

trebor8273 24th October 2021 07:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VuwCzUgDQY

A group of 20 something's go-to a Halloween festival and soon come to the attention of a deranged killer. A lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be , some good kills and unlike most modern horrors you cared and liked the cast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChksJ8AL9Lk

People have been killed by what is believed to be a satanic cult, a group of girls and boys meet up at a heavy metal concert and end up going the girls home for a party , of course things don't go the way either group is expecting. Enjoayble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqAYR6z7yAU

A classic , with one of the most evil looking kids to grace the silver screen, also a perfect advertisement for not having children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-tgsURVNrI

Another classic , Ok King might of hated it and it's quite different in ways too the novel but it's still a fantastic and chilling film with great performances and direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzFZxB-8cw

Really enjoyed this, we continue the story of Danny Torrance some 30 odd years later who has never gotten over the overlook, Danny gets involved with a young girl who also has the gift off the shining and has come to the attention of the true knot a group of psychic vampires who feed on children who have the shining to keep young, they are led by the chilling Rose the Hat, things come to ahead at the one place Danny never wanted too vist again the overlook. A great sequel with lots a nods too the original and was like going home again after many years when they arrive at the Overlook. I would of liked them to get Nicholson back and use some deaging technology to play Jack again.

Now watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaU2A7KyOu4

Followed by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nlkEY-3CMI

Justin101 24th October 2021 08:49 PM

You must have seen a different version of Hell Fest if you thought the cast was likeable haha :)

MrBarlow 24th October 2021 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Stuff. 1985.

A Ice-cream known as "The Stuff" starts turning people crazy, a industrial espionage expert tries to put a stop to it selling and destroy it.

I saw this back in the VHS tapes days and it never really appealed to me and avoided it, came across it today and after the crap storm I watched it can't be as bad as those films, I have changed my mind about this film, it's awesome, the acting may not be great but it's decent. Larry Cohen is one of those directors that does things on a budget and able to create something new, another guilty pleasure movie for me.

Attachment 237199

iank 24th October 2021 08:58 PM

Rogue. An American tourist finds himself in a battle for survival against an enormous killer crocodile when a trip to the Australian outback goes very, very wrong. Michael Vartan and Radha Mitchell star in this mid 2000s horror thriller that's pretty solid and entertaining. Not sure what the moral is, mind. "Don't come to Australia," perhaps? :lol::behindsofa::tongue1:

trebor8273 24th October 2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662168)
You must have seen a different version of Hell Fest if you thought the cast was likeable haha :)

The main girl was a bit of annoying bitch but the others weren't as bad as most, the first girl definitely deserved it but the main group weren't to bad.

Compared to the twats in wrong turn remake they are downright lovable!

MrBarlow 24th October 2021 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 662172)
The main girl was a bit of annoying bitch but the others weren't as bad as most, the first girl definitely deserved it but the main group weren't to bad.

trebor8273 24th October 2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 662173)

At times I think they make the cast as annoying as they can in American horrors of maybe that's just how they really are in life and that's normal behavior in America.

MrBarlow 24th October 2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 662174)
At times I think they make the cast as annoying as they can in American horrors of maybe that's just how they really are in life and that's normal behavior in America.

Probably have but it ain't just America mate, British movies have done that in the last year, there are films where i'm begging the killer to end their suffering :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th October 2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 662172)

I agree. There was only the annoying short haired mouthy girl that i wished dead from the beginning.

As i said before. I was helping push the guillotine blade down. :lol:

MrBarlow 24th October 2021 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anthropophagus. 1980.

A group of people arrive on a deserted island only for it not to be deserted but has a killer on it.

Joe D'Amato and George Eastman team up for this shocker of a film that landed on the video nastie list...hmmm I wonder why? This may not be for everyone but it's always on my list for this time of year, it's full of gore, things that would make a normal person feel sick, suspense and good killings and keeps me entertained.

Attachment 237205

MrBarlow 25th October 2021 01:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Chilling. 1989.

A cryogenic facility that holds dead bodies in frozen animation it his by a storm, the bodies defrost and turn into zombies.

Different kind of horror movie, this is like experimenting on the dead, harvesting organs, trying to find a cure for their illnesses and seemed to go in a good way, but this falls flat on its face, even having Linda Blair star in this couldn't save it. Really bland script, poor direction and just no real tense or suspense moments. One that doesn't get better the second time for me watching it.

Attachment 237206

MrBarlow 25th October 2021 03:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Crawling Hand. 1963.

The severed hand that belonged to a astronaut who's capsule exploded in space and starts to kill people.

This has it's few moments of B movie fest, it does have it's moments of really bad acting, really ridiculous plot story but probably did inspire Dr terror's House Of Horror story "Disembodied Hand" segment and also its budget is a bit low. Aside from all that think this is one I would come back to watch as it has it's non intentional funny moments and wise crack comebacks.

Remember Eat, Drink and Be Merry.

Attachment 237207

Have a good day :cool:

Nordicdusk 25th October 2021 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 19

Attachment 237210

Newly weds Phillip and Sheila move back from Switzerland to Florida into an old house that hasn't been lived in for many years but the house has been maintained by the loyal caretaker hoping the family that once lived there would return someday. Sheila suffers from a recurring nightmare about a house that looks the exact same as the one they have just moved into. It's not long before strange things start happening in the house and the nightmares are becoming reality but all is not what it seems.

The two main characters made this almost unwatchable honestly the husbands was constantly overly aggressive for no reason with everyone including his wife and then you have the wife in a constant state of whinging it wasn't the state of fear or having a nervous breakdown it was just pure childish whinging very hard to listen to. It was really shaping up to be a good film but these two really distracted me from what was happening. It had its moments but they were few and far between unfortunately.

4/10

Nordicdusk 25th October 2021 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 20

Attachment 237211

In a small ocean town an old widowed lighthouse keeper who lives with his daughter constantly warns people away from the lighthouse but no one in the town has any time for the old man so no one listens to his warnings. There is an old legend in the town about a monster that lives off the point but no one believes in such a tale until two brothers are found slaughtered on the rocks. Most people believe it to be an accident but the town shop keeper seems to be the only one who thinks the legends may not be just that. But old Sturges up in the lighthouse has a very dark secret.

I found this to be pretty slow there was a lot of people just running around talking about what was going on rather than anything actually happening its almost an hour into the film before anything really interesting really happens which is really not good in a 71 minute film. When we do get to see the monster it looks cool but he didn't really get a chance to do much before he is dealt with. A few more monster scenes really would of helped even if we didn't see the monster just knowing he was there lurking and stalking but it wasn't to be.

3/10

Nordicdusk 25th October 2021 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 21

Attachment 237214

60 years ago a ship sank filled with diamonds and the whole unfortunate crew perished trying to save the loot. Word of the sunken treasure has spread far and wide and as a result numerous groups have showed up to dive for the diamonds but after many warnings none of these groups believe the tales that the treasure it guarded by the dead crew who lost their lives along with the diamonds.

I really loved the story it's sort of the same as the fog and i always have a soft spot for anything to do with the sea and ghosts of the sea. The acting is solid and i liked the pacing there was always something interesting happening but during any of the slower parts Grandmother Peters really keeps things held together warning the sailors of the danger and the legend of the treasure certainly my favourite character. There are some great scenes "under water" trying to get into the ship and the zombie attack was great the shots of faces in the deep sea diving suit were a bit stiff and wooden but it's easy overlook that. The zombies themselves have a great look the actors did a good job of looking dead especially those glazed over eyes staring through people not at them. Back on land there are some really effective scenes also which i won't spoil them here.

This was a great film.

7/10

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 662206)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 21

Attachment 237214

This was a great film.

7/10

Good, because i'm getting it for Christmas along with three other Katzman films. :woot:

Nordicdusk 25th October 2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662207)
Good, because i'm getting it for Christmas along with three other Katzman films. :woot:

Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 662208)

Thanks. I have high hopes now. The Katzman box set was a total blind buy.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2021 04:38 PM

October 23rd

2 Attachment(s)
The Masque of the Red Death (1964)

Vincent Price, decadence, death and deceit, luscious visuals, Hazel Court and a deal with the devil, costume balls, virulent plague...

...The best in Roger Corman's Poe cycle. I really need to write a proper review for this.

The new StudioCanal Blu-ray looks exceptionally good.

The Witch (2015)

"Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?"

No plot points or spoilers of any kind of this 17th century set film that takes it's cue from New England folk tales.

I truly cannot rate this film highly enough. Superbly performed with brilliant and authentic use of olde-English language and terrific sound design and an often lingering camera technique all come together to create the most unnerving, bordering on frightening, horror film i can remember seeing.

This was my sixth viewing of The VVitch and it loses none of it's haunting power. Absolutely outstanding. Especially on Blu-ray.

Frankie Teardrop 25th October 2021 04:39 PM

FRANKIE'S BIG SPLASHY HALLOWEENERGASM#10

23/10/21

HIGH LIFE – The ultimate in sci-fi miserabilism, Claire Denis’ ‘High Life’ offers a glimpse into the nightmare future of reproduction after humanity takes to the stars. It follows a space crew made up of ex-cons whose final ‘rehabilitation’, as they all drift towards a black hole, is to serve in some awful experiment involving forced impregnation. A punishingly bleak atmosphere of sexual threat and the isolation of deep space gives way to something touching and bold as Robert Pattinson tries to overcome this squalor by bringing up the child that has resulted from the relocation of his medically purloined sperm… neither cheesily redemptive nor a turn of the screw, this is actually the movie’s most potent section (though maybe it simply wins out by comparison, once you’ve witnessed the grim machinations of ‘the fukc box’.) Visually gorgeous, with an atmosphere that I found utterly haunting, ‘High Life’ is easily the most affecting film I’ve seen all year and is highly recommended.

24/10/21

THE PIT – Sleazy whelp feeds anyone he doesn’t like (which is pretty much everyone) to a pit full of hairy trogs in ‘The Pit’, a film that doesn’t get any less odd as the years roll by. It’s a tonal mess of ‘light-hearted’ granny murdering, growly horror and frank creepiness, all served up in that deadeningly pedestrian seventies TV horror mode (aesthetically I mean, there’s no way this was made for TV). Sometimes it feels like someone started to make a fairly subtle and finely honed psychological portrait of a young deviant, ran out of time, then decided to fill it out with a rush of inexplicable garbage. Or maybe it was intended this way from the outset, someone’s idea of a Dada masterpiece, complete with sinister teddies and opportunistic ghost-placement. Doesn’t matter, it’s still the jewel in the crown of Bad Seed surrealism.

HARDWARE – Though I’ve never really rated Richard Stanley, in my eyes he was at his best with ‘Hardware’, a film that crams every nook and cranny of its non-plot with overblown visual stylisation. The effect is quite intoxicating, not to mention achingly late eighties / nineties, though an obviousness prevents it from attaining the otherworldliness it’s grasping for (unlike, say, a film such as ‘The Hunger’, another case of all style). There’s been a lot of shadowy water under the bridge since this first saw the light of day (another film with a Weinstain pedigree, doubly depressing here), but I have fond memories of ‘zone tripping’ along to it in a friend’s cellar, back in the VHS-compatible mid-nineties.

Nordicdusk 25th October 2021 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 22

Attachment 237217

Forced to land their small plane on a secluded island to avoid a tropical storm an alcoholic actress her assistant and their pilot seek shelter with a German marine biologist carrying out research. This is not the sort of scientific research to understand marine life instead its a deadly research into flesh eating sea creatures.

We get off to a great start when a couple go for a swim and are quickly melted into the sea after that things are slow for the next 40 minutes with a lot of explaining and and trying to get off the island. Once things start happening there are some great deaths and effects but once again after reach such heights it starts to go back down hill a little again but then again it's hard to keep things going at a faster pace when there are only a small cast. The creature scenes and the kills were good but too much of it felt like a cartoon where the bad guy spends too long explaining what and how he is going to do things and how he is going to get away with it and how he can be stopped only to be surprised when he is stopped :lol:

While it did some things right it did a lot wrong.

5/10

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th October 2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 662211)
FRANKIE'S BIG SPLASHY HALLOWEENERGASM#10

23/10/21

HIGH LIFE – The ultimate in sci-fi miserabilism, Claire Denis’ ‘High Life’ offers a glimpse into the nightmare future of reproduction after humanity takes to the stars. It follows a space crew made up of ex-cons whose final ‘rehabilitation’, as they all drift towards a black hole, is to serve in some awful experiment involving forced impregnation. A punishingly bleak atmosphere of sexual threat and the isolation of deep space gives way to something touching and bold as Robert Pattinson tries to overcome this squalor by bringing up the child that has resulted from the relocation of his medically purloined sperm… neither cheesily redemptive nor a turn of the screw, this is actually the movie’s most potent section (though maybe it simply wins out by comparison, once you’ve witnessed the grim machinations of ‘the fukc box’.) Visually gorgeous, with an atmosphere that I found utterly haunting, ‘High Life’ is easily the most affecting film I’ve seen all year and is highly recommended.

Added to my Amazon basket. I'll order the Blu of this next month. Nice one, Frankie.

Frankie Teardrop 25th October 2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662214)
Added to my Amazon basket. I'll order the Blu of this next month. Nice one, Frankie.

Not one to watch in a bad mood. But its aesthetics are great and atmospherically it's excellent. I can imagine some finding it a bit ponderous, but I really rated it.

J Harker 25th October 2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662207)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 662208)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662209)
Thanks. I have high hopes now. The Katzman box set was a total blind buy.

I've not watched any of the others yet but The Werewolf was really fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Justin101 25th October 2021 05:48 PM

Night of the Demons 2 (1994)

https://inpoortaste.ca/wp-content/up...emons-2-03.jpg

I was expecting the worst, but it ended up being one of my favourites from what I've seen for the first time this October. SO MUCH FUN! It's gloopy and toothy and ridiculous. It also features Marcia Brady (Christine Taylor) as a demon. Throw backs to the original movie with Angela's dance, only no Bauhaus this time, we're sexy dancing to Morbid Angel which is bloody brilliant :) This is going to be an annual October viewing for me from now on, will probably double bill with Night of the Demons next year.

Cold Light of Day (1989)

https://wipfilms.net/wp-content/uplo...49m19s8803.jpg

I didn't entirely think this double bill through, from the ridiculously campy to the dark ultra-realism. Based on the killings of Britains own necrophiliac cannibal Dennis Nilsen, although here the names are changed to protect the innocent. Imagine a kitchen sink drama in the style of Der Todesking about a lonely gay man who 'accidentally' kills the man he lives with after he finds out that he has got a job and can potentially move out getting his own place. It's an interesting film but man is it depressing. Not really what I had in mind as Halloween viewing but it's done now :)

Profondo Rosso in 4k tonight, looking forward to it, it's been a few years since I watched it last.

MrBarlow 25th October 2021 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Tommyknockers. 1993.

In small town Haven, writer Bobbi Anderson walks her dogs near the woods and uncovers a piece of metal and decides to dig it up and uncovers a green glow attached to a piece of metal. Soon the town is infected and people start creating something new, but also their personality starts to change and disappearances happening. Bobbi's partner Poet Jim Gardner who is a recovering alcoholic who isn't effected tries to put a stop to it and uncover what is buried in the woods.

From the imagination of Stephen King brings us a new type of horror, made for T.V 2 part mini series then butchered down to a 120-130 minutes released movie, yeah way to go and cut out some good plot lines Trimark shame on you for doing that. Like most Stephen King's work there is mentions of his other work Like the town Maine which King uses as a setting for his stories and mentioning Bobbi's dog acting like Cujo, and basing the Jim Gardner on himself with his past substance abuse.

Marg Helenberger and Jimmy Smits play the lead of Bobbi and Jim who seem attracted to each other through their creative work and try to uncover a buried object that helps the townsfolk be creative as well. E.G. Marshall plays the elderly member of the community that tries to tell his grandson about the woods or as he called them "Big Injun Woods" and explains it to the out of town sheriff John Ashton who seems to have a thing for local officer Joanna Cassidy. The only actress I really can't stand in this is Traci Lords, she does try to over act everyone, and seems to think she may have still been in porn and not a mainstream horror. Decent mini series and a great book to read.

Attachment 237220

Nordicdusk 25th October 2021 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days of unseen horror

Film 23

Attachment 237221

Six old school mate all get invited to a class reunion back at their old school they are all pretty excited to catch up with their old friends and see what they have been up to since they last saw each other. When the day finally arrives they find it odd that they are the only people who have showed up but still eager to get to know each other all over again they hang around for some partying and maybe to reignite so old passions. They are not as alone as they first thought there is a madman stalking them and dispatching them one by one. Is this an old friend they have wronged in the past out for revenge.

Just like most good slashers this one is full on annoying horrible characters that you can't wait to see die not one of them has any likeable characteristic there is no wonder someone wanted them all dead. There are a few really good kills with some great effects even the bathroom scene with had no gore was extremely aggressive and violent it looked very real almost like the actor himself was getting a little too much into it. Each kill is specific to each victim and the sins they have committed in their lives which is very cleverly done when you join the dots it's even more satisfying. One of my favourite and most stand out scenes was the image of the six sitting down to dinner all sitting ion the same side of a long table which looked exactly like the painting of the last supper very fitting with what was about to happen to them all.

I was expecting a run of the mill slasher but this was a very clever film.

7/10

MrBarlow 25th October 2021 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Monster Club. 1981.

A writer of horror meets a vampire and taken to a club where he is told three stories.

The Shadmock

A young woman Angela takes on a job with a recluse in order to steal from him, as they get close he reveals he is a hybrid creature, things don't go well for Angela when she is caught robbing a safe.

The Vampires

Young Linton is bullied at school and never sees his father who sleeps during the day, he meets a man called Pickering and reveals he is a vampire hunter and believes Linton's dad is a vampire.

The Ghouls

A film director doing scouting locations for his next film finds a isolated village and uncovers a horrible secret about the village.

John Carradine plays the ageing novelist who meets vampire Vincent Price, what a way to start a film off with two great actors face to face and head to a building filled with monsters and explanation what they are and a small background band. Roy Ward baker teams with Milton Subotsky for more anthology tales. The stories are told greatly even Donald Pleasance as a vampire hunter is decent, he may not be Van Helsing but does know how to drive a stake through the heart and Richard Johnson gives a hilarious death.

The last segment does give that creepy vibe, it's like one of those places you come across accidentally and just want to get out of there quick and never look back. Patrick Magee gives another terrific performance as a father of a girl from the village and has that menacing look on his face. Entertaining movie.

Attachment 237225

MrBarlow 25th October 2021 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Vampire. 1957.

A doctor takes tablets made from vampire bats and he slowly turns into a vampire.

This was a blind watch for me and to be honest this wasn't that bad, different take on the vampire genre, that shows a doctor accidentally taking the tablets, it's like The Wolf Man, Larry talbot didn't want to be a monster but can't really change. John Beal playing the doctor you can't help feel sympathy for him. The pace does go well from start to finish and great acting all around.

Attachment 237227

MrBarlow 26th October 2021 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Faculty. 1998.

At Herrington High some pupils start to notice odd behavior amongst the teachers and the students.

Late 90s take on The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers from Robert Rodriguez who normally goes over the top with action and blood splatter but this is quite toned down for him. Elijah Wood becomes the somewhat sci-fi goof ball who thinks aliens have arrived and needs help from goth sci-fi know it all Clea DuVall and brainac drug dealing student Josh Hartnett. Before driving fast cars Jordana Brewster stars as the chief editor of the school paper and skeptic journalist. When I saw this back in early 2000s I was hesitant and didn't think it would appeal to me but I was wrong, the acting is good, decent visual effects and not too much CGI is used.

Attachment 237228

MrBarlow 26th October 2021 03:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Terror. 1963.

A French Army Officer separated from his unit receives help from a young lady and is taken to a castle where he uncovers a secret from the baron.

Roger Corman made this between doing tales from Edgar Allen Poe and was helped by Francis Ford Coppola who done four days work, Jack Nicholson stars as the stranded soldier and is taken to meet the baron of the castle Boris Korloff who always gave out great performances and always looks sinister, stick this guy in front of a camera and let him work his magic. The interior of the castle has always amazed me with this on. Towards the end of the film it does get a bit campy but it's always been good to watch every now and again.

Attachment 237229

have a good day all.

Justin101 26th October 2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 662242)
The Faculty. 1998.

At Herrington High some pupils start to notice odd behavior amongst the teachers and the students.

Late 90s take on The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers from Robert Rodriguez who normally goes over the top with action and blood splatter but this is quite toned down for him. Elijah Wood becomes the somewhat sci-fi goof ball who thinks aliens have arrived and needs help from goth sci-fi know it all Clea DuVall and brainac drug dealing student Josh Hartnett. Before driving fast cars Jordana Brewster stars as the chief editor of the school paper and skeptic journalist. When I saw this back in early 2000s I was hesitant and didn't think it would appeal to me but I was wrong, the acting is good, decent visual effects and not too much CGI is used.

Attachment 237228

This is one of my fav Nostalgia movies :) Josh Hartnett's hair in this film was SO fashionable at the time :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th October 2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 662250)
This is one of my fav Nostalgia movies :) Josh Hartnett's hair in this film was SO fashionable at the time :D

I saw Hartnett in a film last night with the on screen credit 'Introducing Josh Hartnett'.

Yes, it was Halloween H20

Justin101 26th October 2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662256)
I saw Hartnett in a film last night with the on screen credit 'Introducing Josh Hartnett'.

Yes, it was Halloween H20

That's my Saturday night movie :D or one of them anyway.