Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464245)
Cheers. Thanks for that.

The Severin release is fine after the opening sequence. Plus it has extras.

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464246)
The Severin release is fine after the opening sequence. Plus it has extras.

I should mention I have an awful release not the Severin, I've just been cheap and holding out for a blu-ray release. I held out for The Harder They Come on blu and it happened so why not this?

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 464248)
I should mention I have an awful release not the Severin, I've just been cheap and holding out for a blu-ray release. I held out for The Harder They Come on blu and it happened so why not this?

Is it the one with the US title? I forget what it's called - Death Dealers perhaps?

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464249)
Is it the one with the US title? I forget what it's called - Death Dealers perhaps?

Yes, Death Wheelers. I don't mind a dodgy picture or sound but this was barely watchable.

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 464243)
The 'connections' idea sounds like a good one.

I've been a little lax in respect to forward planning when it comes to my viewing. I've just been grabbing stuff that takes my fancy - mostly new additions to my collection I want to watch and the usual Love Film rentals.... however Love Film have been a bit crap with what they've been sending me, but I guess that's kinda my fault too... shit in/shit out after all. I've been meaning to re-appraise some of the earlier F13th films for instance (not being a big fan of the franchise as a whole) and they sent me Part 2 around the middle of September... after choking that down they sent me Part 3 on Saturday... :eek: I was pretty much 'Fridayed' out for the year already but now Jason can go suck a hockey stick. Hopefully the titles start to improve over the coming weeks. I did watch The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein today though so things aren't all bad.

It makes it easier to choose what you go for next for those of us overwhelmed by our collections as it cuts down the possibilities and makes it interesting. I can't even remember what I received from Lovefilm, nothing quite Octoberish.

Make Them Die Slowly 11th October 2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 464240)
Witchfinder General is up next (tomorrow) due to the Nicky Henson connection.

I would have gone with Beryl and Moon Cat!

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 464253)
I would have gone with Beryl and Moon Cat!

Nah, if it was Beryl I'd have hoped to have had a cheap copy of The Beast in the Cellar to watch. But anyway I had already planned to leap to The Sorcerers after.

Make Them Die Slowly 11th October 2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 464254)
Nah, if it was Beryl I'd have hoped to have had a cheap copy of The Beast in the Cellar to watch. But anyway I had already planned to leap to The Sorcerers after.

I figured you would go for The Sorcerers but Holiday on the Buses is always an option if you choose Wilfrid Brambell as your link.

SharonLynette 11th October 2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 464255)
I figured you would go for The Sorcerers but Holiday on the Buses is always an option if you choose Wilfrid Brambell as your link.

Holiday on the Buses will be watched again before the end of the year but not until December, that's when all the On the Buses films are watched and enjoyed, well, at least by me.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 464255)

Surely sticking with the tenuous link of Henson and going for a Muppet movie would be a far better option. ;)

As for me it will be Goodbye Gemini in a few minutes. Not seen it before and i'm really looking forward to it.