Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 28th October 2021 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Howling IV: The Original Nightmare. 1989

A novelist suffering a breakdown in health relocates to a small town and discovers secrets of the town and it's connection to werewolves.

Why try to remake something that didn't need a remade, the first is great horror, dark atmospheric, great special effects, this was very low budget that started off good then fizzled out from when we see the town of Drago. The actors do try to make it good but really does fall flat at the end. Luckily enough one of the writers returned for Howling V and made that one more entertaining and more horror.

Attachment 237289

MrBarlow 28th October 2021 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Howling VI: The Freaks. 1991.

A drifter arrives in a small town and helps out restoring the church, soon after a carnival arrives with it's own freak show, the drifter and owner who know each other try to keep their secrets.

This one I wasn't keen on at first watch but when Bruce Payne is in the film it did grow on me. Payne plays Harker the owner of the carnival looking for more oddities for his freak show collection. Like number IV this is slow paced but still somewhat entertaining, the make up effects for are done decently for the freak show and decent werewolf costumes, don't expect this to be a masterpiece like the first film but has the dark atmosphere is parts.

Attachment 237290

Justin101 28th October 2021 09:34 AM

Dire-logue... I love it :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2021 01:47 PM

October 27th

1 Attachment(s)
Halloween II (2009)

Still shit.

No suspense nor on screen gore. The editing of the kill scenes is atrocious. Comfortably Rob Zombie's weakest film by a mile.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2021 02:11 PM

I'm actually looking forward to November and the end of the Horror Marathon.

You see then i can go back to all these 'new to me' Blu-rays and explore some of the bountiful extra features.

Night of the Demon, The Fog, Masque of the Red Death and many more... can't wait.

MacBlayne 28th October 2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662416)
Halloween II (2009)

Still shit.

No suspense nor on screen gore. The editing of the kill scenes is atrocious. Comfortably Rob Zombie's weakest film by a mile.

BOOOOOO!!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 662420)
BOOOOOO!!!

Best part of the film was Weird Al Jankovic

"I'm a little confused. Are we talking about the "Austin Powers" Mike Myers or is this someone else?"

:skull:

MacBlayne 28th October 2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662422)
Best part of the film was Weird Al Jankovic

"I'm a little confused. Are we talking about the "Austin Powers" Mike Myers or is this someone else?"

:skull:

You can thank the Weinsteins for that. They insisted on a Weird Al cameo. Zombie and Weird Al were both confused about it afterwards.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th October 2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 662423)
You can thank the Weinsteins for that. They insisted on a Weird Al cameo. Zombie and Weird Al were both confused about it afterwards.

It should have been part of the Howard Stern Show. I could imagine Stern asking that exact same thing. :skull:

MacBlayne 28th October 2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 662424)
It should have been part of the Howard Stern Show. I could imagine Stern asking that exact same thing. :skull:

Funnily enough, on the Joe Rogan podcast, Zombie recalls a failed film production in the late 90s, in which, after Private Parts topped the box-office, he was pestered by the studio to make a part for Howard Stern.