Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 26th October 2022 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
976-Evil. 1988.

Bullied high schooler Hoax brought up by a religious mother and protected by older cousin Spike, dials up Dr Dark for a horror scope but may end up giving his soul as a bargaining.

Robert Englund directorial debut who also directed two episodes of Freddy's Nightmares actually done a decent job with this and certainly could have done more directing jobs but guess it didn't appeal to him.

I will admit I loved this film from the VHS era and now it is a cheese fest film even with Sandy Dennis trying to be the over bearing religious mother to Stephen Geoffreys and aunt to Patrick O'Brien. The first half may be a bit slow after having patience it does get better with the journalist Jim Metzler who investigated the rain of fish and tries to get to the bottom of the phone service run by Mark Dark played by Robert Picardo in a small role and provides the voice. The film isn't as bad as it's made out to be but entertaining.

Attachment 242842

Up next Macabre

Justin101 26th October 2022 02:42 PM

I like it, it’s so of it’s time which is the the horror films I grew up watching, I’d missed all the actual good ones from the 80s and only had the last hurrah of the genre as my classroom haha. At this point a man used to come around each week with videos to rent as most of the shops had closed down, so the choice wasn’t as good. Remember one night renting this and the following week getting it out again lol.

Nordicdusk 26th October 2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 677822)
I like it, it’s so of it’s time which is the the horror films I grew up watching, I’d missed all the actual good ones from the 80s and only had the last hurrah of the genre as my classroom haha. At this point a man used to come around each week with videos to rent as most of the shops had closed down, so the choice wasn’t as good. Remember one night renting this and the following week getting it out again lol.

The old video man in the van all the dad's hanging around for the kids to pick a film so they could get the "ART" films from the dad's section the front seat under the tartan blanket :skull:

Justin101 26th October 2022 03:13 PM

I wouldn't know about that I lived with my Gran and she'd send me out on my own, no speciality videos were on offer haha

MrBarlow 26th October 2022 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Macabre. 1980.

Somewhat based on a true story of a woman living in a boarding house with a blind landlord and keeps the head of her dead lover in her locked freezer and brings it out to "Tickle her Pickle". Bernice Stegers plays the traumatised cheating wife who witnesses her lover being killed and retreats back to the love shack building owned by blind man Robert played by Stanko Molar. A blind man trying to figure out what exactly is going on and curiosity gets the better of him does actually work, the film relies more on suspense, atmosphere and good acting rather than blood and guts. Veronica Zinny plays the creepy daughter who gives out a half smile, half grin during a meal who knows what her mother is up to. Worth checking out.

Attachment 242846

Frankie Teardrop 26th October 2022 04:25 PM

SATOR – Another cabin, another woods, but ‘Sator’ goes in deep. Deeper than most, anyway. Whereas countless others take the route of simply setting up and lighting the blue touch paper on a resource-friendly situation with inbuilt horror value (an isolated hut in the middle of a huge forest is never not going to lend itself to the genre), ‘Sator’ totally delves into the darkness beyond the treeline. It’s really, really moody. So much so that I imagine many will find its whole enterprise a bit of a turn-off; judging by what I’ve read online it does tend to split viewers into those who find its murk laborious to sit through, and those who go with and get something from the constant twilit atmosphere. From what I’ve said, you’ll gather it’s not big on plot. The approach is indirect, something you’ll just have to figure out between the lines, but basically a guy who lives in a cabin becomes increasingly obsessed with a woodland entity known as ‘Sator’, and we follow his unravelling and discover how it all relates to his similarly involved family. Its final section ramps up to provide a few gory thrills and some more obvious creature imagery, but most of ‘Sator’ is as tortuous as waiting for something dreadful to happen. I fully intend this as a compliment, I really admire the film’s ability to cast such a long shadow of unease without faltering or in my view becoming tiresome. It might not work as well if the visual ambience, the look and feel of the deep woods, was lacking, but Jordan Graham has done an excellent job on that side (and pretty much every everything else – he directed, wrote, photographed edited). In the end it depends, as always, on what you want. More than likely it won’t sate your desire for labyrinthine storylines packed with drama and event, but if your idea of horror is a journey to the heart of the woods, you might find ‘Sator’ waiting for you there.

nicholasrope 26th October 2022 05:11 PM

The Legend TV Channel Website as the first Terrifier Film scheduled for Halloween

Nordicdusk 26th October 2022 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 25

Attachment 242848

A woman is chosen as the new queen of a satanic cult against her will.

This was a difficult watch horrible acting stupid story at only 70 minutes it still felt too long it just dragged on and on and on. It felt more like a film school project there wasn't even any t*ts during the ritual scenes WORST SATANIC CULT EVER.

Demoncrat 26th October 2022 07:36 PM

Barbarian (2022)

Liked this one now. I may quibble about some of the cast's decisions, but recommended is all I'll say.

Justin101 26th October 2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 677829)
Barbarian (2022)

I'm still watching this one btw. Set up is reasonable, but the protagonist has just done something really silly imho. Hmmm. Back soon!! :rolleyes:

Is this a home invasion film?