Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2015 05:27 PM

Whilst watching Trick r' Treat again last night the same thing hit me as it always does.

When Dylan Baker attempts to bury the boys body and keeps being distracted by Brian Cox, the boy is clearly alive and trying to cry out. Once he's killed him and finished with the grave he goes into the house empty handed meets his son and they go into the basement and begin carving the kids head.

This sequence is just wrong. At what stage did he lop the kids head off? It wasn't when he was in the grave as we see him begin to fill up the hole with soil.

In the context of the film which beautifully slots together each strand it stands out a mile that this is one major error.

trebor8273 30th October 2015 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next viewing and I'll try to finish this time

Attachment 171780

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2015 10:54 PM

Just four more films to go this year.

Halloween
Halloween II
All Hallows Eve
Murder Party.

Justin101 31st October 2015 09:09 AM

I ended up watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 last night, I bought the Arrow blu when it first came out, worrying that if I didn't grab it quick I'd miss out and it's still available :lol:

Never seen it before, and it's not even in the same league as the original so it's pointless comparing the two! I thought it was a fun flick, so 80's it hurt though. A hard rock radio station, frat boys, car phones :lol: and buckets of blood! It managed to be savage and slapstick at the same time which is an accomplishment I think although the last 20 minutes was just a rehash of the first film but not done in a fun way like Evil Dead 2 so ended up just being unoriginal.

Not great but not terrible either! :chainsawkill:

MacBlayne 31st October 2015 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6iP0WLsU8

First viewing of the day -

Inspector Abberline 31st October 2015 11:43 AM

The League of Gentlemen - Series 1

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't get time to watch a film last night but started LOG series one and carried on this morning, probably as grotesque as any horror tv show made recently and still as funny.

Attachment 171806

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st October 2015 11:59 AM

Yesterday I watched Horns, which was a Love Film rental and something I hadn't seen before. I honestly thought it would be nothing more than a mediocre teen targeted effort (what with Radcliffe being the lead), but it actually really surprised me. Some dodgy CGI aside I ended up thoroughly enjoying it and would definitely seek it out again.

Then I watched the terrible but entertaining '80s cheese-fest that is Blood Beach.

Finally, I watched something a little unconventional (in terms of horror anyway) last night that took my over into the early hours of this morning and a film that has been a firm favourite of mine since I fist watched it 20 years ago: The Crow. Whilst not 'horror' as such, it certainly imbibes the Halloween vibe.

Today will hopefully consist of viewings of the phenomenal anthology that is Trick 'r Treat as well as Carpenter's Halloween and hopefully its follow-up Halloween II - after a home-cooked Chinese banquet, and amongst candle light and copious amounts of mulled wine.
:pumpkin: :broomstick: :skull: :grim: :bat: :vamp:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

MacBlayne 31st October 2015 12:11 PM

Fright Night is over (what a wonderful, joyful film). I'm moving onto RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst: Halloween Special.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2015 12:43 PM

I managed to cram an additional film in last night. The 1931 classic Frankenstein.

Many people prefer it's sequel but for me this is the definitive Universal monster movie and the film that arguably spawned the horror genre full stop.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2015 12:44 PM

So tonight will be Halloween, Halloween II and Murder Party to kick off with.