Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The Best Of British Horror Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/1480-best-british-horror-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th July 2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 33722)
It seems to divide people but I quite enjoyed The Descent.

A class act V.Very atmospheric and claustrophobic.:cool:

Kyle 13th July 2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 33724)
Mum and Dad and The Children are both (IMO) good examples of recent Brit horror. We Brits still have it in us to make decent, shocking horror movies. The Cottage wasn't half bad either.

And yes, in answer to a poster above, I do consider Hellraiser to be pretty much British, in spite of American redubs.

yeah i do too, i loved mum and dad, the children and eden lake

Make Them Die Slowly 13th July 2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 33784)
yeah i do too, i loved mum and dad, the children and eden lake

I thought "Eden Lake" was pure rubbish,I'm more of a fan of '50s juvenile delinquent films which I thought "Eden Lake" was a modern spin on-grab a headline and make a film out of it.

"Mum and Dad" was good fun and "The Children" was really impressive.

Kyle 13th July 2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 33785)
I thought "Eden Lake" was pure rubbish,I'm more of a fan of '50s juvenile delinquent films which I thought "Eden Lake" was a modern spin on-grab a headline and make a film out of it.

"Mum and Dad" was good fun and "The Children" was really impressive.

the only thing i didnt like about eden lake was the woman , she was so thick apart from that i loved it

Make Them Die Slowly 13th July 2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 33786)
the only thing i didnt like about eden lake was the woman , she was so thick apart from that i loved it

One thought I had whilst watching it was why is she wearing a low cut dress for camping.

I also thought it could be seen as a British take on all the recent hillbilly/mutant/redneck flicks that have been everywhere post TCM remake and "Wrong Turn".

Kyle 14th July 2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 33787)
One thought I had whilst watching it was why is she wearing a low cut dress for camping.

I also thought it could be seen as a British take on all the recent hillbilly/mutant/redneck flicks that have been everywhere post TCM remake and "Wrong Turn".

yeah but with chavs instead of rednecks :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th July 2009 07:04 PM

Eden Lake was excellent IMO.
A sad reflection of the scum that roams Britain's streets today.:mad:

kathyacker 20th July 2009 05:13 PM

wot, no 'vampire circus'?

i voted for 'the wicker man', but VC is my second favourite. i think its maybe the most surreal, erotic, and artistically ambitious hammer film, and certainly the most underrated.

mark meakin 20th July 2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyacker (Post 34780)
wot, no 'vampire circus'?

i voted for 'the wicker man', but VC is my second favourite. i think its maybe the most surreal, erotic, and artistically ambitious hammer film, and certainly the most underrated.

"One lust feeds the other !":laugh:
Joking aside,it's certainly one of Hammers best.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th July 2009 10:17 PM

There's a lot not there on the poll.Unfortunately the number of options at the time were limited.:pout: