Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The EVIL KIDS THREAD (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/1810-evil-kids-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th November 2009 11:43 PM

The EVIL KIDS THREAD

10 Attachment(s)
Evil kids.Pesky little buggers ain't they?
What's your fave nasty child flick,and why?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th November 2009 11:48 PM

The Omen and the Damned films were class,as is Who Can Kill A Child?
The Other 1972 was another chilling portrayl.

vincenzo 12th November 2009 11:51 PM

Remember Bloody Kids? Absolutely brilliant. :nod:

Pete 13th November 2009 12:05 AM

I thought Bloody Birthday was quite good, although the kid with the glassess is a little **** face!

John Carpenter's Village of the Damned remake is a load of crap!

Vampix 13th November 2009 12:53 AM

Anyone remember Mark Lester in Night Hair Child? :shocked:

Gojirosan 13th November 2009 01:17 AM

I've always been intrigued by Mikey and never managed to see it. Did the BBFC ever pass it?

I still remember the press screening being cancelled at the last minute...

Angel 13th November 2009 06:13 AM

No the BBFC banned Mikey in 1996 and it hasn't been re-submitted since. Needless to say it wouldn't be banned today. I would like to see it as well.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th November 2009 07:16 AM

Who Can Kill a Child? is easily my favourite and highly recommended for those who haven't seen it. :nod:

Philleh 13th November 2009 09:30 AM

I'm not sure if it falls into this bracket, but Orphan was a pleasant surprise!

I'm also a big fan of The Good Son.

mark meakin 13th November 2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 47754)
I've always been intrigued by Mikey and never managed to see it. Did the BBFC ever pass it?

I still remember the press screening being cancelled at the last minute...

I saw the time code of Mikey & you're not missing much.The ban was absolutely ridiculous.I like THE BAD SEED (Warner)though the censors enforced a happy ending after the moppets electrocution where she's spanked after a curtain call !.Love The Omen (A firm favourite) with its creepy performance from the young Harvey Stephens & The Village Of The Damned too.You could also add Pet Sematary though I'm not a fan of the film.

vincenzo 13th November 2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 47753)
Anyone remember Mark Lester in Night Hair Child? :shocked:

One freaky film that would definitely still have BBFC problems today.

Gojirosan 13th November 2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 47795)

I've never seen it but long wanted to. I remember reading about it a year or so ago and thinking that I would probably never get to see it released in the UK!

It sounds utterly tripped out. I'd love to track it down. Does anyone know what state the DVD released as "What The Peeper Saw" is in? Is it complete? Is it of OK quality? Should I just shut up and buy it? :lol:

mark meakin 13th November 2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 47797)
I've never seen it but long wanted to. I remember reading about it a year or so ago and thinking that I would probably never get to see it released in the UK!

It sounds utterly tripped out. I'd love to track it down. Does anyone know what state the DVD released as "What The Peeper Saw" is in? Is it complete? Is it of OK quality? Should I just shut up and buy it? :lol:

It's a bootleg,but it's as good as we're likely to get for the moment.I keep meaning to buy it but there's always something else appears I want more.Some many discs,never enough dough !.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th November 2009 11:57 AM

Anyone seen the Master of Horror episode: The Fair Haired Child? Not the best MOH episode but pretty good nonetheless.

vincenzo 13th November 2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 47797)

It was originally cut for cinema, then cut even more heavily for the cinema re-release.

Angel 13th November 2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Might be wrong but can't see this film ever being picked up for DVD here.

The Children is my favourite on the list.

vincenzo 13th November 2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 47809)
Might be wrong but can't see this film ever being picked up for DVD here.

Me neither. It just wouldn't be worth it. Some former PCA problem films are now uncut but this definitely wouldn't be one of them. Ditto for Private Lessons.

Vampix 13th November 2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I saw it on telly years ago, it was more than likely cut though.I still remember the freakiness of this film to this day!

mark meakin 13th November 2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 47830)
Me neither. It just wouldn't be worth it. Some former PCA problem films are now uncut but this definitely wouldn't be one of them. Ditto for Private Lessons.

Even the US & Korean (The version I have) dvds of PL are pixellated due to some frontal nudity from Kristel in one scene,though they are otherwise uncut.

vincenzo 13th November 2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 47835)
Even the US & Korean (The version I have) dvds of PL are pixellated due to some frontal nudity from Kristel in one scene,though they are otherwise uncut.

I have the US DVD too, plus the old (heavily cut) Braveworld video for comparison. I haven't seen the current Cinema Club version though apparently it's been re-edited in a similar way.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th November 2009 10:09 PM

Finished watching Julie Darling.A right little nasty bitch,this.
Sybil Danning,as usual doesn't skimp when it comes to baring her assets,and the climax is rather nasty and downbeat.
A thoroughly recommended little slice of exploitation.
One which deserves a decent DVD going over.

Gojirosan 16th November 2009 10:11 PM

I've not yet seen Don't Deliver Me From Evil...do they count as "kids"?

Philleh 19th November 2009 09:33 AM

I watched a great evil kid flick the other night, it was called Joshua and stars Sam Rockwell and the lass from Orphan and The Departed; it's recommended for fans of evil kiddies!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th November 2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 48626)
I've not yet seen Don't Deliver Me From Evil...do they count as "kids"?

Yeah, certainly. Which makes it all the more disturbing when they are trying to 'make it' with almost every guy in the film... :shocked:

Gojirosan 19th November 2009 12:33 PM

I tried to watch Night Hair Child yesterday (but fell asleep on the couch before the end...d'oh!).

What a bloody weird film that is!!! I was so tired I wasn't sure if I was dreaming bits of it!

I wanted to punch Mark Lester in the face even more than I did in Oliver!...quite an achievement!

Just...strange! Going to watch it again later. See if I can work out what was going on in the heads of the people behind it! :lol:

Why is Andrea Bianchi credited as the director on The Continent?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 07:05 PM

Anyone seen any good nasty brat films lately?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 140940)
Anyone seen any good nasty brat films lately?

I thought that Wake Wood could easily fit into this sub-genre of horror. :nod:

Make Them Die Slowly 5th April 2011 07:48 PM

"The Pit" is well worth a look with it's killer kiddie feeding people to little monsters who live in a hole in the ground in the local woods. Also "The Children", not the recent one but the American one from either the late 70s or early 80s where killer kiddie zombies can only be killed by having their hands cut off!!!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 07:51 PM

I've still got that Troma DVD!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 140941)

Yeah,bit of nasty 'un that eh?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 140941)

As could LET ME IN.:nod:

nekromantik 5th April 2011 08:16 PM

I LOVE killer kid movies ha ha
Children was ok I thought. I own the blu paid about £8 for it for some strange reason!
Wake wood is awesome though.

Eden Lake and Them are not supernatural kids but still kids ha ha

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th April 2011 08:24 PM

Yeah,and evil little shits.

Especially in Eden Lake.....if one movie wanted me to turn into Paul Kersey or John Eastland,then it was this......:chainsaw:

kingofwitches666 5th April 2011 10:39 PM

The weird mutant kids in The Brood still freak the hell outta me! :fear:

nekromantik 5th April 2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 141032)
The weird mutant kids in The Brood still freak the hell outta me! :fear:

Brood was awesome! :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 07:27 PM

Yeah another nasty kids classic!

Those midgets in the kitchen scene was superb!

Victhulhu 12th April 2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 141036)
Brood was awesome! :nod:

Have to agree, The Brood is fantastic! That, along with Village of the Damned are my two favourite creep kid movies.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 10:47 AM

Psycho Kids!

Hi everyone!

Kids can be a nightmare at times - there's no denying that - and cinema has long played with this idea of evil, psychotic kids. Normally in horror films such as The Omen and The Exorcist, it can often work really well.

There's a new film coming out soon on DVD/Blu-ray called The Aggression Scale which is meant to be a gruesome version of Home Alone. It's about a couple of kids who don't play nicely when a group of thugs attempt to kill them. It also stars Ray Wise from Mad Men and Reaper as well as Derek Mears! The film really takes the psycho kids theme to the extremes - I highly recommend checking this one out!

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2012/04/20.jpg

Sam's blog on the subject - The Aggression Scale: PSYCHO KIDS!

So what are some other Psycho kid films? Which are the best? The worst? :)

Splatterdragon73 27th July 2012 11:13 AM

The Children Of Ravensback, The Children Of The Corn, Bloody Birthday and The Brood. Little horrors the lot of 'em!:mmph:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th July 2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 260727)
The Children Of Ravensback, The Children Of The Corn, Bloody Birthday and The Brood. Little horrors the lot of 'em!:mmph:

Great titles there SD! Totally forgot about Bloody Birthday though - that's a great little slasher film. Birthday cake anyone? ;)