Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   The films of NORMAN J WARREN (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/2272-films-norman-j-warren.html)

dream demon 1st November 2011 02:13 PM

Coincidently, I just received the ABUK Norman J. Warren coffin box set (along with The Tigon Collection) from my parents for my birthday, but have yet to delve into them, other than the Blood On Satan's Claw special features. Looks like I'm going to have to give Satan's Slave a spin very soon. :pop2:

mark meakin 1st November 2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 194495)
Coincidently, I just received the ABUK Norman J. Warren coffin box set (along with The Tigon Collection) from my parents for my birthday, but have yet to delve into them, other than the Blood On Satan's Claw special features. Looks like I'm going to have to give Satan's Slave a spin very soon. :pop2:

I'm lucky enough to own all the AB 'Coffin' sets which are excellent bar the pain in the arse disc holders which cracked a couple of my discs in the Warren set.:eek:

dream demon 1st November 2011 07:26 PM

Yeah, they're not the best, and I would also be worried about the discs getting scuffed as they don't offer much protection. By the way, did the Norman J. Warren box come with a booklet? My Tigon set had one, but the other set didn't.

Make Them Die Slowly 1st November 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 194565)
Yeah, they're not the best, and I would also be worried about the discs getting scuffed as they don't offer much protection. By the way, did the Norman J. Warren box come with a booklet? My Tigon set had one, but the other set didn't.

The Warren set should have a booklet and a sheet listing the special features.

Splatterdragon73 2nd November 2011 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 194508)
I'm lucky enough to own all the AB 'Coffin' sets which are excellent bar the pain in the arse disc holders.

I have still sealed copies of the above releases too and all of 'em with loose discs inside due to those unfeasibly user-unfriendly hubs!:mmph:

Subsequently however, yours truly did manage to obtain an Amaray case edition of the Warren set from HMV and i only wish ABUK reissued the remaining coffin collections in the same plastic packaging.

Definitely having SR's SS DVD when the time comes and here's hoping Terror and Prey receive similar treatment. Although i do own Redemption's U.S. release of the latter.:)

Demoncrat 2nd November 2011 10:13 AM

id say its a tie between Terror and SS for me, have seen Inseminoid A LOT due to mate's obssession with it...but it wouldnt be the first of his id buy nowadays.....

Mojo 3rd November 2011 03:13 PM

I see the BBFC have passed NJ Warren's short film Fragment. Anyone know what BFI release this is for?...

Title « British Board of Film Classification

Mojo 16th November 2011 06:06 PM

Well it seems that BFI Flipside are releasing Warren's Her Private Hell on Blu- ray early next year.

By all accounts, they're also releasing Andy Milligan's Nightbirds :eek:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th November 2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 198134)
Well it seems that BFI Flipside are releasing Warren's Her Private Hell on Blu- ray early next year.

By all accounts, they're also releasing Andy Milligan's Nightbirds :eek:

That's two more for my Flipside collection, then! :happy:

Mojo 16th November 2011 06:14 PM

I've got quite a few BFI releases now. They're fast becoming one of my favourite dvd labels.